Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-09-2006   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default The race for the number 1 overall in 2007

Winless teams

Oakland
Tennessee
Detroit
Tampa Bay

1 win teams

Houston
Miami
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Green Bay
Arizona

Oakland has a huge edge over the rest of the NFL for 1st pick, IMHO...

But what is Pitt doing at only 1 win?
Old 10-09-2006   #2
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Default Re: The race for the number 1 overall in 2007

Raiders pretty much have it locked up.

Detroit will give them a run for their money.

Titans and Bucs are better than their records.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

detroit is better than the bucs and titans easily. they've been REAL close in several losses. the bucs and titans are starting rookie QB's and have bad lines and had tough schedules (especially the bucs, good lord).
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #4
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Would it be safe to say that 2 of these teams are in the hunt for a QB for the future? Oakland and Tampa Bay?
Old 10-09-2006   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
Would it be safe to say that 2 of these teams are in the hunt for a QB for the future? Oakland and Tampa Bay?
i dunno. al davis loves andrew walter, and he doesn't like to take QB's high in the draft. gruden LOVES gradkowski. so much that he was radiant talking about his performance following the loss yesterday, and gruden has never even smiled after a loss, i can assure you of that. if he keeps it up, i don't think they'll take a QB. right now, the bucs defense is being outplayed by their offense, so i think they gotta address that. or calvin johnson.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #6
DCSaints_fan
Rookie

Quote:
Well Oakland passed on Leinart and Cutler. Guess they believe Walter is their guy for the time being And Tampa Bay has Chris Simms and now it looks like Gradowski. So I would say no.

I was really suprised that Detroit also passed on Leinart and Cutler. Maybe they don't like to draft QBs. Or do they think Dan Orlovsky or Josh McCown are their QBs of the future?
DCSaints_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it hard to believe the Steelers are 1-3. Never thought that would happen.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2006   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Weren't the Steelers similar to that (not at the beginning), last year?

Also, what is Michael Huff doing in Oakland (soon to be Los Angeles)?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

He was drafted by them. If you mean how he's been playing...I saw him get a TFL and that's all I've seen.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #10
TreWardTxn
Veteran

I really feel for that guy, I hope being in Oak doesn't ruin the early part of his career, but at this point, I can't see how it won't, I doubt he's really learning anything. Oak will have the first pick (unquestionably), but since everyone knows they won't want a QB, I don't see them really benefiting from it in the way of getting a slew of picks in a trade. Please Al, don't take AP, let us have one Texas boy...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
detroit is better than the bucs and titans easily. they've been REAL close in several losses. the bucs and titans are starting rookie QB's and have bad lines and had tough schedules (especially the bucs, good lord).
The lions aren't better than the Titans or the Bucs. The Lions are horrible and find ways to lose. They remind me of the 2005 Texans, they were close in alot of games too.... unfortunately being stationed in MI. I get to watch the lions......

They played a seahawks team tough, but lost. They call out the bears and get their butts kicked. The offense clicks against the Rams, but the same defense that played the seahawks tough goes brain dead and gives up about 40 points. Yesterday was a complete team effort, it took the entire team to muster up that loss......they blew a 17-3 4th quarter lead to a not so very good Vikings team and gave up 23 fourth quarter points.....They are the 2005 Texans....they suck

After the way Kitna played yesterday, I'm sure any Lion fan with half a brain would love to have a rookie QB right now.....many fans that I know wanted Lienart. Oakland's and Detroit's decision to pass on Matt (or cutler for that matter) is 10x more questionable then Houston's decision to pass on Bush. Both of those teams actually had a weakness at that position. (at the time we didn't know the extent of our weakness, all though I still don't think a back is worth the #1 pick)
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oakland deserves the whole first round. They're in horrible shape.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #13
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My prediction is 5 wins this seasons for the Texans and they are right on pace. I predicted 1 win in the first six games coming either from the Redskins or Dolphins. From what we have seen thus far, the Texans beating the Cowboys or Jags will take a miracle and/or well improved play from what we have seen in the first 4 games.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if this team losses the remaining 12 games. Kubiak is calling plays very conservatively and our defense is just horrible.

Match that with the next 6 of 8 on the road, there could be a disaster brewing real soon.

The next big test will be the Titans and a must win game for the Texans.

What is interesting this year, they really need to beat the Titans twice this year and this Raiders or this team will probably sink to lower levels with even reduced fan support.

There can be a dismal year in 2006, but turning the corner must be in sight and beyond David Carr's QB rating.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Oakland has to be a tax write-off. Unless they find an NFL QB and offensive line between now and the end of the year, I see a 1-15 future (every team gets that one week).
Old 10-09-2006   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year as the season began to go south, then got worse and worse, and eventually it became apparent the whole season was a wasted effort, I was afraid we wouldn't get the #1 pick. This year, I'm already afraid we will
get it.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #16
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

not sure about Pitt - but they where 7 - 5 with 4 games left.........
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #17
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Winless teams

Oakland
Tennessee
Detroit
Tampa Bay

1 win teams

Houston
Miami
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Green Bay
Arizona

Oakland has a huge edge over the rest of the NFL for 1st pick, IMHO...

But what is Pitt doing at only 1 win?
i'd say oakland is on its way for the number 1 pick.....i don't think tamba and detroit lions are in the top 5......i think we'll have the 5th or 6th pick
Old 10-10-2006   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Oakland by far. I heard someone on talk radio say that Oakland won't/can't move into the right direction until Al Leaves & i believe that to be the case. Getting beat by Cleveland & San Fran in the same year? I could understand if this was 1980 - 1990, but we managed not to sink that low last year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #19
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Updated 10/16

Winless teams

Oakland

1 win teams

Houston
Miami
Tennessee
Cleveland
Green Bay
Arizona
Detroit
Tampa Bay
Old 10-16-2006   #20
real

I say we end up with a top 5 pick....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read