Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dayne

due to CBS and their blackouts of the Texan games, I only got to see the 1st game against Philly.

however watching this game against the cowboys..I finally get to see Ron Dayne.

I know our OL is not blocking worth spit, but Dayne looks exceptionally slow to me.(understatement)

Morency didn't look that slow
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #2
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dayne

what's this about blackouts? I'm a little concerned because our ranch is in Mountain Home, right up the road from you and I would hate to get up there thinking I was going to be watching the game in between hunts.. I almost went this weekend. 8o
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I got dishnetwork and the local san antonio stations are not playing the Texans

no since the Eagles game

mountain home huh.. Kerrville here
Old 10-15-2006   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

THey should set Dayne up maybe a yard or 2 closer to Carr because he or Fat Gado have NO SPEED to get into the hole.

Morency had it, but he could not pick up the blitz. I guess you can coach speed but not blitz recognition (lol)
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #5
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I got dishnetwork and the local san antonio stations are not playing the Texans

no since the Eagles game

mountain home huh.. Kerrville here
yeah, i saw that on your Location profile.. I've got Directv without NFL ticket so I'm guessing it is the same. Guess I will have to add the ticket to make sure I don't miss any away games.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Dane is slow hes a power runner. The guy is like 240
Old 10-15-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
THey should set Dayne up maybe a yard or 2 closer to Carr because he or Fat Gado have NO SPEED to get into the hole.

Morency had it, but he could not pick up the blitz. I guess you can coach speed but not blitz recognition (lol)
There has been no hole.....

What they should do, is activate Dayne, or Gado, & Lundy. If there are no holes, and we have to try to run around the edges, we go with Lundy, if we can get some holes in the middle, like against washington indy, or Philly, then we go with the big guys.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2006   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
Dane is slow hes a power runner. The guy is like 240
Dayne is slow and is anything BUT a power runner, thats the biggest misconception about this guy. Im all for giving Wali another shot because I cant take seeing Dayne lunge into the back of a pile another time . . .
Old 10-15-2006   #9
dantem
Veteran

Has anybody on this thread considered the fact that our offensive line can't open a hole for the backs to go through?
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayne ran all over the Cowboys last Thanksgiving. We don't have the OL that Denver does, though.

Looked to me like the run blocking was the problem. Randy Cross even pointed out that there were defenders in the backfield as soon as the ball got handed off.

I nominate Mike Sherman for the goat.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There has been no hole.....
Are you saying you actually watched the game today or just guessing. Dayne looks like a poodle trying to hump the leg of the embarrassed little religious lady. He wouldn't know a hole if friggin Jenna Jameson was waiving a checkered flag at him.
Old 10-15-2006   #12
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

rofl

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #13
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantem View Post
Has anybody on this thread considered the fact that our offensive line can't open a hole for the backs to go through?
Did you watch the same game as I did? The holes were there. But everything collapses after a LONG period of time and that is exactly what happend. We have NO speed in the backfield...
Old 10-15-2006   #14
Koolbrz
Veteran

Has anyone considered that we DO NOT!!! have a quality RB. The line is not to great either. Maybe, just maybe, if we had a back with speed and great vision he might be able to create something out of nothing. I am sick and tired of the way these backs are running. They run straight into a pile of people and go nowhere. I said before the draft, RB position would be our achillies heel this yr if we did not draft a rb and here we are 6 wks into the season and we have no running game. I can see ourselves with the 2nd maybe 3rd overall pick this coming draft. Hopefully, they will take the best back available this coming yr. and not screw it up like they did last yr. Then again they might want to stick with the backs we have and try and draft another overrated Defensive Lineman.
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #15
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Dayne is slow and is anything BUT a power runner, thats the biggest misconception about this guy. Im all for giving Wali another shot because I cant take seeing Dayne lunge into the back of a pile another time . . .

Exactly true....Ron Dayne cannot and will not push a pile or get extra yards...he is BIG, FAT, and SLOW!!! With him in the backfield getting the majority of the carries we wont be able to run and we wont be able to win...
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #16
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Are you saying you actually watched the game today or just guessing. Dayne looks like a poodle trying to hump the leg of the embarrassed little religious lady. He wouldn't know a hole if friggin Jenna Jameson was waiving a checkered flag at him.

Greatest post ever.
JDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
Dayne ran all over the Cowboys last Thanksgiving. We don't have the OL that Denver does, though.

Looked to me like the run blocking was the problem. Randy Cross even pointed out that there were defenders in the backfield as soon as the ball got handed off.

I nominate Mike Sherman for the goat.
I agree that the blocking was not very good....but.. Dayne looks so slow running the ball. Wells looked better than that.

all through the game, I was thinking "How was he a heisman winner"?

He just looked like he was going in slow motion to me and with no power .. Wells seemed to have more power
Old 10-16-2006   #18
The Mighty Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolbrz View Post
Has anyone considered that we DO NOT!!! have a quality RB. The line is not to great either. Maybe, just maybe, if we had a back with speed and great vision he might be able to create something out of nothing. I am sick and tired of the way these backs are running. They run straight into a pile of people and go nowhere. I said before the draft, RB position would be our achillies heel this yr if we did not draft a rb and here we are 6 wks into the season and we have no running game. I can see ourselves with the 2nd maybe 3rd overall pick this coming draft. Hopefully, they will take the best back available this coming yr. and not screw it up like they did last yr. Then again they might want to stick with the backs we have and try and draft another overrated Defensive Lineman.
Yes some of us know that we do Not have a Quality RB... May I suggest:

Michael Turner from SD... He would help us alot... I would give up a #2 pick for him today! He has Vision, Speed, Power and wants to start!!! Lets make it happen!

The Mighty Texan

Michael Turner Texans RB of the Future!!!!
The Mighty Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #19
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayne = Stacey Mack. Hopefully one of the rookies shine in his absence.
JDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #20
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Infantrycak again

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read