Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2006   #1
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default From today's Dallas Newspaper

From todays newspaper:

10/12/06
AP Newswire

By George Starlicker

(Dallas) Well the time has come for the rematch of two Texas teams. This Sunday matches up the 2-2 Dallas Cowboys vs the 1-3 Houston Texans. Houston first shocked the football world in their inaugural game when they defeated the Dallas Cowboys 19-10. Will history repeat itself?

Coming home after a tough loss to Philadelphia, the Cowboys better not take the Texans lightly. If the Cowboys once again lose to the Texans, hell can temporarily break loose.

Drew Bledsoe had some words.

"I think we best be scared. I know I pooped my pants yesterday. It was horrible. I got it all over my couch and my daughter." But besides uncontrollable bowels, Bledsoe has more on his plate. "I am scared to death of Mario Williams. I know that he will get to me and break my hips. I have been practicing taking sacks in hopes that I learn how to fall correctly." Mario Williams will be looking for blood come Sunday as the Texans will indeed look to blitz.

Terrell Owens has also been vocal about Sunday's game. "I wish I had not taken all my pain pills, because now I have none to use after Houston knocks the crap out of me. We have been working on some plays that involve Drew just throwing the ball straight up in the air and hoping that someone catches it. He is learning to throw from his back. I think I can help in this situation. I......"(T.O. has collapsed)

Help he better. Because if Dallas can't stay on offense, they must then deal with David Carr who has improved under new head coach Gary Kubiak.

Bill Parcels had the following to say.

"We are worried about David Carr. Lately he has been getting the ball to his receivers. We messed up earlier this week by watching tape of him from the previous season when a completed pass was like seeing a shooting star. We finally saw recent tapes this morning and now it's too late. I dont know what to do. I have been trying to find a good bra for myself to keep my mind off him. Victoria Secret has done wonders. But as far as Houston goes, I think we may be in for trouble."

If Dallas is in for trouble, Houston can be on its way to success. Coming off a victory against Miami and having an extra week of rest and preparation, the Governers Cup may be safe in the Texans hands.

Bledsoe said it best with his last comment.

"I am prepared: The hospital already has my room ready. The city is prepared: The newspapers already have excuses ready to print. All we have to do is go out there. I just don't know why we aren't starting Romo."

The Cowboys deal with Houston this Sunday at 12 noon.

rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #2
underdog65
Veteran

Default Re: From today's Dallas Newspaper

Sarcasm is so funny sometimes.
Old 10-12-2006   #3
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog65 View Post
Sarcasm is so funny sometimes.

The key word in that sense is sometimes.
Old 10-12-2006   #4
Sco-tai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
From todays newspaper:

10/12/06
AP Newswire

By George Starlicker

Ummmmm. Don't quit your day job.

Old 10-12-2006   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco-tai View Post
Ummmmm. Don't quit your day job.

Zing!
Old 10-12-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Please provide a link if this was actually printed in a newspaper. We don't want to get in trouble with copywright laws.

As far as the sarcasm goes...'eh.
Old 10-12-2006   #7
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I was halfway through this article when it came apparent what this was...then I had to smile.

Thanks for the laugh.
Old 10-12-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Trouble is, what have we been saying in our Beat Dallas threads? We need a monster pass rush from Mario up the middle and we need Carr to perform big in the passing game.

The jokes are our last vestiges of hope.
Old 10-12-2006   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta admit I was sucked in until I read Bledsoe's "quote". Successfully drawing one in is an indirect goal of sarcasm. Good job.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #10
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I write articles for a living (I own a music magazine). I woke up this morning and started playing around with a mock article. Just trying to have fun...I know I dont deserve any comedy awards! haha
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #11
texaslifter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Please provide a link if this was actually printed in a newspaper. We don't want to get in trouble with copywright laws.

As far as the sarcasm goes...'eh.
It's a damn message board. You will never get in trouble with copyright laws.
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #12
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Good effort!

Since this is an article about the Cowboys, the headline must include at least one (preferably more) of the following words: T.O., Terrell, Owens. Given your Owens quote - "wish I had not taken all my pain pills" - might I suggest "T.O. sorry for overdose"?
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslifter View Post
It's the damn rules of the board. Take it up with Vinny if you have a problem with it.
Old 10-12-2006   #14
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslifter View Post

Quote:
*Unauthorized copyrighted material

Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so.

http://www.houstontexans.com/communi...ssage%20Boards
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #15
sleepwalker
Veteran

LOL I love Bledsoes comments regarding Mario!!! The guy definitely has a sense of humor.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read