Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-09-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Matt Lienart got his first TD today........

.... make that two.

It's amazing what a difference changing just the QB makes. I mean there are 10 other guys on offense, and another 11 on defense, not to mention the subs on the sideline.

But they looked like a totally different team, no fumbles.

He got robbed of his first win by a shanked field goal.

I feel sorry for the kid though....... Chicago next week.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 10-09-2006 at 09:16 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Lienart got his first TD today........

i can't really say he got "robbed." he did throw a pick inside his own 20 that setup the game-tying field goal by the chiefs. a HORRIBLE throw. after ty law caught the ball, anquan boldin threw his arms up at leinart.

the good news, that was pretty much the only dumb thing he did. i've never seen a rookie QB show such pocket poise. and he threw several bombs downfield, as well. larry fitzgerald was hurt early in the game and he had to play without him for 3 quarters. he really looked like tom brady out there.

right now, there's no question that leinart is better than kurt warner right now.

and he'll get a stage on monday night football against the bears. oooh boy.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #3
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
...i've never seen a rookie QB show such pocket poise. and he threw several bombs downfield, as well
VY looked pretty poised as well....
Old 10-09-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
VY looked pretty poised as well....
no.
Old 10-09-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
no.
um, we are going to have to define what poise is, if you think Vince did'nt

but back to Matt, was that 50 yard TD a shocker or what, I thought he had the weekest arm of the rookie QBs??

Then 4 sacks, & still showing poise, unbelievable........ I'll have to watch the game to say he looked like Brady though........ hope nfl replay picks it up.

And isn't this the same OL that Warner showed absolutely no poise behind?? Or was there a new starter Yesterday??
Old 10-09-2006   #6
real

Quote:
no.
Did you even watch the game ?
Old 10-11-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

but back to Matt, was that 50 yard TD a shocker or what, I thought he had the weekest arm of the rookie QBs??

Nobody wants to talk about this pretty pass?? wow.
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2006   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I said after the draft that Leinart would have the best rookie season of the major QBs, simply for his receiving threats and playing in Green's offense. IMO he entered the league as the most "NFL mature" and will be a strong candidate for OROY ... oh wait, that's right, Reggie Bush won that the day he signed his contract.

I don't know if he had the "weakest" arm. I've never been that impressed with Vince's arm. It's early for comparisons but the "Tom Brady" one is probably pretty accurate.
Old 10-11-2006   #9
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Nobody wants to talk about this pretty pass?? wow.
Quote:
It's amazing what a difference changing just the QB makes. I mean there are 10 other guys on offense, and another 11 on defense, not to mention the subs on the sideline.

But they looked like a totally different team, no fumbles.

This is a "stealth" Carr Sucks thread .....
Old 10-11-2006   #10
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
I was sniffing that as well.
Old 10-11-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
damn you good......

I've been fishing, just ain't been catching.

But Warner was fumbling quite a bit as well.
Old 10-11-2006   #12
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
damn you good......

I've been fishing, just ain't been catching.

But Warner was fumbling quite a bit as well.
Well despair not for Carr will have a much tougher time this Sunday than in Sundays past so you, and your Carr-hating cohorts, will be able to renew the "Carr Sucks" mantra ....
Old 10-11-2006   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Well despair not for Carr will have a much tougher time this Sunday than in Sundays past so you, and your Carr-hating cohorts, will be able to renew the "Carr Sucks" mantra ....
Myua huhhahahahahaha
Old 10-11-2006   #14
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Quote:
Think so? I don't think the Cowgirls will be any more difficult than the Eagles.

Other than the aspect that we really need to establish a running game soon.
Old 10-11-2006   #15
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Think so? I don't think the Cowgirls will be any more difficult than the Eagles.

Well I'll be happy to be wrong but I think their DLine will be in his face all day long ....
Old 10-11-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post

I agree..... they'll get pressure, but David'll stay cool. I doubt they get more than two sacks. I'm hoping for none.
Old 10-16-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Lienart is looking great.... the whole team looks great. Edgerin James who came into this game avg'ing 3.1 ypc is having a good day. The defense, looks like Chcago's defense, pressuring Grossman into 2 INTs.......

oh yeah, Lienart has two TDs already.
Old 10-16-2006   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Edgerin James who came into this game avg'ing 3.1 ypc is having a good day.
Dude--EJ is averaging less than 2 ypc in the game. I know as a Texans fan that may look good...
Old 10-17-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Dude--EJ is averaging less than 2 ypc in the game. I know as a Texans fan that may look good...
His first 7 carries were for more than 5 yards a pop, and one -1 yard. I thought he was going to be able to keep that up.

I guess he sucks.
Old 10-17-2006   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

awful playcalling + bad offensive line = no holes for edge

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read