Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2006   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 21898 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Parcells on Mario(again)

Before training camp, Dallas owner Jerry Jones said the Cowboys had defensive end Mario Williams rated at the top of their draft board. Coach Bill Parcells said the Cowboys would have drafted Williams if they had the top pick. Parcells reiterated his feelings Wednesday. "I think I would have, yes," Parcells said about taking Williams with the first pick. "I think quite honestly, you know, I'm a defensive coach at heart. You have to understand that. "He has rare size and speed, and I think he's going to wind up being a very good player."

http://www.benmaller.com/#nfl_rumors_notes

Fascinating.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Parcells on Mario(again)

Take off the steel blue glasses and this is just as bad as the RB articles.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Not quite. It is one voice as opposed to a non-stop advertising campaign by ESPN for Bush.
It's hyping players who haven't really done much.
Old 10-12-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
"Ooooo.... look at how he cut that back, and made that guy missed, even though he still got hit for a 3 yard loss"

is not the same thing as

"I believe I would have taken him with the #1 overall. The kids got amazing size & speed"

big difference.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
"Ooooo.... look at how he cut that back, and made that guy missed, even though he still got hit for a 3 yard loss"

is not the same thing as

"I believe I would have taken him with the #1 overall. The kids got amazing size & speed"

big difference.
You mean its like apples and oranges? Like comparing a RB to a DE?
Old 10-12-2006   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 353149 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What is hype about it?--it is one HC (who happens to be the next opponent) saying what he would have done. He doesn't play up anything Mario has done so far--just reiterates a pre-draft opinion.
Old 10-12-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What is hype about it?--it is one HC (who happens to be the next opponent) saying what he would have done. He doesn't play up anything Mario has done so far--just reiterates a pre-draft opinion.
Read my third post...
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
You mean its like apples and oranges? Like comparing a RB to a DE?
No, I mean any reference to Steel Blue glasses & Parcells remarks about Mario is ridiculous Reggie man love.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 353149 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Read my third post...
So what's your point? They shouldn't be compared but you decided to inject the comparison anyway? Why did you need to inject RB into this thread at all?
Old 10-12-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
So what's your point? They shouldn't be compared but you decided to inject the comparison anyway? Why did you need to inject RB into this thread at all?
That's what the article is about. RB isn't mentioned, but implied.
Old 10-12-2006   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
No there is no mention or implication--you just decided to stick in RB needlessly. Here is everything stated:

Quote:
Parcells high on DE
Before training camp, Dallas owner Jerry Jones said the Cowboys had defensive end Mario Williams rated at the top of their draft board. Coach Bill Parcells said the Cowboys would have drafted Williams if they had the top pick.

Parcells reiterated his feelings Wednesday.

"I think I would have, yes," Parcells said about taking Williams with the first pick. "I think quite honestly, you know, I'm a defensive coach at heart. You have to understand that.

"He has rare size and speed, and I think he's going to wind up being a very good player."
I guess it is an implied comparison to VY also?--not.
Old 10-12-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
No there is no mention or implication--you just decided to stick in RB needlessly. Here is everything stated:

I guess it is an implied comparison to VY also?--not.
It's about passing Bush and Young for Mario. It even mentions the draft...
Old 10-12-2006   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
It even mentions the draft...
Oh my god--a question about a draft pick involved the draft. It must have implicitly required invoking other draft possibilities not mentioned and a lame attempt to claim it was hype on par with what any unnamed draft picks might have received. Whatever.
Old 10-13-2006   #14
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
NO its not!!!!! show me where RB is mentioned
Old 10-13-2006   #15
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
It's about passing Bush and Young for Mario. It even mentions the draft...
wow that is really reaching. so who did you want instead of mario? you obvbiously have some issues shading YOUR glasses.
Old 10-13-2006   #16
real

Quote:
Take off the steel blue glasses and this is just as bad as the RB articles.
I don't get what the argument is....Mexican T. are you saying that Parcells is doing the same thing for Mario that the media is doing for RB ???

If so....

That doesn't make a lick of sense....

What would be his motives????
Old 10-13-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't get what the argument is....Mexican T. are you saying that Parcells is doing the same thing for Mario that the media is doing for RB ???

If so....

That doesn't make a lick of sense....

What would be his motives????
I don't get it either...I think I posted in the wrong thread last night.
Old 10-13-2006   #18
real

Quote:
I don't get it either...I think I posted in the wrong thread last night.

Old 10-13-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
It seems all my troubles last night were in vain. My physics teacher quit.
Old 10-13-2006   #20
sleepwalker
Veteran

I think this is a good post!!!

Parecell is one of the elite coaches in this league and to have him support the move for Mario is very encouraging.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read