Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default TJ, Payne, Weaver.......

..... who do you start against AndreGurode??

IMHO, he is why JJ is getting off to a great start this year. Sure, Rivera & kosier are getting some nice 2nd level blocks, but Andre Moves two or three defenders by himself. Cowboys are running up the middle, because of this man.

I don't think we can beat him strength for strength, we're going to have to out-quick him.

your thoughts??
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006   #2
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: TJ, Payne, Weaver.......

I imagine, just like any other game, Smith will have his rotation going to keep people fresh. I think that is probably the most important thing to do against a good o-line. Our boys need to be able to bring it hard for the entire 60 minutes. Philly got most of their heat on Bledsoe early in the halves. I don't want to see him with time to throw late in the game.
Old 10-14-2006   #3
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

yeah you keep pushing with fresh guys for 60 minutes and someone is gonna get wore out, hopefully the guy on the other team..I would put weaver on the guy and chip away at him some with TJ. when they start shifting their line to help him out it will leave a chance for Mario to maybe get some penetration. I still wish we would put a pass rusher off the line on mario side once in a while maybe one will get thru, babin has played off the line before, not a true linebacker position but will mess up their assignments.
Old 10-15-2006   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Payne is the most immovable object you have, followed by Weaver and trailed by TJ.
Old 10-15-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
yeah you keep pushing with fresh guys for 60 minutes and someone is gonna get wore out, hopefully the guy on the other team..I would put weaver on the guy and chip away at him some with TJ. when they start shifting their line to help him out it will leave a chance for Mario to maybe get some penetration. I still wish we would put a pass rusher off the line on mario side once in a while maybe one will get thru, babin has played off the line before, not a true linebacker position but will mess up their assignments.
IF JJ has 70 yards rushing in the first Qtr, should we continue to try to "wear them out"??
Old 10-15-2006   #6
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
IF JJ has 70 yards rushing in the first Qtr, should we continue to try to "wear them out"??
The Texans are going to have to go toe-to-toe with every Cowgirl on the field today. If we hit them in the mouth first, we are going to have the edge. I am more worried about Glenn and TO than JJ.
Old 10-15-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
The Texans are going to have to go toe-to-toe with every Cowgirl on the field today. If we hit them in the mouth first, we are going to have the edge. I am more worried about Glenn and TO than JJ.

While the Eagles pressured Bledsoe into mistake after mistake, most of their sacks came on good coverage, where Bledsoe had more than 3 seconds to throw the ball. Our guys have yet to prove that we can cover for 3 seconds.

The Cowboys run a big play offense. Shutting down the run Early is essential in shutting out the WRs...... no play action, no big plays. Keeping TO & Glenn in front of us, not letting them turn small gains into big gains (a T.O. Specialty) is key in this game.

Taking out JJ early will allow us to focus on Bledsoe.
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read