Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: If Carr has the game of his life and beats the Brokeback boys, what will you say?
I am satisfied for the rest of the season. See me in the offseason. 37 48.68%
My hate for Carr is worse than the hate for the Cowboys and he needs to be replaced. 3 3.95%
My man love runs deeper. Am I supposed to feel this way? 16 21.05%
Other-post at bottom 20 26.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2006   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr's chance for salvation.

Not to make this a Carr thread, but with as much hate most Texans fans have for the 'girls, I have a question for the Carr Haters, the ones with their vote still out, and any others.

If Carr wakes up on game day and turns into Manning, Young(Steve not Vince...), Montana, or whomever and has the game of his life to pull out a W, at that point, and not waiting for the rest of the season to play out, what will you say?

1. I doubted Carr, but I am all cured for the rest of the season.
2. My hate for Carr runs so deep not even beating the Brokeback Cowboys will make break my opinion.
3. My man love now runs deeper. Am I supposed to feel this way?
4. Other-post at bottom

Lets have a little fun with this. Things might be tense until Sunday.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr's chance for salvation.

if someone picks 3 i will be terrified to come back to this message board

anyways.

i'm satisfied with carr, and i will be for the rest of the season, hes got great skills, and im sure kubiak will make him a consistant player. as of now i really like what i see, but we'll see at the end of the season, but im sure that carr will have a great career as a texan, and will retire as a texan
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #3
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy with Carr right now. If they beat the Cowboys it's only icing on the cake. I honestly believe that this team is on the way up and will see the conference finals before the girls will. I know we have parity in this day and age but I think once everything settles down, and Kubes has something to work with, the Texans will suprise the ***** out of a lot of people.
Old 10-11-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Weird choices, I don't want to choose any of them...

Maybe a "I'm satisfied with Carr at the moment, and think he has great potential, lets see what he does in the rest of the season"
Old 10-12-2006   #5
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Weird choices, I don't want to choose any of them...

Maybe a "I'm satisfied with Carr at the moment, and think he has great potential, lets see what he does in the rest of the season"

Yea, maybe I was a little too creative and had too much fun making them.

I didnt mean for anyone to take them literally. If you choose the third one doesnt actually mean you are part of the rainbow coalition. Thats why I put "other" up there and just post at the bottom. Have fun.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #6
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I am extemely worried about the LT position. Some have similar feelings about the RT position. I'm more worried right now about having a healthy QB after the game. They are very physical and get away with a lot.

I hope the back, be it RB or FB, knows how to pick up the blitz in this game otherwise they will make mince meat of Carr. I certainly hope Kubiak proves me wrong, but I have an extemely bad feeling about this game. He keeps talking about suiting up only 7 O-linemen for this game. Ahhh, we aren't that strong coach and we have a lot of injuries in the O-line. Aren't at least two of them coming off of injuries? To me that sounds like asking Carr to take hemlock.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #7
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
if someone picks 3 i will be terrified to come back to this message board

anyways.

i'm satisfied with carr, and i will be for the rest of the season, hes got great skills, and im sure kubiak will make him a consistant player. as of now i really like what i see, but we'll see at the end of the season, but im sure that carr will have a great career as a texan, and will retire as a texan
Where's Vinny? Just joking.....
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2006   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Actually this is a game we should start Sage. I know it sounds crazy, but it would change the nature of the game defensively. They are basing their defense on the tendencies of Carr so give them a different look to start with. We have to do something to upset Parcell's game plan.
Old 10-12-2006   #9
K.D.
Veteran

I really like what i'm seeing from carr this year and i really think if he can be consistent the whole year, we'll be seeing him and AJ rep the TEXANS in the pro bowl. Regardless of this Cowboys game, I'm sticking with my boy. I know if we do lose this game, all the Carr haters are really going to get their kicks on saying it was his fault regardless, so i'm just preparing myself to hear the negative bull#### from these individuals.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #10
texflex513
All Pro

Carr is my favorite player next to DD if he has the game of his life against the cowturds it wont be a surprise to me because i always thought when he gets a legit shot he would shine.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #11
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

I wanted to take the man-love for DC a lot further but decided I'd just be happy with beating the local Cryboys and making The Human Headline, T.O more frustrated for 1 extra week just to see Jerry realise that he shouldn't have taken a punt on T.O. with a declining QB like Bledsoe...
Old 10-12-2006   #12
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

I don't like your poll. Why do I have to have "man-love" if the other alternatives don't fit my opinion?

Are you saying that a man would have to be gay to like the play of David Carr so far this season?
Old 10-12-2006   #13
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
Actually this is a game we should start Sage. I know it sounds crazy, but it would change the nature of the game defensively. They are basing their defense on the tendencies of Carr so give them a different look to start with. We have to do something to upset Parcell's game plan.
?????
Old 10-12-2006   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

"Carry that through the rest of the season Carr."
Old 10-12-2006   #15
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

At the end of the day it's another W, and I would just want him and the team to keep building on it and getting better.

*I'd still rub it in the face of other Cowboys' fans though.
Old 10-12-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'd say I told you so....... I always knew he could do it.

Honestly, I'd say I'm pleased with his progress, hope he keeps it up.

Now, if he does something like that scramble at the end of the Eagles game, but it actually works, in a come from behind Victory..... I'll say I want to have his baby.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #17
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You know, might not be a bad plan, but it would only work for a short while. And it definitely wouldn't be fair to Carr after the year he has had so far. Might shake them up in the middle for awhile somewhere, maybe just enough to throw them off balance.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am extemely worried about the LT position.
My sentiments exactly. And nobody has had more uncertainty, really less talented and/or inexperienced players protecting his blindside than Carr has.
I rate this as the 2nd toughest challenge Carr's LT will have this year (the first being against Freeney at his home in the Indy Dome).
I hope Kubiack is not making a mistake keeping Chester at guard instead of moving him back to LT where he's started for us 2 whole seasons and part of a third. Continuity and all that good stuff is important for a teams interior line, but I don't think as important as protecting the QB from a real beating.
Salaam may be experienced, but talent wise he's gonna be way in over his head against DW. I just like our chances better (and more importantly Carr's
chances) with the younger Pitts at LT.
If we get behind early (which I expect) it could be brutal, and I honestly would have no problem with Carr faining injury. He's more than paid his dues
with all the beatings over the years because of inferior OL protection.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will begin to slightly like him.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man love will run deeper.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read