Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2006   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21295 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking We have the SAME RECORD as the...STEELERS! [:-o>

I was just watching ESPN and they flashed their record on the screen and it hit me all at once...

WE HAVE THE SAME RECORD AS THE STEELERS!

With losses to Jacksonville (0-9), Cincinnati (20-28) and San Diego (13-23)...wow!

I realize fully that it's ONLY a record...I just thought it was sort of funny.

And we both beat the Dolphins.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We have the SAME RECORD as the...STEELERS! [:-o>

Interestingly enough, I wouldn't hesitate to do the following equation:
Philadelphia + Washington + Indianapolis > Jacksonville + Cincinnati + San Diego
(although its close)

That beind said, I think the Texans are worse than the Steelers.
Old 10-10-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, Eagles>Jags, Bengals, and SD
Colts>Jags, Bengals
Redskins>Jags, Bengals
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I would take the Bengals over the Skins anyday.
Old 10-10-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
I would take the Bengals over the Skins anyday.
I don't trust the Bengals' run defense.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 90531 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I don't trust the Bengals' run defense.
I don't trust our run defense. LOL!
Old 10-11-2006   #7
texflex513
All Pro

I think the steelers will eventually turn it around and sneak into the playoffs. Since we are both 1-3 whatever the steelers record is at the end of the season i hope we can almost match it. Assuming porter, polamolu, roethslisberger and ward dont get hurt lol.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2006   #8
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

They should have waited until after the bye to bring back the Roeth man.
Old 10-11-2006   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea Ben is not right. Whether it's his recent surgery or perhaps even a problem from his surgeries he's just not playing very well.

Did he miss training camp?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #10
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Big Ben is done, Caput! Hope he has fun joy riding........... screw that he can ride his cycle w/O a helmet now and I would not care. It's legal in steel city.
He has been very overrated. Just because you are the QB of a superbowl winner doesnt make you great. He is not accurate when passing.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 90531 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatikid View Post
He has been very overrated. Just because you are the QB of a superbowl winner doesnt make you great. He is not accurate when passing.
I agree with you. He's had a complete team around him to fuel his success. Unlike other QBs, Ben stepped right in a team that was stacked in almost every position. I guess that proves to some that QB doesn't have to be the most highly skilled position on the team. I will say this about Ben, he appears to be a good leader and I think that means a lot to a team.
Old 10-11-2006   #12
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I agree with you. He's had a complete team around him to fuel his success. Unlike other QBs, Ben stepped right in a team that was stacked in almost every position. I guess that proves to some that QB doesn't have to be the most highly skilled position on the team. I will say this about Ben, he appears to be a good leader and I think that means a lot to a team.
Last year Ben made a lot of plays out of the pocket...He avoided a lot of sacks and made good decisions on the run...

This year he looks a little confused when he has to roll out or make throws on the run....

IMO, that is the biggest difference in the way he has played...
Old 10-11-2006   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatikid View Post
Agreed.
Old 10-11-2006   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll give him a break for his poor play so far. He survived a horrific accident, had to recover from that (and perhaps has not yet) and then turned around and had to have emergency surgery. He played that one game with a high temperature and was obviously put out there too soon.

He's just not right YET.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our upcoming schedule looks easier than theirs.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read