Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-13-2004   #1
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy
Default No more "Neon" on CBS Pregame

Isnt coming back because of a money dispute, I really liked him on the pregame because he added some life to it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1800958

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

He was horrible. He had no insight. Just a loudmouth vet.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
The show has the potential to be very boring now without the loudmouth though. Will just have to wait I guess.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 05-13-2004   #4
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

i wish ESPN would do the same with irvin.
dirty steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve
i wish ESPN would do the same with irvin.
I still dont understand what he was talking about when Roy Williams got drafted. Something about how he didnt have heart because he stayed in school so he could try to win a Championship.

Old 05-13-2004   #6
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Well, it really looks like he hurt his draft stock this year.
Old 05-13-2004   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve
Well, it really looks like he hurt his draft stock this year.
How, he was the 2nd WR taken this year.

Sponsored links
Old 05-13-2004   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I think you've just described every ex-player on these pregame shows. I do like Cris (Who stole my h?) Collinsworth on HBO, but the rest are just awful. Deion did give Terry a run for his money in the stupid jock department. So I guess that means that Terry will miss him.
Lucky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #9
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Pre-game could be done by just about anybody, because many people are just yacking with there freinds or getting more beer.
Old 05-14-2004   #10
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

I thought Deion did a good job. As for Irvin, I think he is there to add jokes to the set. His insight is nothing to write home about and his speaking is absolutely horrible. He really got in, based on his friendship with Deion!
Old 05-14-2004   #11
texans
Veteran

Exclamation

thires a rumore goung around that shanon sharap is going to retive to take dieons spot.
texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy Deon is gone, he was really annoying. He was just a loudmouth, i don't know if he really tell any jokes but he was just loud. Fox is the king of the pregame show and Terry Bradshaw is really funny, they do all these funny skits and stuff, it's cool. I'm sure CBS can find someother loudmouth jock to fill Deon's place quickly.
Old 05-15-2004   #13
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

CBS' pregame show just seems like a lame copy of everything Fox does--whether Fox does it well or not. I enjoy the Fox pregame but as soon as the yapping gets out of control I flip to ESPN to see actual highlights.

Wherever the FILM and ANALYSIS is playing, I'll watch...OK, unless Fox's weather report is on.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually like Deion. I think the discussions of the CBS show were fun. Boomer and Deion went at it almost every week.

They'll just pop another ex player in there.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004   #15
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans
thires a rumore goung around that shanon sharap is going to retive to take dieons spot.
I guess Shanon Sharpe is going to take Neon's place. Hopefully he will be better at it.

I heard the Neon was going to join Irvin on ESPN. So they could do a couple of lines, before they have to read their lines.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004   #16
blueyes
Rookie

Cool

I did enjoy Sandersclaus...ho ho ho
blueyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read