Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-07-2006   #1
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Jarrett Dillard

RS- Sophomore WR at Rice. He's got 8 TD grabs and is in the top 5 in NCAA receiving yards. He looked like a pro against Texas' fearsome DBs and put up monster games against UCLA and FSU as well. He's got a streak of like 8 straight games with a TD reception.

DATE OPP RESULT REC YDS AVG LNG TD
9/2 Houston L 31-30 4 34 8.5 13 1
9/9 @UCLA L 26-16 7 102 14.6 41 1
9/16 Texas L 52-7 9 91 10.1 17 1
9/23 @Florida State L 55-7 7 113 16.1 32 1
9/30 @Army W 48-14 11 171 15.5 50 3
10/7 @Tulane L 38-24 6 61 10.2 18 1

Jarrett's among the best route runners I've seen this year and has Chris Chambers like athleticism getting the ball in the air. He needs to put on a little weight to play at the next level, but he's the real deal.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jarrett Dillard

This is my point about going after Ginn and the others day one. I like our WR corp that we have now. If we had a better o-line I have no doubt that Walters would be putting up good numbers. Guy like this in the third or fourth round, I would be happpy with. I don't know what class the Arkansas kid is in but he made a hellova paly against Aurburn today. Major league catch no doubt. Raw guy to groom behind the two pro bowlers and play specail teams untill he's ready. That is all we need.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006   #3
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

10/14/2006 Vs. UAB

9 Catches, 114 yds, 3 TD.

Got the game winner with 3 seconds left in the 4th... that's 9 games in a row with a TD reception... and Rice was the only d1 school to offer him a scholarship... big ups to Richard Justice for the column. Again, the kid is the real deal and a heck of a story. I believe after today he'll lead the nation in receptions, TDs, and receiving yards. Sure, it's just Conference USA, but half of those yards came against Florida St., Texas, and UCLA. He's Priority #1 and Priority #2 on every opponent's scouting report, so his production is that much more impressive.

Last edited by Dr. Toro; 10-14-2006 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro View Post
10/14/2006 Vs. UAB

9 Catches, 114 yds, 3 TD.

Got the game winner with 3 seconds left in the 4th... that's 9 games in a row with a TD reception... and Rice was the only d1 school to offer him a scholarship... big ups to Richard Justice for the column. Again, the kid is the real deal and a heck of a story. I believe after today he'll lead the nation in receptions, TDs, and receiving yards. Sure, it's just Conference USA, but half of those yards came against Florida St., Texas, and UCLA. He's Priority #1 and Priority #2 on every opponent's scouting report, so his production is that much more impressive.
How DID Rice get those schools on their schedules?
Old 12-03-2006   #5
Dr. Toro
All Pro

82 Receptions, 1176 yards, 20 TDs

Biletnikoff finalist. 5'11", plays like he's 11"5... made every big play and several game winners. He will play on Sundays. He is Chris Chambers with better hands and route running. That's not hyperbole, I think the numbers bear that out... especially against UCLA, FSU, and Texas. He had a lot more success against UCLA than Dwayne Jarrett, FWIW.

The guy is a skinny 5'11" receiver on a team that ran the option last year... teams have gameplanned for him to no effect. Tells you something about his physical ability, hard work on every down, and route running, IMO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read