Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-08-2006   #1
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Cowboys vs. Eagles

Holy cow, Bledsoe is horrible if he's pressured.

Please be watching this, Richard Smith. Please blitz.
Old 10-08-2006   #2
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Cowboys vs. Eagles

I'm becoming more and more worried about Ware. I think it might be a good idea to have a TE dedicated to helping the T with him.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #3
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Is Greed View Post
I'm becoming more and more worried about Ware. I think it might be a good idea to have a TE dedicated to helping the T with him.
And leave your RT one-on-one with Ellis?

Okay.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

thank god for sunday ticket so i don't have to watch this.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #5
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
And leave your RT one-on-one with Ellis?

Okay.
Who are we even starting at LT? Bedell? Given the stability of our LT position, if forced to choose, I would rather take my chances one on one at RT than LT.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #6
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Kind of hoping for a Dallas win so we can trap them next week

It's good to see TO with no 1st half catches, though. I can't think of a more deserving guy.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am liking Jones at RB
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2006   #8
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Jones is one of the more underrated RBs in the NFL...if only the Cowboys had a young Drew Bledsoe.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Bledsoe blew it.

unless that is considered "garbage stats"
Old 10-08-2006   #10
bigcarlos
Veteran

:bananasplit:
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

For the sake of the Texans, don't like this outcome. The Cowboys won't be
fun, hospitable hosts next week in Irving.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

no they wont
Old 10-08-2006   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

It'd be cool to be in attendance for Romo's professional debut.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

agree with ya huge..
Old 10-08-2006   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm no longer as concerned about the Cowboys offense. I have watched Bledsoe play for years and it is exactly the same....

Drew Bledsoe + Pass Rush = Interception

Our defense is a "work in progress", to say the least.... but as long as we do to the Girls what we did to the Fins, we may be able to inflict some damage there.

As far as our offense goes.... I am only concerned with the O-line. Most people are. Should be an interesting game.
Old 10-08-2006   #16
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

When Testaverde was struggling, Parcells was able to design plays to keep Henson or was it Hutch from getting killed out there. (I have selective memory regarding bad QBs and coaches.) Maybe he can design something for Romo next week, although I think he is a better QB than the two mentioned.

I am having a difficult time dealing with how long Bledsoe held the ball that resulted in a needless sack only to come back and throw an interception even though he still had three opportunities to get the ball into the end-zone. This was a tough game between to great teams, but win or lose, the outcome should not have gone down like it did.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
As far as our offense goes.... I am only concerned with the O-line.
And you think that's just an incidental concern ? Got news for you pal,
without an effective OLine, nuthin works on offense.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #18
Boxscore
All Pro

What a great game. The last two games the Eagles have played, the defense has been outstanding in the second half.
Old 10-09-2006   #19
phan1
All Pro

Keep in mind that the Eagles actually have cornerbacks that can cover. Lito Sheppard is becoming a parrenial probowler, and Dawkins is great in coverage too. I know people have been giving DRob a hard time but he's not a liability in coverage like I think Lewis and Brown are. Particularly Brown, who's play has been really crappy lately. If there's a weak link in our defense, I would definitely call him out. Robinson and Earl aren't Sheppard and Dawkins, but I think they'll do OK. It would be a huge boost if we can get Faggins back in there and playing at the level he should be playing at. I hope Smith just calls a smart game.

The Eagles D is also great at timing the blitz, which is definitely due to some great coaching. When we blitz, we have to get there. That Dallas Oline is about as bad as the Dolphins, so we definitely should get pressure on Bledsoe.

On a side note, where the hell do these Eagles keep on getting Pro-Bowl cornerbacks?!? I remember they got rid of Troy Vincent and another guy, only to replace them with 2 other probowlers. Vincent has since dropped off the radar, so credit really goes to some great coaching and a great system. It's like the denver running game. Stick in any RB and he'll get 1000 yrds. Stick in any CB in that Eagles Pressure D and you'll get a bunch of picks.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006   #20
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Did anyone notice the real T.O. coming out in the fourth quarter? The more he spouts off on the sideline, the quicker the Cowboys will start to unravel.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read