Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-05-2006   #1
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

Default if the titans release haynesworth....

should the texans claim him? i say yes, he deserves a 2nd chance, and we can use a young stud dt next to mario.
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #2
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Default Re: if the titans release haynesworth....

WoW, someone is hoping for a miracle, but they arent gonna relase him just because of his head stomping, he will learn his lesson and he will return in 5 games and everything will be fine, except that he might get sued....HAHA
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #3
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

not worth it. were better off taking our chances with what we have currently. this franchise has a good history of keeping guys like him out of our locker room. no offense to him, but he is not the right fit.
Old 10-05-2006   #4
Doug
All Pro

I would not be surprised if he isn't with the Titans next year. Our people would never allow a player to come to this team after he purposely tried to injure a defenseless player in such a way that his professional and private life could've been shattered. Everyone can say what they would like about my opinion but this will be my only post in this thread. The thought of the whole ordeal literally sickens me.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #5
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Why would this question even be brought up???

We don't want someone who has issues like this. He is trying to apologize to save his butt right now. This guy needs help in a big way. We just don't need nor want that type of character on OUR team...

a few inches one way or the other and he could have stone cold killed that guy. Bad enough to kick a defenseless man once, but twice???

No more posts to this thread from me either. I made my point...
Old 10-05-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Haynesworth, for all his sincerity when he apologizes on camera, has been doing "stuff" like this since he was drafted. This is just the first time anything major happened in a game.

The guy is a loose cannon. No thanks.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72471 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks. Character counts with me.
Old 10-05-2006   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

In a long line of the grass must be greener threads--this is the winner.
Old 10-05-2006   #9
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Maybe we could pick up Charles Manson on a work release program too....
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #10
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

this teams needs some attitude, im sorry. look at the bengals, the old steel curtain teams, the old bears, the old giants teams, the 90's cowboys....the texans are a soft team, im a texans fan and ill stick to what i said earlier, id like for them to pick him up if he's released since jeff fisher said he's unsure if he wants haynesworth on the titans anymore. that defense needs a mean streak, no more nice guys!
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #11
19-10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshouldbeGM View Post
this teams needs some attitude, im sorry. look at the bengals, the old steel curtain teams, the old bears, the old giants teams, the 90's cowboys....the texans are a soft team, im a texans fan and ill stick to what i said earlier, id like for them to pick him up if he's released since jeff fisher said he's unsure if he wants haynesworth on the titans anymore. that defense needs a mean streak, no more nice guys!
Dude this is not gladiator, it's professional football. He should have been cuffed and processed before entering the tunnell. You could go to reliant and cheer that guy? WOW
Old 10-05-2006   #12
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

Having a mean streak and attitude is one thing, doing the things Haynesworth's done are another thing. The Pat's defense has won them multiple championships, name me their criminal influence. The Bengals lost Thurman for the season, tell me again how that helps the team. Those teams you mentioned did have an attitude, but they also had class and respect for the game. Haynesworth doesn't and he should not now or ever be associated with the Texans.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #13
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

You know what, I think we could use someone to stomp our opponents faces.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #14
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

YES! If that ever happens, which I doubt. Yea one of the best DLineman in the league.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #15
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Regardless of whether we would take a look at him or not (which I doubt we would), he is NOT going to be released by the Titans.

A great young DT, even w/ issues, is too valued to just release and not get anything in return. No...they may be looking to TRADE him, but they won't release him. Then the question would be do we trade for him and IMO the answer is DEFINITELY not.
Old 10-06-2006   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

While character should not the no. 1 issue, I think it should still be a high priority. I could overlook some things, but this guy is borderline criminal. He's lucky charges weren't filed against him, because things could have turned out much worse as a result of that incident. And this isn't the first time he's lost control.

I thought he should have been suspended for the season.
Old 10-06-2006   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want this guy. I don't care if the guy is one of the best players at his position or not (I think he's good not one of the best by the way), what he did is utterly disgusting and I can't see how any team would welcome him. Not just the organization but the players as well. Stomping on the head of an opponent isn't football. This guy could have ended Gurode's career. I'll be disappointed in the team that does sign him if he gets cut by the Titans.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #18
phan1
All Pro

At first I thought the whole situation was overblown. He deserves the suspension, but everyone's been trashing him really bad for a week straight... But than I realized how much he actually hurt the other guy. His gashes must have looked awful.

But our organization has always had class players, which is something McNair really values IMO. We won't touch him.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #19
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
should the texans claim him? i say yes, he deserves a 2nd chance, and we can use a young stud dt next to mario.
No, actually it would be his third chance. Two years ago Haynesworth got in trouble for kicking a teamate durng a practice.
Old 10-06-2006   #20
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 11 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

No Need For Hayneworth we're ok, just need to develop

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read