Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-14-2006   #1
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texas A&M ousts Mizzou

What you know about that! I just got home from the game. All I have to say is that two things gave us this win.

1) First Half - Mizzou turnovers. They gave us more than enough chances to take the ball all the way to the house. I could not believe how many times they fumbled.

2) Second Half - Somebody unleashed the J-train. Jorvorskie Lane was putting between 6-10 yards per play against that Mizzou defense in the second half, until he started grinding it at the end to secure the win.

McGee did not impress me, but everyone else did. Our first few defensive stances were horrible to say the least... but they shaped up.

I am very excited about this team and I can't wait to see how we do against OSU, OU and definitely TU (might get neg rep for saying that ).

Gig'em!

Last edited by TexansLucky13; 10-14-2006 at 07:05 PM.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006   #2
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas A&M ousts Mizzou

Congrats to the Aggies beating Mizzou in a close game.The Aggies showed a lot of heart today!
Old 10-14-2006   #3
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I missed the game - couldn't catch it on the radio where we were. I am out of town in northern Arkansas, about 30 miles south of the Missouri border, so of course I had to wear my Aggie shirt to dinner *snicker*
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough loss for my Mizzou Tigers, but the Aggies took over the game in the
second half and deserve the win. Good effort A & M, you guys looked good today.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006   #5
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

maybe the first win they have deserved this year. they squeaked by Army and Kansas and got embarrassed by Tech in the final two minutes at Kyle Field. how this team continues to underperform with the talent base and financial resources it has is inexcusable. fran will find a way to get fired this year. just a bunch of smoke and mirrors in my opinion.
Old 10-14-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
maybe the first win they have deserved this year. they squeaked by Army and Kansas and got embarrassed by Tech in the final two minutes at Kyle Field. how this team continues to underperform with the talent base and financial resources it has is inexcusable. fran will find a way to get fired this year. just a bunch of smoke and mirrors in my opinion.
I agree with the Fran tidbit but the rest is unwarranted. The only problems we have had thus far are a direct result of a lack of good coaching, but that in itself is improving. His playcalling was much better today.

Saying that we didn't deserve a win this year until today is just dumb. This team deserves every win they get, as well as the fans.

I guess you don't think the Texans deserved to win against the Dolphins either? What a joke.
Old 10-14-2006   #7
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Daniels is an excellent QB, I love how he runs that offense. It's like hes the coach out there playing. He will be very good by the time he graduates. Whoever found out running the ball wins for the aggies deserves a corps medal.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2006   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan View Post
Whoever found out running the ball wins for the aggies deserves a corps medal.
Agreed. I personally could care less for the corp, but I get the point. Jorvorskie Lane is a beast.

The best thing about the corp is Reveille.
Old 10-15-2006   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Jorvorskie Lane is a beast.
it's a shame he's only 19. i'd draft him in 07 if at all possible ... and trade picks to do it.
Old 10-15-2006   #10
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Just a sidenote, and not claiming I know the guy, but backup RB Michael Goodson for A&M went to my HS (Klein Collins). So even if I'm pretty neutral to a&m I like to see people from back home succeed.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
Just a sidenote, and not claiming I know the guy, but backup RB Michael Goodson for A&M went to my HS (Klein Collins). So even if I'm pretty neutral to a&m I like to see people from back home succeed.
That's cool. He is doing really well for us at the moment. He is not as durable as the J-Train but he is a very valuable back.
Old 10-15-2006   #12
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post

2) Second Half - Somebody unleashed the J-train. Jorvorskie Lane was putting between 6-10 yards per play against that Mizzou defense in the second half, until he started grinding it at the end to secure the win.

!
They finally got out of the shotgun, and put him in the I and unleashed him. I think the Aggies hurt him when when they put J-train in the gun formation. That read play out of the gun, he can't get gone to full speed. That formation suits Goodson so much better. In the I, he reaches full speed by the time he hits the line, plus he runs more north and south in the I formation.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #13
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

I was saying play army play medals etc...
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read