Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-15-2006   #1
Bongo59
Veteran

Default VY coming of age today......................

He played a very good game today against a tough team at home in DC......................cant wait to see him in Houston
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #2
afcman
Veteran

Default Re: VY coming of age today......................

That team is showing SOME heart. The texans need to watch tape of their last two games.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Yeah--it is amazing what 178 yds of rushing will do for a QB--look he may actually top 50% completions for the day.
Old 10-15-2006   #4
afcman
Veteran

I still say though that Cutler and Leinhart will be better in the long run.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #5
TNTitan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
I still say though that Cutler and Leinhart will be better in the long run.
and Carr is?
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #6
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah--it is amazing what 178 yds of rushing will do for a QB--look he may actually top 50% completions for the day.
lol, sooo true
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #7
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

VY looked great. Travis Henry looked like an MVP. Go Titans.
Old 10-15-2006   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of us around here have been thinking that the Titans games would be sure wins for the Texans this year. I'm not thinking so anymore.

What happened to VY's ankle?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #9
doughboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post

What happened to VY's ankle?
Hes good just a stinger.
Old 10-15-2006   #10
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryhunt View Post
lol, sooo true
In VY's defense they are intentionally keeping him in the pocket. They didn't run one designed run today except for an option which he gave up quick. They're making him learn to manage a game and pass from the pocket before they let him run around and make plays. There were probably ten plays today where he could have taken off and gotten the first down easily today... but doing so only imperils him in a lost season and doesn't aid his development really. Watching the games I get the feeling he's under some pretty strict directives from Fisher and Chow to not scramble or too seriously suppress the instinct to do so.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #11
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Yeah--I wish our QB could do that, ours had only 15 yds and still led our team in rushing...LOL. As for the completions, that obviously doesn't matter too much b/c our QB leads the NFL and we still have the same record as the Titans.
Old 10-15-2006   #12
jshlr4343
Rookie

Quote:
It all goes around. When a QB is feared for what he can do running and passing, it opens up the running game and vice versa. It's interesting because the Titans were supposed to have one of the worst offensive lines and they have been looking pretty good because Vince can move around so well.

David Carr looks pretty good for having no running game to keep the pressure off of him.
jshlr4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #13
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand why people are reluctant to give Vince his props. He spread the ball around; made a couple of huge clutch plays; and most importantly didn't do anything to hurt his team. Oh yeah, and his team won. My bet is the Titans are pretty darn pleased with what he's shown so far.
Old 10-15-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with that,, I just get tired of the Carr hatred threads. Carr(until today) didn't have many INT's, yet people found excuses to hate eventhou Carr led the league in stats.

now after today he won't lead the leage...but the debate contnues
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #15
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 40 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Good job by VY and the rest of the team on the win.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTitan View Post
and Carr is?
..a QB.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59 View Post
He played a very good game today against a tough team at home in DC......................cant wait to see him in Houston
I just saw the highlights...

I can't imagine folks still thinking he's going to take two years before he can play like make a difference in this league.

There were some nice on the money small window throws in this game. I hope to see the game on NFL replay.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Rivers View Post
I don't understand why people are reluctant to give Vince his props. He spread the ball around; made a couple of huge clutch plays; and most importantly didn't do anything to hurt his team. Oh yeah, and his team won. My bet is the Titans are pretty darn pleased with what he's shown so far.
What's funny, is that even though he is just one man, the whole team is playing better. Even the defense is playing better, because IMHO, they think they can win with # 10......

I'll have to look at the stats, to see if they really are playing better, but from the outside looking in, watching highlights, and checking the stats sheet, you get the feeling that it is a totally different team from top to bottom.
Old 10-15-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I agree with that,, I just get tired of the Carr hatred threads. Carr(until today) didn't have many INT's, yet people found excuses to hate eventhou Carr led the league in stats.

now after today he won't lead the leage...but the debate contnues
It's because some people say that stats mean nothing when you use them against someone, but that it's all that matters when they are in that someone's favor.

People have been putting light on the fact that our offense can't get anything done outside of scripted plays to open the game, and in Garbage time. But noooooo the stats say that our passing game is better than our running game. The stats say that we've got the best passer in the league, and the stats say that David Carr takes care of the ball.

I've got nothing against Carr, & I won't blame this loss on him. Heck, after reviewing the run game, I can't imagine why we weren't prepared to take advantage of plays where we had obvious mismatches. 3rd & 1, we line up with two WRs, and our TE lined up far right with Roy Williams in coverage....

Helloooooo...... run Owen across the middle with Roy Trailing....

Or you got Greg Ellis way out there covering Owen, and you got RoyWilliams on the LOS..... Take that big ole OLB/DE convert to the top, hit him with a little skinny post....

We wasted so many opportunities like that......

and even though Anthony Henry picked off that pass covering AJ, we should have worked on that match-up a little more. the biggest problem on that play, was that David looked at AJ the whole time. It's hard to tell on TV, but I bet Henry never had his back to Carr. the Second problem, was that today, that was about all David threw, the comeback routes..... & I need to rewatch the game again, but I don't remember very many play action passes. The way Roy Williams was playing the run, the middle of the field, should've been wide open.

& I don't think we challenged those Corners deep..... Roy Williams on KevinWalter...... c'mon.. & anthony henry can't run with Aj.
Old 10-15-2006   #20
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What's funny, is that even though he is just one man, the whole team is playing better. Even the defense is playing better, because IMHO, they think they can win with # 10......
Good stats or bad, all VY does is win. I realize he was surrounded by talent at UT, but so was Applewhite and Simms. I agree that he brings an intangible that affects the whole team.

Part of the problem around here is everyone is so entrenched in their love/hate of Carr or which pick we should have taken that it skews objectivity. The only people who can make Carr a good QB or Mario a good pick are Carr & Mario. How the others do, (good or bad) ought to be irrelevant.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read