Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-07-2006   #1
Superstar
Rookie

Exclamation T.O. writting a children's book?!

The title of the book is called,"TO learning to share" I think I got the title right. Anyway I read the article and was impressed T.O. has this side in him. I am curious what everyone thinks of this. I am just shocked a player like him would write such a book. I guess if modonna could write a book why not Terrel.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2615372

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #2
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default Re: T.O. writting a children's book?!

From the above link:

Quote:
Owens and a college classmate have co-written a children's book, "Little T Learns To Share," which is due to be released in November by Dallas-based BenBella Books, the Dallas Morning News reported Friday.

According to the newspaper, in "Little T Learns to Share," the title character refuses to share his football at first -- then realizes it's awfully hard to play football by yourself.
I would like to look at this and think Terrell just had this idea out of the kindness of his heart, but I see it as more of a marketing ploy/reputation booster. Not to mention he's "co-writing" it with a college classmate, just like he "co-wrote" his autobiography (except somehow the words were simultaneously straight from his mouth as well as changed by the editor).

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #3
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
The title of the book is called,"TO learning to share"
So it's a fiction book right?
Old 10-07-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA View Post
So it's a fiction book right?
Old 10-07-2006   #5
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Terrell is a fine, young man, and has shown nothing in Dallas to make me believe otherwise. The way he has handled the criticism, the hype, the personal attacks -- it really is something special. Only a week after the media accused him of such outlandish claims of killing himself, with a broken hand, going out last week and having the game he had.. That's what heros are made of. Terrell has exemplified himself in fine manner, and I can not wait to see this man tommorrow in Philadelphia.

I'm sure his new chidren books will only reiterate what was just said, Terrell is a changed man, and I hope in the future I may buy Mr. Owen's books for my children.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #6
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
This is a perfect fit for you Cowboys fans!
Truly a match made in heaven!
You guys have YEARS of experience in MAKING EXCUSES...
And TO needs all of the EXCUSES that he can get!

The ONLY problem that you guys will have in the future is if TO can figure out a way to marry HIMSELF ala Dennis Rodman and then of course he'd have to blame HIMSELF for the DIVORCE that is sure to come!!!
The difference between the 49ers and Eagle organizations is we are The Cowboys. No matter what player decides to come along. With both the Niners' and Philly, Terrell was that organization and nothing less. On the other hand with the Cowboys, we are so much more than Terrell. Our grand history, our solid supporting cast, our Hall of Fame coach, they all stand out.

A perfect example of this "we are more" theory can be seen in the "road trip" portion of this forum. There are maybe 20 threads in antipation for this game, some starting up a year ago. With the Cowboys we're united as one, I have seen probably two threads as of now from varying forums for upcoming meeting.

In addition, look into Mr. Jerry Jones and Terrell. This comes as a match made in heaven like you said, as was said in the last sentece of Terrell's recent autobiography, they both know what each-other's gone through. They hold somewhat of an ironic unity, both were hated, both had their backs in the wall, both have been accused of countless circumstances, but one thing remains the same. They both have the desire for victory.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #7
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post
Terrell is a fine, young man, and has shown nothing in Dallas to make me believe otherwise. The way he has handled the criticism, the hype, the personal attacks -- it really is something special. Only a week after the media accused him of such outlandish claims of killing himself, with a broken hand, going out last week and having the game he had.. That's what heros are made of. Terrell has exemplified himself in fine manner, and I can not wait to see this man tommorrow in Philadelphia.

I'm sure his new chidren books will only reiterate what was just said, Terrell is a changed man, and I hope in the future I may buy Mr. Owen's books for my children.
It's just a matter of time before the strings are cut off from his master of the puppets act.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2006   #8
mefool3030
Rookie

Quote:

I am a Cowboys fan, but this is pure BS. Hahah I can't believe you think Terrel is a fine, young man. I hope you were joking when you wrote this.
mefool3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #9
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm going to give you a pass here. Because of your age. T.O. is anything but a fine, young man. Nor is he a changed man. He is evil and a black eye to the NFL. He shouldn't be on any team! Even the Cowboys. He's going to embarrass the Cowboys before this is all over. Shame on the Cowboys for giving him one red cent.
Old 10-08-2006   #10
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Should be titled:

One Pill
Two Pill;
Red Pill
Blue Pill

*heard it on the radio the other day, couldn't stop laughing.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read