Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2006   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default New Right Tackle?

I guess it depends on how bad the sprain is. Weigert getting injured was going to happen eventually. I hope he gets better, but could this be the week we get to see Winston play? Or is Bedell going to take that spot? The Texans are going through tackles like Spinal Tap goes through drummers.
Old 10-15-2006   #2
sleepwalker
Veteran

Default Re: New Right Tackle?

hahaha so true.....we have some serious issues to deal with on that line.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #3
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

At the end of the game winston was getting schooled. I hope he improves soon.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #4
K.D.
Veteran

Hate to bust the bubble on Winston but he is not ready for action. His limited time today almost got Sage killed. We are in for a long,frustrating season wiht this thing called an O-line.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Winston is a great draft pick, but I cannot believe they thought he was play-ready. He needs more time to develop and learn the system, and putting him in now will just be detrimental and counter-productive. Of course, my biggest fear is that what happened to Spenser will happen to Winston. The Texans don't have any more games on artificial turf, do they?
Old 10-15-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
I guess it depends on how bad the sprain is. Weigert getting injured was going to happen eventually. I hope he gets better, but could this be the week we get to see Winston play? Or is Bedell going to take that spot? The Texans are going through tackles like Spinal Tap goes through drummers.
Weigart was injured??? Are you sure??? I didn't hear that.

Winston came in the game in garbage time.
Old 10-15-2006   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

It was reported in the chronicle's first game overview story. Payne, Weigert, and one or two others were injured. Those were just the names that stuck out to me. Sorry I don't have a link - the Chronicle has a much more in-depth AP article that does not mention injuries. It said he went out in the first play of the first quarter and that Winston took over duties.
Old 10-15-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63719 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Weigart was injured??? Are you sure??? I didn't hear that.

Winston came in the game in garbage time.

I heard on the radio that Weigert was injured and I thought they were referring to Winston when they said a player had jammed a finger pretty badly and had they had to pull it back into place so he could keep playing.

There was a lot of commotion around me so I'm not sure if I heard any or all of it correctly.

Edit to add:

A link!
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/10/t..._wounde_1.html

Quote:
Defensive tackle Seth Payne is done for the year with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. He suffered the same injury in his left knee in 2003. This could be career-ending because he'll be 32 next season when he wants to return.

Right tackle Zach Wiegert suffered a sprained knee. His replacement, Eric Winston, suffered a disclocated finger, but they snapped it back into place. Ouch!
Old 10-15-2006   #9
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Wow. We can't afford these injuries. Our team is already thin and we lose a veteran leader on our DLine and now have lost both of our starting tackles. This hurts.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Eh. Weigert was expected. His body hasn't been holding up well.

Thanks for the link, Runner.
Old 10-15-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Payne is a big hit to the Defensive line IMO. Weigert....eehh, not to sure how big that one is.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63719 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Payne is a big hit to the Defensive line IMO. Weigert....eehh, not to sure how big that one is.
That depends on how you like starting tackles Salaam and Winston and swing tackle Bedell.

I'm just joking. I'm sure we can find an ex-Denver tackle somewhere to challenge Bedell for the swing shift.
Old 10-15-2006   #13
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
That depends on how you like starting tackles Salaam and Winston and swing tackle Bedell.

I'm just joking. I'm sure we can find an ex-Denver tackle somewhere to challenge Bedell for the swing shift.
You know what...I'm with ya on the "ex-denver tackle scenario" anything is better right now IMO
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yup, I was getting at that Im not sure how well Winston will step up. Could be good, could be bad, might just be about the same.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know man, that may be a joke but sometimes I get the feeling that when our team goes to check for available free agents all they look at is whether or not the guy played in Denver or Green Bay.
Old 10-15-2006   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't know man, that may be a joke but sometimes I get the feeling that when our team goes to check for available free agents all they look at is whether or not the guy played in Denver or Green Bay.
I wasn't joking about THAT, I was joking about Bedell being the swing man!
Old 10-15-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The Houston Texans do not condone player profiling.
Old 10-15-2006   #18
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Ouch, all the injuries.

Does that mean we aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year?

Is it possible to play without an O-Line?

With our O-Line jinx will any O-Linemen ever want to play here?

For these and other answers, tune in next year.

Another thread was asking the question "Overhaul?". After today's hits, losing Spencer, never having Dominic I guess that is a moot point. Right now, I am wondering how we are even going to field a team by the end of the year.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Is Greed View Post
Wow. We can't afford these injuries. Our team is already thin and we lose a veteran leader on our DLine and now have lost both of our starting tackles. This hurts.
It also highlights why we shouldn't have been so cavalier about getting rid of any depth we had at o-line. We should have carried 10 o-lineman on the roster like many other teams do. I'm not sure why we chose to balance the roster like we did.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read