Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-13-2006   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Red face Chicago Bears DOMINATION!!! [:-o>

Are the Bears REALLY THIS GOOD???

Of course when any team starts doing well, the ESPN "Hype Station" starts to build...but are they really this good?

I've stated many times throughout the course of my short time on the boards that my son is a HUGE BEARS FAN! My wife is now a convert as well...and I've been a "Closet Bears Fan" for a couple years now.

I remember that my son and I were watching the Bears in the playoffs last year and we were sitting on the bed in the bedroom and he was decked out in all his Bears Gear.

Urlacher Jersey...Bears Stocking Hat...Bears Gloves...Bears Football...Had 2 or 3 of his Bears Toys (including Bears teddy bear) and he was SO excited. I remember his disappointment when they didn't get to go to the Superbowl. I just remember him looking up at me when they lost and saying, "Daddy, does this mean the Bears don't get to go to the Super Bowl?" Guys it broke my heart to tell him, that was the case. What can you say? 5 year old hearts heal fast I suppose...especially when their favorite team and their favorite player (Urlacher) are smokin' people down!

So what do I tell him???
Is THIS the year?
It's kind of like a No-Hitter...I don't want to jinx it. LOL

And before anyone says it...YES I know that this is a Texans board...I just wanted to share my enthusiasm with any other "Closet Bears Fans" out there in radio/tv/message board land.
================================================== =======

The Bears have taken advantage of a VERY soft schedule IMO...but they did DOMINATE/OBLITERATE a Seahawks team - Shaun Alexander.

2006 Schedule:
@ Green Bay
Detroit
@ Minnesota
Seattle
Buffalo
@ Arizona
San Francisco
Miami
@ NY Giants
@ NY Jets
@ New England
Minnesota
@ St. Louis
Tampa Bay
@ Detroit
Green Bay

MAN! Why couldn't WE(Texans) have a schedule like that?

Are they really THIS good?
http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/CHI

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chicago Bears DOMINATION!!! [:-o>

Guaranteed a playoff berth, Super Bowl is likely.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah going into this season the bears had (on paper) the weakest schedule in the NFL.

it's the NFC.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #4
real

That schedule is pathetic...
Old 10-13-2006   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

A Real solid defense and an offense that is adequet and an easy schedule. Sounds like the 2000 Ravens.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

To think that in 04' they were terrible, heck...we walked in there and spanked them (yes, I know Chad Hutchinson was quarterback).

Great turnaround by Lovie Smith, and Grossman is just a stud this year.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #7
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i watched Rex a bit last season,(before his injury) , and i said to my self, wow this guy is good, and i really like the bears and rex
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2006   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Why can't we develope a defense like thiers?? Frustrating!

They do have an awsome TEAM this year. They're getting nice performances by every position on the team.
Old 10-13-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Grossman stays healthy, they have a real good chance to go all the way.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah going into this season the bears had (on paper) the weakest schedule in the NFL.

it's the NFC.
AFC vs NFC this season:

6-9
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
AFC vs NFC this season:

6-9
AFC is better.
Old 10-13-2006   #12
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

They are a good team, but what I like the most is how everyone is jumping on board ESPN's Bears undefeated campaign all of a sudden without watching the games. At least watch the games people! They look great though
Old 10-13-2006   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched the Bears/Vikings and the Bears weren't all that special that day. But they got the W on the road against a division rival. That counts for two games. But the Vikes are nothing special this year.

I also watched them when they killed a SA-less Seattle. Quite dominating.

These are not the '86 Bears defensively but their defense is very good and capable of playing with the best in the league. Their improved offense only makes the D better.

Urlacher gets all the pub but Tommy Harris is one of the best - if not the best DTs in the league.

Their schedule is soft this year but you can't hold that against them - it's what the league asked them to play. The Giants and New England are their only 'tough' games remaining...

Last edited by aj.; 10-13-2006 at 06:40 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
To think that in 04' they were terrible, heck...we walked in there and spanked them (yes, I know Chad Hutchinson was quarterback).
Great turnaround by Lovie Smith, and Grossman is just a stud this year.
Very instructive comment ! Shows how quickly a team can be turned around.
I'm sure we all thought that the Texans would be in the thick of the playoff
hunt, and hopefully beyond even that by now, our fifth year.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

If their undefeated going into the NE game, they'll lose that one...

I say 13-3 though, or 12-4, with a loss at home in either in the divisional round, or the nfc champ. game...i like the bears...but the "they cant win a home playoff game" thing, really worries me.
Old 10-14-2006   #16
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
AFC is better.
Their inferior head-to-head record says otherwise.
Old 10-14-2006   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So the NFC is 9-6 vs. the AFC through 5 weeks. Not sure if you can draw any inferences on conference superiority based on that limited sample.

The AFC-NFC head to head play so far this season tells me that:

The Eagles and Redskins are better than Houston
Dallas is better than Tennessee
Baltimore is better than Tampa Bay
KC is better than Arizona and San Fransisco
Carolina and New Orleans are better than Cleveland
Chicago is better than Buffalo
Indy is better than the Giants
SF is better than Oakland

...and invoking the "on any given Sunday" rule:

St Louis was better than Denver that day (I think Denver is the better team)
Jax was better than Dallas that day (they are close)
Buffalo was better than MN that day (I think the Vikes are the better team)
and Washington was better than Jax that day (I think Jax is the better team)

There's a lot of parity in the league and I think the NFC might have a slight edge in strength over the AFC but there's no clear dominant conference at this point.

There's 5 interconference games this week and it could go 3-2 or 2-3 either way IMO. Buffalo and Detroit is kind of a tossup. Dallas will probably beat Houston, Washington will probably beat Tennessee, Cincinnati should beat Tampa, and Baltimore should be able to beat Carolina at home although that one could go either way as well.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
no it doesn't.
Old 10-14-2006   #19
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
There's a lot of parity in the league and I think the NFC might have a slight edge in strength over the AFC but there's no clear dominant conference at this point.
Agreed. But kastofsna's outstanding debate skills may get me to thinking the AFC is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
no it doesn't.
Let me guess, you're a trial lawyer when you're not posting on message boards.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read