Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2006   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Completely Ridiculous

I seen a picture in the media before the Miami game....Texan fans wearing paper brown bags on their heads? Already??? That's not cool. There are many more games to play this season...the Texans 1st 3 games were vs. strong teams. Last week we beat the Dolphins so I would imagine those paper bags are gone, right?! Well this week will be another win for us because I mean we're playing the Cowboys, we shall remember 19-10 for us thats like the "9-11" thing to me.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Completely Ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
I seen a picture in the media before the Miami game....Texan fans wearing paper brown bags on their heads? Already??? That's not cool. There are many more games to play this season...the Texans 1st 3 games were vs. strong teams. Last week we beat the Dolphins so I would imagine those paper bags are gone, right?! Well this week will be another win for us because I mean we're playing the Cowboys, we shall remember 19-10 for us thats like the "9-11" thing to me.
Perhaps the bag is not to hide their identity...
Old 10-04-2006   #3
profan
Veteran

in a way, i feel sorry for these people. insecure and looking for attention. at least the bags will muffle the boos. These are the same types that start booing and can't handle adversity very well.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #4
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

if ur wearing paper bags already, then u are a prima donna football fan.
Old 10-04-2006   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

for what its worth, its next week we play the cowboys. too bad we couldn't keep playing after collecting a W, oh well, maybe its better this way.
Old 10-04-2006   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
I can understand people being upset. Prior to that game we were 2-18 over the previous 20 games. That means we lost 90% of our games. That is just not acceptable.
Old 10-04-2006   #7
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan View Post
in a way, i feel sorry for these people. insecure and looking for attention. at least the bags will muffle the boos. These are the same types that start booing and can't handle adversity very well.
They are the same ones that boo, they see the glass and probably their world as half empty or they wouldn't be so negative and ignorant. No class, that's the bottom line. Seriously, why would you pay large sums of money if you think our team stinks so bad.

Word to the "half empty glasses" STAY HOME!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2006   #8
Texas_Heat
Veteran

I think their wearing paper bags already because they see this as a bad franchise and have seen no sign of it getting any better
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #9
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Heat View Post
I think their wearing paper bags already because they see this as a bad franchise and have seen no sign of it getting any better
Exactly my point! Anyone with two eyes can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

We all wanted to believe it would happen over night, but things take time. That kind of thinking is ignorant. So they should take their toys and go home and beat someone else up. Again I ask, Why waste your money and your time. If you don't like it, you can leave, and leave the rest of us to enjoy our team!
Old 10-04-2006   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aww they ain't all that bad. They was just coming from holding up a liquor store and just didn't have time ta change. Give em a break.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does it bother you? My point-of-view is that it takes all kinds. Some of us wear gear and hardhats and capes and wigs and facepaint and stay until 0:00 at the end of a blowout game...others need a way to vent their frustration at a really bad product.

Light or no light, the fact remains that we are still an NFL bottom dweller in our fifth season, and we have yet to have a non-losing record (much less a winning record). I can understand the frustration and animosity, even though I do not subscribe to it. I like positive thoughts, so I leave my initial disgust at Reliant and bring the residual to the forums.

Last year, during the rather abysmal 2-14 season, I honestly thought about covering my Texans hardhat with brown paper as a display of my utter contempt for such a pathetic display of football. But I decided not to waste my time.

Good and bad emotions are two sides of the same coin, and just part of being a sports fan.
Old 10-04-2006   #12
geofb
Veteran

To me they are similar to the people who wear #10 Tennesse Titans jerseys to the games.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Completely Ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofb View Post
To me they are similar to the people who wear #10 Tennesse Titans jerseys to the games.
That's where I disagree. Bag wearing is not traitorous (classless maybe, but they wear them because they care).
Old 10-04-2006   #14
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

Anyone have our stats, albeit young, after a bye week??

Sorry to hijack the thread...
Old 10-04-2006   #15
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I seen a picture in the media before the Miami game....Texan fans wearing paper brown bags on their heads? Already??? That's not cool.
You should ask them to identify themselves, I am sure some of them are on this board.
Old 10-04-2006   #16
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

I know, it's always been part of sports, it just seems so silly to me. What does it accomplish? Take last year for example, do you think any of our players were happy about anything that happened last year. THey weren't playing like that on purpose. And McNair wasn't happy and he did something about it. That coaching was horrendous. They probably ruined several of our players careers along the way. Not too long ago, we thought they might have ruined David's.

My point is that booing doesn't help them figure out there is a problem. Everyone knows when there is a problem, especially of that magnitude.

At least this year we can trust the driver of this train......I'm just glad I don't have any bag wearers around my seats. I have a VY jersey wearer, that is enough. That's actually worse.
Old 10-04-2006   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

The "bagheads" are probably N.O. Katrina refugee's and got all confused about which team they were watching.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Wink Re: Completely Ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
The "bagheads" are probably N.O. Katrina refugee's and got all confused about which team they were watching.
The sad part is that someone could actually mistake the Texans for the Saints of yesteryear. We have never lived up to expectations, and I can only hope that we'll get our first playoff win MUCH sooner than New Orleans' first post-season win. But that's not guaranteed, either.
Old 10-04-2006   #19
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I can only hope that we'll get our first playoff win MUCH sooner than New Orleans' first post-season win.
Lets hope.
Old 10-04-2006   #20
geofb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The sad part is that someone could actually mistake the Texans for the Saints of yesteryear. We have never lived up to expectations, and I can only hope that we'll get our first playoff win MUCH sooner than New Orleans' first post-season win. But that's not guaranteed, either.

This is off topic but back in 1983, I was at the last game of the season in the Superdome. The Saints were 8-7 at the time so if they win the game, they have their first winning season. On the last play of the game the Saints were down by 2 points and attempted a field goal to win the game. They missed the field goal and ended the season at 8-8. They had to wait 4 more years before finally getting over the hump and getting their first winning season.

Whatever difficulties the Texans have encountered pale in comparison to the misery of the Saints for so many years.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read