Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2006   #1
horn_omatic
Rookie

Default painful

it is horribly painful to follow this franchise. i am not a fair weather fan who is going to jump ship, but my god is it painful to watch the same garbage every sunday.:brickwall i guess i gotta keep telling myself that kubes needs about two more years of drafts and free agency to get his team set up the way he wants it.
Old 10-15-2006   #2
Cgold
Rookie

Default Re: painful

a tale of two halves....
Cgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear you. It's a tough row to hoe.

They look worse this year than they did last year IMO. Much worse.
Old 10-15-2006   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

And how many of our star players are going to leave whenever there contracts are up :/?
Old 10-15-2006   #5
afcman
Veteran

Guess they like that great losing feeling.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #6
horn_omatic
Rookie

my thoughts exactly. i can pretty much guarantee that andre will be gone when his contact is up. im planning on watching the texans pretty much start from scratch. god bless charlie and dom for the wonderful abundence of talent they have given us. guess that was kinda bad, but it just shows how poorly mismanaged this organization is/was from top to bottom.
Old 10-15-2006   #7
Texas_Heat
Veteran

The Leaders of this team have no pride or heart, until they get someone who cares this team will remain horrible.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2006   #8
TexansMVP
Probowler

This game was painful. They gave me some hope in the first half and then crushed it in the 2nd half.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #9
Harl1982
noob

Turned the game off...watching NO and Philly....been embarassed at reliant......don't have to be in my own house
Harl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #10
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Worst half of football ever. I'm embarrassed to be Texans fan right now, but will stay the course. These are the bad years, but there will be good. I just hope it's in my lifetime.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
And how many of our star players are going to leave whenever there contracts are up :/?
We have "star" players? When did this happen?

I see a damaged QB who's getting better, a WR we keep seeing called a "beast" who rarely catches anything deeper than 10-15 yards and who dropped 4-5 balls today alone, a CB who is always the first guy to tackle the receiver he just gave a 20 yard completion to, a DE who is too small but who cost us an entire first day, a relatively lazy DT we took because the LB we should have had "didn't fit our system", and another DE who played one half of one season at a high level and showed a heck of a workout.

I don't see any star players out there. I'm sorry, I just don't.
Old 10-15-2006   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Perhaps the most un-imaginative playcalling on offense I have EVER seen.

Our offense looks like they are runnig practice reps out there. Somebody tell them that this is not a drill on the practice field, we kinda' need someone to step up and be a playmaker.

Title of this thread is right: Painful.

Our defense just got tired of havig to bail an inept offense out time and time again. Can't blame the defense on this one, if you ask me. They held Dallas to 3 points in the first half...all we could muster was two field goals.

Are we just scared to score a TD? Looks like it to me.
Old 10-15-2006   #13
afcman
Veteran

Watch....more players will end up "injured" from now on. Not playing and getting paid.
Old 10-15-2006   #14
bigcarlos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Worst half of football ever. I'm embarrassed to be Texans fan right now, but will stay the course. These are the bad years, but there will be good. I just hope it's in my lifetime.
I agree
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #15
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Perhaps the most un-imaginative playcalling on offense I have EVER seen.
Yeah. Hey! Let's do this......run the ball. It will work this time right?
Old 10-15-2006   #16
horn_omatic
Rookie

does anyone by chance have bobs email address, i would like to send him a copy of this thread to let him know how his fans feel. im sure he's feeling it at reliant, cause everytime i watch them on tv, half the stands are empty. someone above me made a good point, about wasted draft pics. 2nd and 3rd for buchannon, 2nd for tony hollings, 2nd and 3rd for babin and we should have gotten derrick johnson from texas, but instead got a tree stump named travis johnson. damn this is frustrating.
Old 10-15-2006   #17
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default ...still here, maybe even stronger--'Caperism'

It's called 'Caperism' Football and it is still alive and well in its 5th year in Houston...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #18
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn_omatic View Post
does anyone by chance have bobs email address, i would like to send him a copy of this thread to let him know how his fans feel. im sure he's feeling it at reliant, cause everytime i watch them on tv, half the stands are empty. someone above me made a good point, about wasted draft pics. 2nd and 3rd for buchannon, 2nd for tony hollings, 2nd and 3rd for babin and we should have gotten derrick johnson from texas, but instead got a tree stump named travis johnson. damn this is frustrating.
Yep, Derrick Johson and DeMeco Ryans would be a nice start to our LB crew right now.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #19
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Heat View Post
The Leaders of this team have no pride or heart, until they get someone who cares this team will remain horrible.
Agree...we need some heart and fire, dammit. I am down with this team for the duration, but I am in agreement. Someone needs to light a f-in fire under everyone's butt...hell I love Dayne, but light that fool on fire. He looks slow as hell.

Venting now and I apologize, but I know we are better than we look.
Old 10-15-2006   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I hear you. It's a tough row to hoe.

They look worse this year than they did last year IMO. Much worse.
Umm, you must not remeber too much of last year. I think we can acctually take some positives from this game. 1- no sacks on Carr during relevant playing time. 2. We only gave up 3 points in the first half 3. CB's looked pretty good in covergae, didnt make enough plays on the ball but much better then the wide open receivers we saw against Indy or last year.

Basicaly, with a decent running game we could have put 7 on the board on the first drive and continued several drives in the first half that ended on 4th and less then 3. For the first time in a while I can point out one single thing that we did very badly and multiple things that we did well, at least in the first half. After half time we got off to a bad start (got screwed on the first TO TD), then turned it over and things started to snowball, as one would expect on a young team with a very fragile confidence. Yes, this loss stings, but I see this as a building block to when we will be able to rely on this D to hold teams down for more then 30 minutes, and I realy believe this time will be coming.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read