Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-09-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I can't stand Michael Irvin

Not just because he's an ex-Cowboy either. I'm watching the post game show after Monday Night Football and he's an absolutely *****. There's a lot of dumb sportscasters, but Irvin makes Billy Packer look like he knows what he's talking about. I wonder what would happen if Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin were on the same show...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I can't stand Michael Irvin

He got called out by one of the other guys.

"You could talk all day and you still wouldn't make sense"

Anything is better than Shannon Sharpe.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #3
real

I like Michael Irvin...I don't always agree with him but I think he is entertaining...
Old 10-10-2006   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I like Michael Irvin...I don't always agree with him but I think he is entertaining...
Oh My God! Please . . . PLEASE . . tell me you forgot where the sarcasm smilie is.

And yeah, I thought anything was better than Shannon Sharpe, but listening to Michael Irvin for about 10 seconds, made me channel to the Amityville Horror.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ep3yRPZpb0
Old 10-10-2006   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Powerful Dragon again.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #7
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Irvin does exactly what ESPN hired to him to do ....... a change of pace, more contemporary, more hip, appeal to younger fans type on the panel ...

Of course this does mean he'll occasionally say things that have you scratching your head, but that goes with the territory ...
Old 10-10-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd listen to Irvin all day long over Tony Kornholio, that guy has no clue. I think Theismann is getting sick of him already, seemed he was giving Tony some attitude during the game.
Old 10-10-2006   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Not just because he's an ex-Cowboy either. I'm watching the post game show after Monday Night Football and he's an absolutely *****. There's a lot of dumb sportscasters, but Irvin makes Billy Packer look like he knows what he's talking about. I wonder what would happen if Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin were on the same show...
We would need subtitles! The Hall of Fame seems to agree with you on Irvin. The man's a jerk! As a black man who speaks in complete sentences I find the presence of both Michael Irvin AND Shannon Sharpe on my TV particularly odious. It's sad that an articulate former athlete like Spencer Tillman (WHO ACTUALLY HAS HIS DEGREE) is relegated to doing the NCAA pre/post game shows while these two guys who make Moses Malone sound like William F. Buckley are doing NFL shows. It's embarrasing & disgusting.

DH
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #10
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

He a (ex) coke-head and arrogant as heck. I can't stand him either.
Old 10-10-2006   #11
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

michael irvin is alright, the thing that pisses me off is that he doesnt care how good one team is, if theres alot of guys from the U on the one team he will always pick that team
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #12
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I can't stand Irvin behind the desk either. But anybody that tunes in to ESPN (or any other network for that matter) for anything other than watching a sporting event deserves the punishment they're receiving.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #13
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
LOL!
JDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
We would need subtitles! The Hall of Fame seems to agree with you on Irvin. The man's a jerk! As a black man who speaks in complete sentences I find the presence of both Michael Irvin AND Shannon Sharpe on my TV particularly odious. It's sad that an articulate former athlete like Spencer Tillman (WHO ACTUALLY HAS HIS DEGREE) is relegated to doing the NCAA pre/post game shows while these two guys who make Moses Malone sound like William F. Buckley are doing NFL shows. It's embarrasing & disgusting.

DH
I can't really relate to that, but I know there can be dozens upon dozens of other applicants ESPN can have that actually know what they're talking about. I know one of the Sharpe brothers is pretty good so I guess that's Sterling. Andre Ware isn't bad. He does ESPN college football games and he's not bad on the radio for the Texans. Those are the top two that come to mind and I would rather have them than Irvin.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I can't believe he's still employed with them. He's absolutly horrible! The remaining 3 on the show are ok. I wish they'd rag on him more often. Drugs kill brain cells! If he has any left, he has to thump his head every morning to wake them up.:brickwall
Old 10-10-2006   #16
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

It's because of announcers like Irvin and Sharpe that make me appreciate the remote control every weekend. As soon as I hear either's mouth spouting off, click...

Hey, if ESPN doesn't want me watching there show, keep him on. Doesn't bother me as long as I have my remote...
Old 10-10-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I was never an Irvin fan when he was playing (hey, he was a Cowboy...'nuff said).

As an entertainer on ESPN, I 'enjoy' his schtick. I don't put a lot of stock into his takes, but I don't put a lot of stock into any of their opinions. But his personality is amusing enough, and that's why they hired him.

But Irvin has been getting on my nerves lately about the TO thing (dude has a man-crush on him or something) and his constant Reggie Bush-a-thon. It gets old, and he needs to have some fresh takes.
Old 10-10-2006   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked him as a player and I still like him.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's more. Wait until the end of the clip. Enjoy:

Link: Deadspin

heh.
Old 10-10-2006   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i love irvin.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read