Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2004   #1
BiggerthanTX
waterboy

Default Season predictions

Ok, so I don't want to crash the party this early, but i'm curious to see the thoughts of other fans.

Houston's final season record will be...?

On a different note, I was looking at replacing my old clunker cell with a cool flip (any suggestions?). While I was at the motorola site looking at the v265, I saw a contest for tix to any nfl game. They pick winners twice a week and have a grand prize of a bowl trip. I signed up but I hope I win in time for the Denver game. Would love to finally visit Mile High and a Houston win would be key. The link's www.hellomoto.com/us/v265 if anyone else wants to sign up.

so...10-6? High hopes?
BiggerthanTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6? Not counting on it. I am not going to make any more predictions or speculate anything for the rest of the season. I will just wait until after week 16 to see how we finish.
Old 09-22-2004   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Steve McKinney promised playoffs at the end of the season last year ..im gonna take his word for it and assume it is all uphill from here.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The way the season started off, I see a 6-10 season. If the texans live up to potential, 9-7.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Assuming that DD will discover the art of not fumbling, the defense gets a clue on how to stop the other team on 3rd down and stupid penalties are eliminated. 7-9.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Positive

14-2, no doubt about it.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #7
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default i don't know

Those were two early games I counted on, and from there the road got tougher. I just don't think we have tough guys on the team yet. Good players, class acts, but no toughness. Sorry Texan hopeful, but I look for the Texans to end up 3-13 or 4-12!
Old 09-23-2004   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always said below .500...6 wins, 7 wins somewhere in that vicinity.

Tough division and tough schedule. And they are building.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

7 & 9 would be a good season at this point.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #10
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

7-9. That was my prediction before, and I'm sticking with it. The league is full of stars with big-time injuries right now, and that means anything can happen. They'll steal a couple of games to make up for the "shouldas" in week 1 and 2.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
7-9. That was my prediction before, and I'm sticking with it. The league is full of stars with big-time injuries right now, and that means anything can happen. They'll steal a couple of games to make up for the "shouldas" in week 1 and 2.
Couldn't have said better myself...I agree,7-9
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

7-9 and sticking to it. I would be stunned if we aren't within a game of that one way or the other.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #13
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

I said 8-8 and I'm sticking to it....maybe even 10-6. I'm still confident we can go 10-6!
Old 09-23-2004   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

8-8 was also my predicition, that was counting on the Texans being 2-0 not 0-2. Hopefully the Texans can win a couple swing games that where not expected but if I stay true to form the start to this season at least, translates to a 6-10 record the same as last year
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #15
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

We were 5-11 last year beerlover.
Old 09-23-2004   #16
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

The new blocking scheme for the O-line I believe is causing us major difficulities. If that isn't fixed we are in for a very long season. This was an unexpected development and I think all of us thought it was going to be a very positive move for the Texans. I believe, however, its leading to the additional pressure and sacks on David once again. I'm waiting to hear from Vinny on what he thinks after I brought this up. While the scheme adds potentially to the running game, it could be very detremental to the passing game. It appears that that might well be the case. Again, the coaches on this ball club have a fixation with the running game. Again, I stress we have a lot more receivers than runners and DD is an excellent runner, but not a work horse. He can be extremely effective if used wisely and not wasted. He needs a complimentary passing game to make him effective. In the old scheme he may have had more blockers in front of him which protected him from major hits.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #17
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Does zone blocking apply to run AND pass plays? I thought zone blocking was more of a run blocking philosophy.

We are number 10 in offense and number 11 in defense in the league. I really don't think our schemes, except the lack of a pass-rush, are the culprits. I think the turnovers and penalties are the major issues.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #18
Jwwillis
All Pro

The zone-blocking scheme is working wonderfully. The Texans are ranked 10th on Offense and 11th on Defense that is the highest ever. If they can solve there turnover woes they can turn this thing around. All coaches know you win more games establishing the run first and Im glad Capers is sticking to his guns. They could throw downfield more IMO but that is dependant on Carr getting protection while the o-line runs there passblocking schemes. Carr has been having to check down to DD far too much when Palmer calls a passing play. More protection and better seperation by the WR's will help in that regard. If they can avoid mistakes and turnovers I think they can still go 8-8.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we still go 8-8 and we still beat Tenn twice this year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #20
Mistril48
All Pro

10-6, plus 1 playoff win
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read