Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2006   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Grading the Texans

QB: C (No run game, dropped passes)

RB: F (pathetic, absolutly pathetic, trade for Chris Brown from the Titans)

WR: D Seemed to only run slant routes, not aggresive, dropped passes by AJ

TE: D never saw them

OL: C good pass protection, horrible run blocking

DL: C Mario made some plays, they played ok, but not well enough

LBS: C Demeco is the only one making plays, Orr had a couple

SeC: F Horrible, Safety help late, No one can cover, and the worst in the league

ST: D Horrible decisions, bad punting, fumbles

Coaching: N/A Never showed up. Pathetic play calling, Defense did not adjust and players were confused again about who was to be on the sidelines resting and who in the game.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #2
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Re: Grading the Texans

QB: C- a function of his surroundings, not much else he could gave done

RB: F- leading rusher is the QB with 15 yards? wtf?

WR: C- a couple of catchables balls but were blanketted by a Dallas secondary that didnt have to worry about a running game or deep ball

O-Line: C-good pass blocking, **** run blocking

TE: D- nice catch on the first drive then went annonymous

D-line: B- good plays from Mario and Weaver, worn down by TOP

LB: B- not much from the TE's or over the middle. Not enough inthe run stuffing department

DB's: B- -Good coverage but didnt make the plays on the ball. Only gave up about 180 passing yards, but field position problems lead to TD's.
Old 10-15-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

TE: D- nice catch on the first drive then went annonymous

Were they blocking more to help the passing game?
Old 10-15-2006   #4
sleepwalker
Veteran

Fair assessment.....I would have graded better on defense, it wasnt their fault we had no control of the clock or offense.

On the play calling issues....I think Smith did a pretty good job with aggression...The problem was, the defense had to play all day with no offensive production to help them rest...Also Kubiak understands that if you double our wide outs then we are going to have to make plays underneath...Since our running game was non-exhistant, that pretty much left dumping the ball off to our talentless backs and rookie tight end...I think Parel had a great game plan of stuffing our run and forcing Carr to make plays against that 2 deep zone and it payed off...I expect other teams to do the same.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #5
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
QB: C (No run game, dropped passes)

RB: F (pathetic, absolutly pathetic, trade for Chris Brown from the Titans)

WR: D Seemed to only run slant routes, not aggresive, dropped passes by AJ

TE: D never saw them

OL: C good pass protection, horrible run blocking

DL: C Mario made some plays, they played ok, but not well enough

SeC: F Horrible, Safety help late, No one can cover, and the worst in the league

Coaching: N/A Never showed up. Pathetic play calling, Defense did not adjust and players were confused again about who was to be on the sidelines resting and who in the game.

And his INT's
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

QB: B (made the throws, many drops and no running game, did have bad decision on ONE int(other int was a good legit play)

RB: F (no spark, nothing that I can see that resembled a gamebreaker)

WR: c (too many dropped passed)

TE: incomplete, never really saw them after the "scripted drive"

OL: D .. (didn't give up sacks but didn't open holes.. how many short yardage stuff did we not convert?)

DL: D (our pressure was because of blitzes overall, but front 4 didn't impress me much)

SeC: F (we seem to be a step or two away everytime)

Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Dont forget P-buc was resposnible for 50% of our scoring with that return before the half. Geez...P-buc's return, the stop at the goal line...we could have easily scored 17 in the first half,thats the diffeance between 1-4 and a good team. We'll get there eventually, but its going to be slow and painful
Old 10-15-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame the entire loss on no running game, which I think is about 80% a lack of run blocking. The runners weren't great at all, but they had little room to run. You can't pass on every play. I know there are some that would literally have us do that, but it's just an ignorant idea. The 2 interceptions were a sign of that and Carr was trying to force the issue, knowing we couldn't run. He won't be so highly rated anymore, and I'd say that's very fair. Those linemen (and probably blocking backs) need to get the system down and start doing it right. That's the whole problem.

On defense, I was very happy with how well they handled being on the field so much in the first half. In the second, they were just worn out from the first 3 quarters of having no running game on offense.

QB: C+

RB: C

WR & TE: B-

OL: D+ (A few sacks and this is an F. The run blocking was ATROCIOUS.)

DL: B

LB: B+

S: C (Safety blitzes successfull or this is much worse.)

C: A- (This is considering who they went against and all the single coverages.)

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

First Half: C+ (Damnit 2 tries to run it into the endzone, come on!!)
Second Half: F

Overall D-
Old 10-15-2006   #10
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
OL: D+ (A few sacks and this is an F. The run blocking was ATROCIOUS.)

Didnt we do this zone blocking scheme last year? All that has changed is the Sherman influence and Flanigan in at Center.
Old 10-15-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Didnt we do this zone blocking scheme last year? All that has changed is the Sherman influence and Flanigan in at Center.
I'm hearing now that Dayne missed a few holes, so maybe I was being a little too hard on them. I still think they're way out of sync though and I really don't know why. I could say a lot of things, going all the way back to when we didn't use the ZBS at all and our O-line's best year was year #2, but those thoughts don't all jive together and it gets complicated. Dayne is not a ZBS runner. Flanagan is not a run blocker for a guy like Dayne. Are we using the ZBS, because I swear it looks like one side of the line is and the other isn't? I don't know what is going on, but it could be that assignments are being missed and possibly even misunderstood. I don't want to see Dayne start anymore, despite the fact that I don't blame this loss on him. I want to see ZBS all the way or not at all. Kubiak and Sherman need to have a long talk.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #12
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Its sad, Dayne was brought in because he played in the ZBS last year and hd a decent game against Dallas.
Old 10-15-2006   #13
TPIMP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
stats don't lie they say two
Stats lie all the time?
Old 10-15-2006   #14
TPIMP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I'm hearing now that Dayne missed a few holes, so maybe I was being a little too hard on them. I still think they're way out of sync though and I really don't know why. I could say a lot of things, going all the way back to when we didn't use the ZBS at all and our O-line's best year was year #2, but those thoughts don't all jive together and it gets complicated. Dayne is not a ZBS runner. Flanagan is not a run blocker for a guy like Dayne. Are we using the ZBS, because I swear it looks like one side of the line is and the other isn't? I don't know what is going on, but it could be that assignments are being missed and possibly even misunderstood. I don't want to see Dayne start anymore, despite the fact that I don't blame this loss on him. I want to see ZBS all the way or not at all. Kubiak and Sherman need to have a long talk.
Agreed I've watched the game three times now and the line blocking is very strange. The Zone blocking from the preseason is no where to be found. Nobody cut blocking the back side. No cut blocks at all. It looks like all man on man power blocking. Sherman and his group have not been impressive
Old 10-15-2006   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its sad, Dayne was brought in because he played in the ZBS last year and hd a decent game against Dallas.
dayne looks bad, no doubt, but part of that is because we havent used kubiak's zbs since preseason.

edit: what tpimp said 10 second before me lol.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read