Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2006   #1
Cheroqui
Veteran

Default Should we move that way?

What do you say to going after Randy Moss if the Raiders are willing to let him go? I think we should give it a shot and put him opposite Andre and move Moulds to slot.
Would that work, or would Moss not see that we're going to "get there" and feel he is moving into the same situation that he is unhappy about?

Run your mouth!...
Old 10-07-2006   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should we move that way?

Get Moss, Haynesworth, and Ahmad Carroll now!!!
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #3
jniner
Rookie

we should get him for cheap then trade him for a CB, LB, or safety.
jniner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheroqui View Post
What do you say to going after Randy Moss if the Raiders are willing to let him go? I think we should give it a shot and put him opposite Andre and move Moulds to slot.
Would that work, or would Moss not see that we're going to "get there" and feel he is moving into the same situation that he is unhappy about?
Run your mouth!...
Thankfully, there are atleast a couple of positions where we don't need help, and WR is one of them.
Matter of fact, right now it would arguably be our strongest position ?
And according to coach, the DLine was another. But I'm sure coach has been
rethinking that one quite a bit.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #5
Cheroqui
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Thankfully, there are atleast a couple of positions where we don't need help, and WR is one of them.
Matter of fact, right now it would arguably be our strongest position ?
And according to coach, the DLine was another. But I'm sure coach has been
rethinking that one quite a bit.
Ok I'm going to ask you because I don't remember and I know at the time they had Marshall Faulk, but when the Rams made it to those Super Bowls did they have Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Az Hakim? If so Why can't we have Moss, Johnson and Moulds? I think we would make out fine with Moulds in the slot. Moss can be our Holt, Dre can be our Hakim, and Moulds our Bruce. Well something like that... Moss has Hakim speed too
Old 10-07-2006   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniner View Post
we should get him for cheap then trade him for a CB, LB, or safety.

sean taylor and carlos rogers?

madden should be shot for what his game has done to kids brains
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

madden should be shot for what his game has done to kids brains

I was thinking the exact same thing as I read this thread

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Ok I'm going to ask you because I don't remember and I know at the time they had Marshall Faulk, but when the Rams made it to those Super Bowls did they have Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Az Hakim? If so Why can't we have Moss, Johnson and Moulds? I think we would make out fine with Moulds in the slot. Moss can be our Holt, Dre can be our Hakim, and Moulds our Bruce. Well something like that... Moss has Hakim speed too
Andre can also catch, that would definitely make him more of our Holt than hakim. Moulds is our Bruce, & Edell shepard, & mathis can be our Hakim.

either way, we don't need to waste time or money on Moss(& I'm a moss fan). We need to try to get ChampBailey out of Denver if anything. I'm sure Kubiak can get some sympathy from ole shanahan.

Corey Simon also looks interesting.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #9
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Andre can also catch, that would definitely make him more of our Holt than hakim. Moulds is our Bruce, & Edell shepard, & mathis can be our Hakim.

either way, we don't need to waste time or money on Moss(& I'm a moss fan). We need to try to get ChampBailey out of Denver if anything. I'm sure Kubiak can get some sympathy from ole shanahan.

Corey Simon also looks interesting.
Maybe they can send Al Wilson or DJ Williams over along with Champ...hey, whats LT doing in San Diego these days? Get him over here!

All joking aside, it would be nice to get Corey Simon, but I doubt he would go to the Texans after playing for the Eagles and Colts his whole career...
Old 10-07-2006   #10
Low Life
Rookie

I think he would hate it here. No Media and as much as it hurts to say... we are a losing team.I don't see him as being a locker room cancer though. I've felt at times that Andre was in the same position especially last year except that Andre doesn't get interviewed if he has a bad game. I wouldn't have a problem with Moss coming here but it's nothing worth thinking about unless it happens in my opinion.

I thought Andre was about to let it go when he mentioned that we can't do anything offensively when we're fumbling every other second down (I saw that as a reference to Carr). If that comment was made in NY or CA then we would be sitting here talking about how Andre was a bad team player. I don't think that people are as bad or good as the media makes them out to be. But I will say that if there was a choice to be made then I would take Andre today over Moss today without a problem but I guess the question is a little more complex than that. Ok. I'm done.
Old 10-07-2006   #11
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

I still think we should have went after lance schulters, we need LB's (hopefully wong will help soon) a CB, and a true FS. everyone in the league almost could use a good LT but I dont see that happening. and we should have never let Jaimee sharper go. but oh well , we have who we have. secondary and LB are to me the NEED spots before the trade deadline.
Old 10-08-2006   #12
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

from what i am hearing simon has polyarthritis--a joint condition. not sure i want any part of that.
Old 10-08-2006   #13
kenneth24
Veteran

Why take a chance on bringing a cancer into the clubhouse? A great talent for sure but he wouldn't get the catches here. Maybe he would be our #2 receiver and move ahead of Moulds but then Moulds would be the #3 receiver and he could then be a problem. When Moulds signed with the Texans he signed on knowing he would be #2 behind AJ not a #3. And as evidence in Denver, the #3 receiver doesn't get enough balls thrown their way. On most formations the Texans run at least 2 tightends. And to anybody that says we can change the offensive philosophy to more passing, that won't happen under Kubiak. Its not a matter of him adjusting, its what Kubiak knows and has been successful with it.

Basically whether the #3 receiver is Moss or Moulds, there aren't enough balls to go around and why cause a problem if Moulds is getting the job done?
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

If he'll play DB...
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

We might as well trade our entire team for the Bengals.
Old 10-08-2006   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol the last position we need more players at is WR. That is the one and only position we actually have talent at.
Old 10-08-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Moss has too big of a head to be our no 3 receiver. I would not start him ahead of AJ or Moulds.

Randy should go to Denver....or Miami.
Old 10-08-2006   #18
redbul41
Rookie

We need classy players, and Moss is not one of them.
redbul41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #19
phan1
All Pro

1) We can't afford and have little priority for Moss
2) There are a ton of teams who can and would really like to afford Moss
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Run your mouth!...
only if Randy can play CB.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read