Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2006   #1
Barkley

Default Can we beat Dallas?

I think we have a chance. Classic trap game. We are in between in Eagles and Giants. Let's hope the Cowboys beat the Eagles and get VERY beat up in the process. Hopefully, they will be looking towards the Giants and overlook us.
Old 10-05-2006   #2
NRowl
Rookie

Default Re: Can we beat Dallas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
Let's hope the Cowboys beat the Eagles and get VERY beat up in the process.
I am hoping the Cowboys get beat by the Eagles and get VERY beat up in the process.
NRowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The key is getting pressure on Bledsoe. I think the Cowboys will win, though, seeing as how our LT won't be able to stop DeMarcus Ware AND the DE.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #4
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

I am going to the game the Texans better at least put up one heluva fight. I really don't what to walk out getting crud from the cowgirl fans.
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #5
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

good thing is that we got 2 weeks to watch film and prepare, and the texans will be watchin the eagles vs cowboys very closely on sunday
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

No offense, but this is a question which never needs to be asked. There are definite and well reasoned favorites in almost every game and yet every weekend, much less every year there are surprises. The Texans already have a few in the books--Cowboys 1st game, Steelers with the fewest offensive yds ever, beating the SB losing Panthers, taking the SB winning Pats to overtime, denying the Jags a playoff berth--there is a reason the play the game--on any given sunday.
Old 10-05-2006   #7
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Yeah, I think we can much like I think we can beat any other team in this league - the in me talking here. But it could happen, again. Hope they'll be watching Sundays game against the Eagles and taking notes.
Old 10-05-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No offense, but this is a question which never needs to be asked. There are definite and well reasoned favorites in almost every game and yet every weekend, much less every year there are surprises. The Texans already have a few in the books--Cowboys 1st game, Steelers with the fewest offensive yds ever, beating the SB losing Panthers, taking the SB winning Pats to overtime, denying the Jags a playoff berth--there is a reason the play the game--on any given sunday.
Didn't we do that with an experienced corner? And an experienced linebacker corps?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #9
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Can we? Sure

Will we... Well, if Philly beats the Cowgirls up, if TO starts talking trash if he doesn't get his way, if the pointy little ball takes some unexpected Houston bounces, etc. Translation, I don't think we are quite there yet. <sigh>

I will be happy if we just play them tough. it's not a blow out and most importantly, continue to show improvement.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 279120 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As much as I'd like to believe that - and I'm usually a subcriber to the 'any given Sunday' philosophy - I'm still not convinced that our defense can stop anyone. We barely squeaked a win out of Miami, and that's as much due to their incompetence as anything.

Dallas is another matter altogether, and they've got some serious offensive weapons. This is definitely not the 19-10 Cowboys. This is a Parcells team, and they've got an attitude now that will not be matched in intensity by our young team. And let's not even talk about their defense. I don't think we're ready for a shoot out game right now...not if we're too fragile to run a two minute drill.
Old 10-06-2006   #11
phan1
All Pro

Dude, if we win this game, we could go 2-14 again and I'd still consider this a success! There is almost nothing that I wouldn't give to see us win next week Sun.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #12
profan
Veteran

Yes, we could beat them. in order to do so, our defense must have it's best game of the year by farrrrrrr, same for the offense, or we hope dallas has a very bad game in between thier two division games. It could happen.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #13
wicked_wayz
all blacks

to be honest our db's are gonna have a long night trying to contain T.O and glenn....
Old 10-06-2006   #14
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran

Well its RIVALRY....anything can happen....
Even A&M came close against the Longhorns last year....and UT was one of the best college teams IN ALL-TIME HISTORY...
So, it's gonna be close...but we're playin' in Dallas....
Texans will need ALOT of fan support...but a WIN is possible!
Cruuuuuuuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
I think we have a chance. Classic trap game. We are in between in Eagles and Giants. Let's hope the Cowboys beat the Eagles and get VERY beat up in the process. Hopefully, they will be looking towards the Giants and overlook us.
I think we are a better team than the Giants. If they've got a chance to win, we've got a chance to win.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #16
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:

...exactly
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #17
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think we are a better team than the Giants. If they've got a chance to win, we've got a chance to win.
LOL, someone needs there coffee this morning, the toast is burnt...

No way we beat the Cowboys. We are not ready yet. A few drafts away from making the transition to being a high caliber NFL team...

But Go Texans...
Old 10-06-2006   #18
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

whatever, the media is gonna be on TO

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's definetly going to take one of these type games to win this one. Realistically though, we're outmatched in every position except for maybe WR and QB(??). Our secondary is presently the weakest part of the team IMO. I hate to say it, but this game could very well end up like our first three games.

Stranger things have happened though. Who knows?
Old 10-06-2006   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course we can beat Dallas. That's not what you want to know. What you want to know is will we beat Dallas.

Sadly I can't answer that. I think that the outcome is either we get beaten very badly or we manage a very close win. I don't think we're nearly as good as they are right now. I wish this game was taking place in week 15 and not week 6.

I just don't think we're ready for them. I could be wrong though. I need to check with the pancake rabbit and see what he says.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read