Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Offense

BlueThunder

Waterboy
Is it just me ,to early or is our offense just flat.Its early and the offense is new but it seams we are going pop warner and arn't utilizing the leanth of the field.We are scaling down the offense to quick reads with but have no second level underneath.Why must we dink and dunk are WRs when theres a whole different talent level unexplored.Why must we shorten the field rather then use TE FB HB in the passing game.I realize this team is lacking talent but didn't we do everything we could to give them the flexability to get a few weapons underneath?:cowboy1:

:logo: :trophy:

I had a coach call me a troll once..texanpride

Well, sorry...... but you sound like a troll. If this was '05, I could sit here and go over the offense, addressing some of the things you've mentioned.

however in '06, I have to question whether you've been watching our games.

In all three of our losses, our opponents have been dinking and dunking us to death. & We've been successfully stretching the field. Andre & Molds both have touchdowns of 20+ yards this year. & the Miami game saw David getting the WRs involved early..... Andre also has three 100 yard games.

This year, it has been our un-commitment to the run that is at the root of our offensive woes.....

Is it just me ,to early or is our offense just flat.Its early and the offense is new but it seams we are going pop warner and arn't utilizing the leanth of the field.We are scaling down the offense to quick reads with but have no second level underneath.Why must we dink and dunk are WRs when theres a whole different talent level unexplored.Why must we shorten the field rather then use TE FB HB in the passing game.I realize this team is lacking talent but didn't we do everything we could to give them the flexability to get a few weapons underneath?:cowboy1:

I think a lot of that has to do with the skill of our o-line...Sacks are down because we are getting rid of the ball quicker...It's risky to call a play action pass with a 5 step drop to spread the field when your qb has been sacked over 200 times.

Since you think this of the offense, tell me what you think of the defense. lmao!

We have 12 passes over 20 yards and 2 over 40. In '05 we had 18/2 total. And are averaging 2 more yards an attempt compared to last year. And the TE's/FB's have 17 catches. Without having the stats in front of me I would guess that this is close to their total from last season.

So I have no idea where you're coming from with this post. This offense is on pace to better it's '04 production (best in franchise history) in it's first year of this system. Think of the possibilities in 2008...

Maybe you should complain about the rotten D or poor running game instead , the passing offense looks pretty sharp to me ..... 72+% completion and our QB leading the NFL in passer rating and AJ is 5th in receptions and 4the NFL in recieving yards while playing one game less than the guy's above him in each category .... not to mention the stats thunderkyss mentioned above .

I haven't been able to see but one game this year because there is no veiwing interest..I'm just going by stats and feel we should get are RBs more involved in the passing game..I guess you guys have been deprived a real offense to long

Looking at stats and coming to conclusions probably isn't the best way to critique a team. Just a piece of advice.

I'm going to have plenty of film after this week.If the Texans can run a no huddle,this would be a good week to use it..Dallas is still working on coverages and they rely heavly on substitutions.

Dallas Sucks.

Will Kubiak 'coach to win' or will he 'coach not to lose?' Will we try to score based upon Dallas's scoring or will we set our own agenda? If we get leads, will we sit on them and 'milk' the clock?'

After 2 weeks off, today's game should be a 'telling' reflection on where the team is headed and how Gary thinks we are going to get there.............:cowboy1:

Will Kubiak 'coach to win' or will he 'coach not to lose?' Will we try to score based upon Dallas's scoring or will we set our own agenda? If we get leads, will we sit on them and 'milk' the clock?'

After 2 weeks off, today's game should be a 'telling' reflection on where the team is headed and how Gary thinks we are going to get there.............:cowboy1:

Against Miami, I'm sure that had more to do with how our offense was performing, than about coaching philosophy.

If we win this game, decisions like that will be the reason why.

If we are clicking, and Dallas has no answer for our O, then expect us to run the score up, and pad our stats. If Our O looks to be better equipped for Dallas than our D, then expect us to push it on offense.

If our O ain't getting it done, and our D is doing their thing, expect us to squat on any lead/tie, or opportunity to burn the clock.

"run the score up"

Well, in our fifth year, guess there is a first time for everything!!

However, we're playing the 'you don't score, we won't score' game, which means half time adjustments could be the key to winning!!

Back