Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2006   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr's leadership abilities

I have come to the conclusion that Carr has no leadership skills at all. I see him in interviews talking and sometimes I am embarassed for our team because its almost like a joke. On the field, he never rallies the guys and makes a statement. I just really dont think we are going anywhere with this QB.

I am watching Gradkowski for the Bucs lead his team downfield. Down by 6. He just scored the game winning touchdown agaisnt the BENGALS, with a 0-5 team. His teamates are hugging him and really letting him take them to the win.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr's leadership abilities

I think that much of the Texans fanbase holds a degree in "Wrong Tree Barking" but that's just me.
Old 10-15-2006   #3
MrMeToo
All Pro

Sage>Carr.....

today.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think that much of the Texans fanbase holds a degree in "Wrong Tree Barking" but that's just me.

For the love of God--so the DB's can't cover anyone, the RB's can't paddy cake a hole much less hit one, AJ while a great WR still has a hard time knowing a football is to be caught and it is Carr's leadership today. Yeah, OK. Geez, the wrong tree must have mistletoe all over it.
Old 10-15-2006   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Look, nobody on the team did anything. No defense, no run game. In this offense, the run is to set up the pass. Without the run, the pass goes no where. Carr has had a pretty good season before this game. Lets see how he bounces back.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Carr didn't get sacked, he got hit, maybe 3 times. we have tightends, & 2 #1 Widerecievers. RBs that can catch the ball out of the backfield, but he didn't get it done.

He stared down AJ on the pass that was intercepted...

but I won't blame this loss on Carr. OUr lack of a running game(OLine, not RBs) made us one dimensional from the get go.

We can't blame the defense....... the field was way too short on each scoring drive. We can't blame play selection.......

This loss lays squarely on the shoulders of our offense.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

can anyone find any MORE excuses to hate on Carr?

PLEASE..lets get a thread with ALL OF THEM ..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2006   #8
bigcarlos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I have come to the conclusion that Carr has no leadership skills at all. I see him in interviews talking and sometimes I am embarassed for our team because its almost like a joke. On the field, he never rallies the guys and makes a statement. I just really dont think we are going anywhere with this QB.

I am watching Gradkowski for the Bucs lead his team downfield. Down by 6. He just scored the game winning touchdown agaisnt the BENGALS, with a 0-5 team. His teamates are hugging him and really letting him take them to the win.
True
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #9
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
wow sage got close to the one yard line against dallas. How far did Carr go?
I'm sure you gave Carr's early season 4th quarter drives equal credence?
noxiousdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

for crying out loud, it was 34-6 .. Dallas wasn't really worried about us coming back on them by then.. not to take anything away from Sage, but Dallas was in the "don't give up a quick score mode" (if that at all)
Old 10-15-2006   #11
TPIMP
Veteran

Quote:
To the ONE YARD LINE on the first drive and they couldn't run it in from there! They failed to convert 3rd and 1 three times trying to run. That is not Carr's fault.
Old 10-15-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I'm sure you gave Carr's early season 4th quarter drives equal credence?
exactly.. Sage's stats are "GARBAGE stats"
Old 10-15-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

if I recall Carr led the Texans to the one yard line early in the game but NO running game could get them in.
Old 10-15-2006   #14
sleepwalker
Veteran

This loss had everything to do with absolutely no running game...To try and say that it was Carr's responsibility to lead his crappy-talentless offense line to open some holes to run through is ridiculous.

Give me a @#$@#% break.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #15
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPIMP View Post
To the ONE YARD LINE on the first drive and they couldn't run it in from there! They failed to convert 3rd and 1 three times trying to run. That is not Carr's fault.
Please. With any other quarterback Dayne and Gado would have like 10 yards per carry. Carr has the motivational skillz of Eyeore
noxiousdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ummmm DUHHHHH? The one yard line on the opening drive where an even half way competent rushing game would have poked it in. Care to play again?

Anyone that doesn't point to 19 yards on 14 attempts as the great failure of this game is a moron.
Old 10-15-2006   #17
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Carr didn't get sacked, he got hit, maybe 3 times. we have tightends, & 2 #1 Widerecievers. RBs that can catch the ball out of the backfield, but he didn't get it done.

He stared down AJ on the pass that was intercepted...

but I won't blame this loss on Carr. OUr lack of a running game(OLine, not RBs) made us one dimensional from the get go.

We can't blame the defense....... the field was way too short on each scoring drive. We can't blame play selection.......

This loss lays squarely on the shoulders of our offense.

i agree 100%
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

And here we go...........................
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #19
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me try to end this stupid thread...............David Carr was your leading rusher today!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey lets not forget the balls that Andre dropped today, I am tired of him going under the radar, MAKE A PLAY WHEN YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!, NOT just jump balls and wide open balls, catch the hard ones, SICK AND TIRED of watching him drop balls over and over.

This is a stupid thread, talk about stuff that makes sense! Critique all you want BUT Carr has NOTHING TO DO with the run game after the ball leaves his hand into the RBs.

We need a running back now NOT another 300lbs RB KuBES! Take some draft picks and find a RB! There ARE HOLES AND CUT BACK LANES for the tailbacks, are big guys just stick their heads down in the back of our lineman and grind out yards............CRAP!............. sorry, NO you know what I am not sorry.

Last edited by Hulk75; 10-15-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Boy, you aren't kidding. With a fanbase so ignorant, does one see why I get in trouble all the time cracking on other posters?:brickwall
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read