Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2004   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What team will show up Sunday in Arrowhead?

Will the team we know and love, and know can put up points, and play good D show up? Or will the confused, fumbling, not on the same page team arrive?

I have a good feeling the offense will show its guns. But the D makes me wonder if they will contain the high powered chiefs.

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

we will not get any pass rush whatsoever against the Chiefs offensive line and our defense will get picked apart especially if Holmes does play.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #3
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the team we .... would like to love who can put up points has yet to show up. I'm sure they're capable of it, but they need to do it before I get extremely geeked about a game. All I am looking for sunday is a + in the turnover ratio column, and our defense displaying their manhood when it matters.

Yeah, Trent Green is Mr. Suck so far, but at some point during the season he's going to light someone up, and I really do not want that to be us. If we can continue Green's suck streak and hang on the the ball, I'll be elated. (we'll most likely win if that happens)
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #4
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I envision multiple 3rd and long situations that the Texans allow the Chiefs to convert. The most frustrating thing this team has ever put me through.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I envision multiple 3rd and long situations that the Texans allow the Chiefs to convert. The most frustrating thing this team has ever put me through
I agree, but IMO still better than rooting for the Oilers or having no team at all.
Old 09-22-2004   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

I think or defense will come around. We just have a few new players at new positions and all the guys who came back from injury and need to get adjusted to the speed of the game again ! I think or defense will improve more as the season progresses !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #7
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

It seems that a lot of people expect the Texans to be established and ready to win consistantly this season. They're still shifting people around and trying to build a rock solid foundation before they tweak things. That will happen as the season progresses and they get into a better molded team.

This week they play better than the last two weeks. Davis holds on to the ball, and the defense plays better as a unit. I don't know about a win. It depends on how well the Chiefs play and who they play with, but we don't get blown out.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2004   #8
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Besides...they're also 0-2 .
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

So many variables in this game. If the Chiefs hadn't started out 0-2 then I would call it a K.C. win but it could go either way. I think the deciding factor in this game, regardless of whether Holmes plays or not is going to be which team is more angry about being 0-2 right now. The Texans are thinking that if they had taken care of business then they'd be 2-0 and I'm sure the Chiefs are thinking the same thing.

The Texans only chance to win this game I think is that K.C. comes out looking for the Texans team they thumped last season at Reliant. I'm praying that the Chiefs are mostly in a "Good, here come the Texans. Just what we needed to put things back on track, a bad team we can beat easily". If that's the case and the Texans have had enough of losing then they could win. There are a lot of "if's" in that scenario though.

I'll be happy if they just come out focused and stop the parade of mistakes that 2004 has been so far. 0-3 will be a lot easier to stomach if they play up to the level they're capable. 1-2 would be better of course
Old 09-22-2004   #10
jhawktx
Rookie

Hervoyel, what's with the Lions avatar? Are you honoring the teams that beat us by adopting their logo for the following week? I hope it's not permanent.

The lions fans came here, dropped their thoughts in the litter box, and hopefully have pretty much departed.
jhawktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking the same thing. Must have lost an avatar bet. But that Lions logo freaked me out. eek:
Old 09-23-2004   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect the Chiefs to win. Home field advantage and overall they have a very talented team. 24-10.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #13
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this doesn't mean much, but I'm just curious as to why these folks think we'll beat KC. Heck, even Prisco picks us! Even though we're both 0 - 2, KC is at least known for putting up points by the bunches at times, unlike us.

Here's the link.
Old 09-23-2004   #14
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
I know this doesn't mean much, but I'm just curious as to why these folks think we'll beat KC. Heck, even Prisco picks us! Even though we're both 0 - 2, KC is at least known for putting up points by the bunches at times, unlike us.

Here's the link.
Dang the media! They NEVER show the Texans any respect! Can you believe that they won't even give us credit for sucking??!!?!

TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #15
Texan_in_KS
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Texan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden cover

Have you watched any of the Chiefs games this year? Have you looked at the injury list at all? I'm by no means calling the game a gimme for the Texans, but it is just as winnable as any other game we've played this year if we avoid the turnovers.

I've talked to many of my buddies here who are hardcore Chiefs fans, and they are sweating this one as much as any. Its a new year, and so far with the Chiefs injuries, lack of consistency on defense, and failure from the second level of talent behind the injured players to step up, they're reeling. To this point in time, this Chiefs team hasn't done anything to make you think they are the same as last year. If we were ever going to have a chance to snatch a 'W' from them, now is the time.
Texan_in_KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #16
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

They need to play to win.....throw that consevative, tentative, keep the game close type of playing to the sharks along with the 0-2 start conscious mind set. We need to go in agressive, exploit and not look back and it'll be easy sailing. Our offense has enough weapons to win every game like this and they have to since our defense is a little on the confuscious side so far early this season. We need to squash any hope they have of winning early in the game....
Old 09-23-2004   #17
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
Dang the media! They NEVER show the Texans any respect! Can you believe that they won't even give us credit for sucking??!!?!

As silly as it sounds, I was honestly wondering why that is. If you look at the Power rankings there, KC is 20 and we're 30.
Old 09-23-2004   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
As silly as it sounds, I was honestly wondering why that is. If you look at the Power rankings there, KC is 20 and we're 30.
Evidently those folks think we have underperformed and expect more of a bounce from our underperformance than from theirs, especially due to injury.
Old 09-23-2004   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawktx
Hervoyel, what's with the Lions avatar? Are you honoring the teams that beat us by adopting their logo for the following week? I hope it's not permanent.

The lions fans came here, dropped their thoughts in the litter box, and hopefully have pretty much departed.
I didn't take part in the Lions avatar bet. I changed my avatar because my Texans let me down bigtime last week. They came out in a statement game and said "Look at us! Look how bad we suck right now!" Honestly, since they came into existence that's the first time I feel that the Texans have ever embarrased Houston. That's the first time that I thought they didn't have a logical explanation for their situation. Sure I've been here through the expansion team losses but in the first two weeks of 2004 the Texans have done an "Oiler".

I'm in "avatar exile" until the Texans redeem themselves with either 2 wins in a row or at the very least a sound beating of a good team.

It could take a while I know.
Old 09-24-2004   #20
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I'm in "avatar exile" until the Texans redeem themselves with either 2 wins in a row or at the very least a sound beating of a good team.

It could take a while I know.
Herv, do you plan on rotating the "scab" avatar in the meantime, just in case it DOES take a while? No offense to the Lions fans, but next to Cincinnati and Tennesee I think Detroit has the worst uniform/logo in the league. Sooner you lose that lion, the better! :hehe:

But like you said, it's really up to the TEXANS to fix your avatar.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read