Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-07-2006   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No integrity in college replay

College replay will make a conspiracy theorist out of me yet.

Gotta be something more than just incompetance. Every single weekend, I see instances where I see absolute clear cut video evidence of how a play should be ruled, and I only need to see the replay one time on my TV because it's so obvious, like if when the ball goes 10 yards on an onside, or if the receiver gets his foot down when making a catch, or if the ball is tipped on a pass, etc.

Plays where there is obvious unmistakeable video evidence to anyone who sees it . .

. . and yet these so-called 'replay officials' rule it differently.

Replay needs to be abolished. It was meant to correct bad calls, not back them up.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No integrity in college replay

I think they should let the referees make the call instead of a replay official. Do it like the NFL.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems like they're not really overturning calls.

Makes me think that they've been instructed not to overturn calls unless they are 110% positive the wrong call was made.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
Makes me think that they've been instructed not to overturn calls unless they are 110% positive the wrong call was made.
Even when there is obvious video proof that the wrong call was made?

Yeah, that makes sense.

I've never been a fan of Bob Stoops, but man alive, his team is getting screwed. And that Iowa State/Nebraska game tonight was a crime, too!:brickwall
Old 10-08-2006   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Looked like a lateral to me. If it isn't a forward pass, gotta be a latteral. Oregon game was bad. And I do have Orange colored glasses on. But, looked like a good call to me. Thought that most folks would miss the pass interference penaty because it happened very early in the play. Our young QB stomped your young QB. And our d line punked the OU d-line. Live with it Dorthy.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

I didn't care who won that game. I wasn't rooting for anyone. I'm talking about replay officials.
Old 10-08-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I didn't care who won that game. I wasn't rooting for anyone. I'm talking about replay officials.
The lateral was definitely a lateral.

The fumble was definitely not a fumble.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2006   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Even when there is obvious video proof that the wrong call was made?

Yeah, that makes sense.

I've never been a fan of Bob Stoops, but man alive, his team is getting screwed.
The footage that I saw had the ball being passed from the same yard line and ended up at the same yard line. Looked like a lateral to me.

If Stoops would have spent more time actually coaching the game than jawing with the Line Judge , he might have been able to make something happen.

Adrian Peterson's fumble was a little questionable...

Still wouldn't have helped him win....
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
The footage that I saw had the ball being passed from the same yard line and ended up at the same yard line. Looked like a lateral to me.

If Stoops would have spent more time actually coaching the game than jawing with the Line Judge , he might have been able to make something happen.

Adrian Peterson's fumble was a little questionable...

Still wouldn't have helped him win....
Look, just forget about the Texas game, OK? What about ISU/Nebraska, or the Washington game, or the West Virginia game?

Do away with replay, and let the zebras on the field ***k it up instead.
Old 10-08-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i love college replay.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: No integrity in college replay

The Big 10 pioneered it. Had if before NCAA widely used it.

Now, I agree, I see replay calls every week that AMAZE me for doing the opposite of the video evidence, etc.

Apparently the other conference don't rule like the Big 10 :-)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #12
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was not a lateral and had it been thrown by a Longhorns player you 's would be livid about it.
Yeah, but it was not thrown by an UT player so now the OU 's are pissed. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Stoops looked like he was about to explode on the sidelines. OU got pretty sloppy at the end, they had a few false start and holding penalties that I think hurt them more then that one penalty. Though I can appreciate Stoop's position on instant replay.
Old 10-08-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

personal opinion on replay on college or pro level. We have seen many replays that should have been overturned and hasn't. Just makes me wonder what the media would do if replay was overturning atleast one or two calls a game on EVERY game.

if the overturning of calls started becoming more and more regular. where does the officiating(NFL or College) go from there?

Bottom line is that I think the officials do a good job but with the advancement of TV and all the cameras/camera angles that TV crews bring these days we see more and more of their mistakes , officials need to become better and who knows maybe they need a couple more at different spots. (but we'd see more roadkill zebras in a game)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
That was not a lateral and had it been thrown by a Longhorns player you 's would be livid about it. Please take off your burnt orange glasses and watch the replay again. The ball landed on the same line as it was thrown after it was batted backwards by the RB. I haven't seen a more clearly forward pass called a lateral than this one. Certainly the ball had was thrown more across the field than forward but the key here is there was a forward component in its trajectory. That makes it a forward pass not where the ball lands you stupid refs.
Yeah well starts and ends on the same yard line, that's a latteral in my rule book. Et.Al. the ball did not break the plane moving forward. Doesn't matter if it's Colt or Taylor. A= I am a homer with respects to the horns. I also posted I think after the O.U. game, that this is a three loss team . Can't I be a homer and objective ?
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #15
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

It was a forward pass. The ball leaves Thompson's hand from behind the 12 yd line and hits Peterson's hand just in front of the 12 yd line. Forward pass.

Still don't think it matters because it didn't change the outcome of the game. Just increased Texas winning margin.

And Peterson did fumble.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006   #16
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

UH also got screwed on 2 plays vs. Miami that were CLEARLY called WRONG by the ACC replay official...hmm

The NCAA should rule that ONLY NCAA approved replay officials will be used. No conference replay officials because we already have numerous cases where they are showing a clear bias for their conference..whether money is involved under the table or not..
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #17
Frills
Veteran

Yes, Thompson was standing on the same yardage marker that Peterson was.

The point where he released the ball was close to half a yard behind AD, thus making it a forward pass.

Surely all the critizing of Carr and VY's release points on this board would have taught ya something.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read