Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2004   #21
Bill's/TexanFan
Rookie

No. But, have you posted anything on this board except negative comments? All you've done here is bash Casserly, Capers, & Carr...where's the evidence that you are a Texan fan and not some troll from another board?

Where's the evidence? My evidence is this. While sitting in Ralph Wilson Stadium last year and seeing former Texan Jeff Posey hit David Carr from his blindside, knocking from the game, I was perhaps the only fan there not cheering. Inside.....I was sick and saying to myself..."please get up David and show the Bill's and Buffalo what you've got." Sadly that didn't happen but those were my thoughts.
And please, go back and read my posts and find one negative thing I've ever said about David Carr.
And any "bashing" I've ever done to Casserly or Capers in my opinion they've deserved.
Both of these men have done some good things in their careers but in the NFL it's "what have you done for me lately". And to both of these guy's it time to start putting up or start thinking about getting off the pot!
You may make your living being a Texan "bu++ki$$er"... I choose not to and I'll give credit where credit is due!
Old 09-26-2004   #22
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill's/TexanFan
You may make your living being a Texan "bu++ki$$er"...
What? I get 10x the money you get for posting here.
Old 09-26-2004   #23
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't speak for every fan, but what I expect is this team to be prepared and play hard every game, every down. This team won some games by playing over their heads in the first 2 years. This year in the 2 plus games I have seen they have been outplayed and outcoached. They make a lot of mistakes in key situations, from the wrong players on the field, penalties that cost field position, running the wrong routes, poor defensive schemes, etc..

This team was an expansion team 3 years ago, but it isn't like they fielded a team full of players that had never played the game. They had a lot of veterans, especially on defense. I think this year the team from the ball boys to the GM has to show more than moral victories.

This team is going to be special. I don't expect them to be a playoff team until next season, but they shouldn't make the mistakes they continue to make. Capers set a tough precedent in Carolina when they went to the conference championship game in their second season. If you look at their schedule, though, they won 8 of their 12 against teams with 6 wins or less.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #24
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Great responses. I have to say the comment about the honeymoon being over but the relationship just starting is really true.

Let me ask this now. Do you feel that this last game against KC may be the game that turns things around for us? We have a few injuries in key positions.

Who would've thought that after week three we would be tied for last with Tenn?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #25
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tied for last, yes, that thought enterd my head, but with the Titanics???? Nope, didn't go there.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #26
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't give up hope yet.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #27
Doug
All Pro

I don't know if this will be the turning point or not....I hope it is. Regardless of KC's record they could have easily blown this team out of the water with the weapons they have but we found a way to keep it close and a way to win. To me that says alot, regardless of how ugly we played in the first two games and part of the third. For me it's still too early to start asking for peoples heads and ranting and raving about what to fix. It's hard to be realistic and optimistic at the same time when we played the first few games the way we did but I'm finding a way to get it done. I try and look for the good points more than the bad because anyone can find things that need to be fixed plus I'm not the one getting payed thousands to make those decisions. Call me naive, stupid, etc. but I'm just happy to be rooting for a Houston Pro Football team again. I want this team to win but my extremely high expectations are being saved for next year. For now I'd be happy with a record better than last year and if it doesn't happen then we took a step backward instead of forward now didn't we?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2004   #28
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think it gives some encouragement to a team that was having a rough couple of weeks. Just look at KC to get an idea what it would have been like for the Texans to go down 0-3 for the season. Vermeil called it a "disheartening loss", and Tony G described it as being in a headlock that you can't get out of. I wouldn't call it a turning point, but it makes the locker room a more friendly place heading home to prepare for the Raider and the Vikings. The team showed the heart we've all been accustomed to seeing the past two seasons, but they only showed it for part of the game. They still have to show it for an entire game before I'll call it a turning point.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read