Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-12-2006   #1
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Default Garrett Wolfe

Would You Draft Garrett Wolfe?

Why or Why Not?

And If You Would, In Which Round?
Old 10-12-2006   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Garrett Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston View Post
Would You Draft Garrett Wolfe?

Why or Why Not?

And If You Would, In Which Round?
I'd draft him yes, but not above the fourth round right now. He is extremely undersized and has only had one good year.
Old 10-12-2006   #3
HeartofHouston
Veteran

256 carries 1656 yrds 6.5 ypc 84 Long 18 TDs

242 carries 1580 yrds 6.5 ypc 76 Long 16 TDs

2006 (so far)
156 carries 1343 yrds 8.6 ypc 75 Long 13 TDs

----

If you wanna call that "1" good year then by all means go ahead but that looks like 3 to me and no history of injuries.
Old 10-12-2006   #4
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I'd draft him yes, but not above the fourth round right now. He is extremely undersized and has only had one good year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=138215

He was not bad in the years past. I know he is not playing against the best D's week in week out, but he has done real good this year, and not bad other years.

I would want to draft him, but I don't know in what round.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

He did pretty good against Ohio State's defense, and he was their main target.

[Wolfe] totaled 171 yards on the ground and had five catches for 114 yards.

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sp...090206aaf.html

Yeah, I'd take him, first chance the Texans get. He has great speed and lateral movement, something the Texans sorely lack. However, based on highlights from the OSU game, he looks to enjoy picking his holes. I'm not sure if that will work in the Texans system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_N4jeoGz2M
Old 10-12-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's undersized and isn't built for the NFL.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Garrett Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he's undersized and isn't built for the NFL.
I think he's P-I-M-P, but I think he'd be another DD
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2006   #8
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

5-7 and 177 pounds.

Barry Sanders: 5-6, 206 pounds

There's a difference, but not enough to make me think he won't be able to contribute. At the very least, the way this guy can explode off the ball, he could tear up the place as a returner.
Old 10-12-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I think he's P-I-M-P, but I think he'd be another DD

Is he injury-prone?
Old 10-12-2006   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe in the 3rd.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Garrett Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
Is he injury-prone?
Was DD in college? What I meant was that he'll take a beating in the NFL, not sure how durable he will be.

I would take him over Peterson right now, but I have mixed feelings about the NFL.

I'm a Buckeye, I was ticked how many yards we gave up, until I watched him in subsequent games and realized we DID restrict him.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #12
texaslifter
Veteran

I like him, and definately would draft him. He's a producer, and unlike the rest of his team, a winner. But no way would I take him earlier than the 3rd.
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #13
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Was DD in college? What I meant was that he'll take a beating in the NFL, not sure how durable he will be.

I would take him over Peterson right now, but I have mixed feelings about the NFL.

I'm a Buckeye, I was ticked how many yards we gave up, until I watched him in subsequent games and realized we DID restrict him.
He is tearing up the MAC, and will probably continue to do so. But it is obvious to me that the talent is there. He reminds of Reggie Bush, but is smaller.

How long before we start comparing Peterson and Wolfe?
Old 10-12-2006   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
5-7 and 177 pounds.

Barry Sanders: 5-6, 206 pounds

There's a difference, but not enough to make me think he won't be able to contribute. At the very least, the way this guy can explode off the ball, he could tear up the place as a returner.
seems like every year some small back gets the "what about barry sanders?" question, and they always disappear.

besides, sanders was a tank. wolfe is a scrawny little thing.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
seems like every year some small back gets the "what about barry sanders?" question, and they always disappear.

besides, sanders was a tank. wolfe is a scrawny little thing.
Yep. 177 is no where near 206.
Old 10-15-2006   #16
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

"he's tearing up the mac"

yeah...um...did you guys see him play the #1 team in the country, Ohio State? He ran for like 170 yards on them...He has pro potential..probably as a Kick/punt returner and scatback/#3 WR..obviously 170 is about 40-50 pounds too small to be a 15-20 carries a game RB in the pros.
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Wolfe just had 25 yards against Western Mich. Did anybody see what happened?
Old 10-19-2006   #18
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Looks like he has Reggie Bush syndrom, every run in the high-light clip against OSU was to the outside.
Old 10-19-2006   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your kidding right?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Your kidding right?
I think he means in regards to college production. And seeing as AP is missing his collar bone, i would take wolfe too :bananasplit:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read