Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default From out of the past!!

Rex Grossman-to-Bernard Berrian may be the most electrifying QB-WR combo in the league. All those two do is convert 60-yard touchdowns. Watching Grossman and Berrian connect is reminiscent of those old Jeff Blake-Darnay Scott bomb plays in the early '90s. Yes, that was just a Darnay Scott reference in 2006. Chicago’s D is unbreakable, and four weeks into the season, the Bears are far and away the class of the NFC. This is from ESPN power ratings.

I just couldn't resist posting this as some of you gave me a lot of heat on this subject. I just thought some of you might be scratching your head. I have told many of you that Carr and Berrian where a big one-two punch. It took Berrian a while to heal and get into the drift of the NFL, but you now have perhapes an understanding why those of us who followed those two wanted to see the Texans draft Berrian.

Berrian made Carr and Carr made Berrian. Now Berrian has a new sole mate. They were a special combo and only if we would have had a defense that year. Sounds familiar doesn't it?
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: From out of the past!!

Didn't know these two were college mates. Interesting.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 122393 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i wanted berrian than and i'd want him now. between his small price tag and being a perfect play-action deep threat, i doubt chicago's going to let him get away though.
Old 10-05-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i wanted berrian than and i'd want him now. between his small price tag and being a perfect play-action deep threat, i doubt chicago's going to let him get away though.
I'd trade him for TJ.
Old 10-05-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Note to fantasy team, do not draft any Fresno players until their fifth year.
Old 10-05-2006   #6
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
Rex Grossman-to-Bernard Berrian may be the most electrifying QB-WR combo in the league. All those two do is convert 60-yard touchdowns. Watching Grossman and Berrian connect is reminiscent of those old Jeff Blake-Darnay Scott bomb plays in the early '90s. Yes, that was just a Darnay Scott reference in 2006. Chicago’s D is unbreakable, and four weeks into the season, the Bears are far and away the class of the NFC. This is from ESPN power ratings.

I just couldn't resist posting this as some of you gave me a lot of heat on this subject. I just thought some of you might be scratching your head. I have told many of you that Carr and Berrian where a big one-two punch. It took Berrian a while to heal and get into the drift of the NFL, but you now have perhapes an understanding why those of us who followed those two wanted to see the Texans draft Berrian.

Berrian made Carr and Carr made Berrian. Now Berrian has a new sole mate. They were a special combo and only if we would have had a defense that year. Sounds familiar doesn't it?
Who was that other WR at FS that Carr also used? What happened to him?
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post

I liked Blake to Pickens more myself. Back then, Blake had a beautiful deep ball. I remember how he almost out too much air under it, but seemed to always drop it in Picken's bread basket.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2006   #8
Cgold
Rookie

the other reciever was Rodney Wright. He was drafted in the 7th round by the bills and was trying to make a spot on the team, but got into a car accident... in which i believe he caused, the other car started on fire, Wright freaks out and runs... and others have to save the lady from the car.. that my friends was the end of the "other" reciever from fresno state.. too bad.
he was good but berrian was better
Cgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

alot of people wanted us to pick up Berrian in the draft that year..myself included. Unfortunately that is the year we went after Babin and lost our middle round picks.

We have Moulds and AJ now.. so im not gonna complain.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #10
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Yes they were, I wanted Berrian too. That would have mattered though. Carr is just maturing as a QB. Berrian and Carr in Capers system. I would not have worked anyways.

anything that made sense to the fans didnt make sense to the previous staff.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read