Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2006   #1
staind755
Rookie

Default Faggins

I read Faggins was 100% healthy and practicing. I'd assume he would get some P.T this Sunday.. I wonder if even a start. Does anyone know anything?
staind755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #2
whiskeyrbl

Default Re: is Faggins playing vs. Cowboys?

If he does will he be an improvement? Being on the shelf this long there will definitely be rust and Glenn and T.O. will exploit that given a chance. I hope he is ready,because we definitely need the help. Any word yet on Mathis?
Old 10-12-2006   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Faggins

So I assume he's a go this weekend with Kubiak's comments:

Quote:
(on new injuries or updates) “No, everybody’s back out here. (C Mike) Flanagan is full speed today; (CB) Petey (Faggins) was full speed today, so we’re 100% ready to go. (T) Ephraim (Salaam) was back working today, so we should be fine the rest of this week.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #4
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

Default Re: Faggins

That's what i was wondering as well
Old 10-12-2006   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
So I assume he's a go this weekend with Kubiak's comments:

I saw that as well. This is what he said the other day.

(on LB Kailee Wong and WR Jerome Mathis) “They’re still out. I expect Kailee to be back against Jacksonville. Everything says we expect him to be back. CB Petey (Demarcus Faggins) is shooting for that game, we’ll have to wait and see. But he’s definitely running well and ran well during the by weekend and we’ll wait and see. And I think Mathis is a few weeks back behind these guys.”

Old 10-12-2006   #6
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I saw that as well. This is what he said the other day.

(on LB Kailee Wong and WR Jerome Mathis) “They’re still out. I expect Kailee to be back against Jacksonville. Everything says we expect him to be back. CB Petey (Demarcus Faggins) is shooting for that game, we’ll have to wait and see. But he’s definitely running well and ran well during the by weekend and we’ll wait and see. And I think Mathis is a few weeks back behind these guys.”

TEXAN84's link is 3 days newer so it looks like Faggins will be back for Dallas.
Old 10-12-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news all around.
Old 10-12-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

He was no improvement at any time when he has been healthy before, what could possibly lead anyone to believe he will be productive or even better than Lewis Sanders? Faggins is one of our most overrated players and would not start for any other NFL team.
Old 10-13-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
He was no improvement at any time when he has been healthy before, what could possibly lead anyone to believe he will be productive or even better than Lewis Sanders? Faggins is one of our most overrated players and would not start for any other NFL team.
He is an adequate nickel back. I do not think we have anything in the secondary that could be labeled as adequate at the moment. I think your opinion is only based on your perception. I have not seen anyone over rating him as a shut down corner or even a serviceable starting corner.
Old 10-13-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
... what could possibly lead anyone to believe he will be productive or even better than Lewis Sanders? .
Maybe because he was always ahead of Sanders on the depth chart (the pecking order determined by coaches - not message board posters) when he was healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I think your opinion is only based on your perception
And yours is based on....?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
And yours is based on....?
My perception is based on the member commenting about him being overrated as a starting corner. Please correct me if I am wrong if we should be judging him as a starting corner and not a nickel back.
Old 10-13-2006   #12
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

faggins is a good tackler, alot of heart and a decent nickel, I'm more interested if buchannon is gonna play or just return punts again.
Old 10-13-2006   #13
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

nice to read flanagans back
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #14
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

No doubt that having Faggins back will be an improvement for the secondary. His coverage ability is far better than what we get from McCleon, and we'll need all the help we can get this Sunday. I'd like to see Faggins & Buchanon get more time than McCleon when the Cowboys go with 3 or 4 wideouts.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
No doubt that having Faggins back will be an improvement for the secondary. His coverage ability is far better than what we get from McCleon, and we'll need all the help we can get this Sunday. I'd like to see Faggins & Buchanon get more time than McCleon when the Cowboys go with 3 or 4 wideouts.
He's coming back next week, as said by Kubiak.

Quote:
(on CB Demarcus Faggins’ status) “He’s doing really, really well. I would say I’d be disappointed if he doesn’t play next week. Right now I would say he would definitely be ready to go next week.”
Old 10-13-2006   #16
Farmer Bernie
Rookie

He is listed at OUT in the injury report.
Old 10-13-2006   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Today's chronicle restated the fact that the Texans are looking for him to start against the Jags.
Old 10-13-2006   #18
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans | Faggins to return Week 7
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:38:21 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans CB Demarcus Faggins (foot) is expected to return for the team's Week 7 game, according to head coach Gary Kubiak.

KFFL says he will be out a couple more games.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Confirming the confirmation of the confirmation of the confirmation...and reporting what the reporter said about what the other reporter said, Petey will be back soon.

Week 7 is next week btw (Jax).
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #20
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

whats the word on kailee wong?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read