Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2006   #1
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default Avatar Bet-- Houston vs. Dallas

About 2 years ago, I asked many of you fine gentlemen and ladies for a game of Avatar Bets for the Texans @ Cowboys pre-season game of 2005. Like I expected, most declined, proclaiming come back when we play for real.

Well, the pivotal week is upon us-- Texans @ Cowboys, Round 2. Many of you state the Texan's will beat the Cowboys through pure emotion and mental toughness, others believe the key to victory is putting the rush on Bledsoe. Who's ready for a little Texas gamble to spice up the already coveted game? Now's the time to put the money where your mouths at.

The rules for an avatar bet are quite simple. If you so choose to join in, your Texan avatar is put on the stake, along with mine as well. If the Texans lose, you're required to wear the Star of the Cowboys for one week, if the Cowboys lose, I'll handicap (considering an Arena Football team could beat the Texans), I'll wear the Texan avatar for 6 months (one year if I get 20 takers).

And please, for the sake of this thread, don't give some excuse like "I could never wear the Cowboy Star" as it's obvious to read into what's the true meaning behind that.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions

Last edited by HowBoutThemCowboys!; 10-10-2006 at 06:18 PM.
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #2
Dcowboys#1
Rookie

Default Re: Avatar Bet-- Houston vs. Dallas

Hey man, whats your username on C-F?

THE DALLAS COWBOYS
Dcowboys#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post
(considering an Arena Football team could beat the Texans),

Gimme some odds.......
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #4
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

DC, I'm Tunatexasstyle from over there.

Thunderkyss, you don't think 6-months compared to one week is enough? I'd say the Cowboys beat Texans 1/2 odds, Texans beat Cowboys in 6/1. (Don't know if I got it the other way around.)

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #5
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm in. I got faith in my team. Count on that I'll follow through with the bet.

GO TEXANS!!!!
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #6
ojthecat
Veteran

I will take your bet sir.

19-10 forever!!!!
Old 10-10-2006   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Im in, Texans by 3
Old 10-10-2006   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I will do it
Old 10-10-2006   #9
Dcowboys#1
Rookie

Quote:
DC, I'm Tunatexasstyle from over there.

Thunderkyss, you don't think 6-months compared to one week is enough? I'd say the Cowboys beat Texans 1/2 odds, Texans beat Cowboys in 6/1. (Don't know if I got it the other way around.)

oh cool.........

THE DALLAS COWBOYS
Dcowboys#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in, but I'll want to pick the avatar. It's simple to just have the star or Texans logo, but a pic like the one I have now is better.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #11
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Beam me up Scotty ... Imma in too.
Old 10-10-2006   #12
Osso
Veteran

you are on
Osso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #13
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

Quote:
About 2 years ago, I asked many of you fine gentlemen and ladies for a game of Avatar Bets for the Texans @ Cowboys pre-season game of 2005. Like I expected, most declined, proclaiming come back when we play for real.

Well, the pivotal week is upon us-- Texans @ Cowboys, Round 2. Many of you state the Texan's will beat the Cowboys through pure emotion and mental toughness, others believe the key to victory is putting the rush on Bledsoe. Who's ready for a little Texas gamble to spice up the already coveted game? Now's the time to put the money where your mouths at.

The rules for an avatar bet are quite simple. If you so choose to join in, your Texan avatar is put on the stake, along with mine as well. If the Texans lose, you're required to wear the Star of the Cowboys for one week, if the Cowboys lose, I'll handicap (considering an Arena Football team could beat the Texans), I'll wear the Texan avatar for 6 months (one year if I get 20 takers).

And please, for the sake of this thread, don't give some excuse like "I could never wear the Cowboy Star" as it's obvious to read into what's the true meaning behind that.
I will accept your bet...no line no odds...just straight up. I am no homer by any stretch of the imagination, but I love this team and a challenge is a challenge. I never backed down from anything and I don't intend to start now. You are on sir!
Old 10-10-2006   #14
wicked_wayz
all blacks

im in........lets go texans woooooo hooooooo
Old 10-10-2006   #15
wicked_wayz
all blacks

hey by the way call me crazy, the texans need something real special to beat the cowboyz but im a believer, so why don't we extend the 1 week to 1 month....what u say about that??????
Old 10-10-2006   #16
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

nm....
Im not that dumb...This team hasn't received my trust...yet.

The Longhorns on the other hand... ;-)
Old 10-11-2006   #17
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm in.

Just to make it a little more interesting, If the Texans win and they get a sack on the QB, then you would have to have that picture as your Avatar.

And if Dallas wins, and sacks our quarterback, then I would put that picture as my Avatar.

Old 10-11-2006   #18
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm in.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #19
Dubya
All Pro

I'm in.

I say we get a repeat of 2002. Texans 19, Cowboys 10.
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #20
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Count me in.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read