Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-15-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If the RB logic isn't your thing..

Texans have arguably the worst rushing lines in football for some reason this season..

Just tell me how RB would make us better?

when arguments come across that RB has the saints 5-1.. That means they have a better team..

HOW does Reggie make this team better?
on a good team he has this
54 carries 170 yards.. for 3.1 average and no TD's

I hate starting this thread but RB comes up here with every Texan loss either on the Messageboard or on TV.

So Tell me how he would make us better?
BTW our WR's are better than N.O. and if you wouldn't take AJ and moulds over them, I don't know what to think.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nor/stats
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If the RB logic isn't your thing..

We already have an All-Pro WR and an All-Pro KR. Why spend $60 million on a guy that does both?

Almost forgot...he can get stuffed in the backfield too.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Texans have arguably the worst rushing lines in football for some reason this season..

when arguments come across that RB has the saints 5-1.. That means they have a better team..

I hate starting this thread but RB comes up here with every Texan loss either on the Messageboard or on TV.

BTW our WR's are better than N.O. and if you wouldn't take AJ and moulds over them, I don't know what to think.

That's just the point, he wouldn't make us that much more better. Our problem (on offense anyway) is no running game, which has clearly not been his strongest area for the saints.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #4
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

If we had Deuce sitting in the backfield then RB would make us better. Unfortunately for us though the only things we have sitting in the backfield usually atm are either a slow RB or a QB who is actually laying on his back not sitting as such
Old 10-15-2006   #5
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

Well, Joe Horn's best days may be behind him, but I'd take Colston over Moulds any day. They've got a better Qb feeding them, but if I had to win a game tomorrow I'd take the fellas from NO... they just seem to make more plays, especially at big moments. Maybe it's all Brees, but Colston and Horn have stepped up every time they were called upon.... Colston's been fantastic in the red zone.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

true toro... I admit I was going with name "power".. colston had a nice TD grab today..
Old 10-15-2006   #7
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The simple answer here is, he wouldn't.

Kubiak has stated many time that he wants to build this team from the lines out. This is why more than half of our picks were lineman. Reggie Bush is a great player that does not fit our needs or scheme.

The people that come here and push Bush as our savior are just doing it to get a rise out of us and/or ignorant to our needs and scheme. Just ignore the comments, they add nothing to the board and arguing with them only encourages it.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2006   #8
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Wolf, I couldn't be more with you on Bush... he's not a running back. And at least at this moment, he's not even a runner on par with Westbrook. All that being said, he is a very nice player who can impact the game in a lot of areas. He is very far form being a franchise player, in my opinion. He's got 65 carries for 195 yards (3 yards per), with a long of 18. He's just one big carry away from getting that average up to 4 ypc, but that's a big if. He's a great guy to have on your team... that much is certain. Is he worth the money or the draft positioning? It looks unlikely... but he could figure out how to run at this level.
Old 10-15-2006   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro View Post
Well, Joe Horn's best days may be behind him, but I'd take Colston over Moulds any day. They've got a better Qb feeding them, but if I had to win a game tomorrow I'd take the fellas from NO... they just seem to make more plays, especially at big moments. Maybe it's all Brees, but Colston and Horn have stepped up every time they were called upon.... Colston's been fantastic in the red zone.
See how Brees came in there and showed he can win with that team. I can't imagine the difference in the faith they have for their QB this year rather than last year. It obviously makes the whole team better.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #10
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

look at the problems edge has at with AZ and we know for a fact edge can run the ball.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #11
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Reggie didn't make N.O. better first off, Drew made N.O. better period. New Orleans has something now that it never had before, an actual QB...

Look at what there starting QB last year has done for the Raiders, LOL...

Not hard to figure out that problem... The only thing that Reggie has done for New Orleans is catch passes, return punts, and fill the seats....
Old 10-15-2006   #12
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
See how Brees came in there and showed he can win with that team. I can't imagine the difference in the faith they have for their QB this year rather than last year. It obviously makes the whole team better.
There's no better testament to the folly of "upside" than Drew Brees... just produce baby. UT passed over him as a HS senior... tons of teams passed up on him out of college... San Diego let him go after Pro-Bowl caliber play. He'll probably win a few Super Bowls and get passed over in Canton too... it would only be fitting.
Old 10-15-2006   #13
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're right. But your the one who keeps bringing it up from what I see. this is the second time today I've seen a thread go into Reggie bash mode initiated by you.

Obviously not everyone is going to let it go until you guys start winning some games. But if you really want people to drop it, you should practice what you preach.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

people won't drop it.. media wont drop it.

my topic wasn't the norm of why we didn't draft him, it was what would he have done for us
Old 10-15-2006   #15
DCSaints_fan
Rookie

I would agree that Bush does not make your team better at this point. I've said it before, but Kubiak (and probably Shanahan too) seems to be a believer in building an o-line that makes your RB look really good and is not gonig to be someone that spends a high draft pick not ot mention tons of cap room on one.

Bush has made some plays for us (especially last week), but on the whole has not been the Second Coming that he was christened by the media shortly after he declared. I wasn't really expecting him to do that, and had doubts about his ability to be a full time back, especially playing behind someone like McAllister. I still hope that he can adjust to the game and be a real threat on the ground. Like another poster said he is one big run/game away from pushing his average over 4 a carry. I think if he can get to 3.5/3.6 and continue with producing on the receiving end I would call it a good first year.
DCSaints_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSaints_fan View Post
I would agree that Bush does not make your team better at this point. I've said it before, but Kubiak (and probably Shanahan too) seems to be a believer in building an o-line that makes your RB look really good and is not gonig to be someone that spends a high draft pick not ot mention tons of cap room on one.

Bush has made some plays for us (especially last week), but on the whole has not been the Second Coming that he was christened by the media shortly after he declared. I wasn't really expecting him to do that, and had doubts about his ability to be a full time back, especially playing behind someone like McAllister. I still hope that he can adjust to the game and be a real threat on the ground. Like another poster said he is one big run/game away from pushing his average over 4 a carry. I think if he can get to 3.5/3.6 and continue with producing on the receiving end I would call it a good first year.
i agree. Duece has has been a stud this season..Brees, I can't give enough props, I saw the last of the Philly game... Drew just knew the right reads.
Old 10-16-2006   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I could easily see Bush become a WR in time (and a damn expensive one at that) or a hybrid type that gets 5 carries and 7 grabs a game. I dont think he will ever crack 1000 yards on the ground.
Old 10-16-2006   #18
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

I think the problem is the def. Unless you plan on winning all of our games by scoring 40+ points, you have to stop the other team from scoring and that's the problem. Fix the def, then worry about some kind of running game.
Old 10-16-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryhunt View Post
look at the problems edge has at with AZ and we know for a fact edge can run the ball.
AZ's Oline is worse than ours. Edge can run if he has blocking. That excuse can't be used for RB because McAllister has had a nice year.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a silly argument. There is no way to determine what is bringing the Saints to this high levle. Here are some possibilities:
1. Drew Brees
-Leader, accurate, makes plays
2. Healthy McCallister
-All around great back
3. Marques Colston
-WR/TE threat for a TD every game
4. Sean Payton
-Just an amazing coach
5. Bush
-Enthusiasm, good speed, brings media attention, maybe teams are keying on him?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read