Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2006   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr's toss into the stands

I think that was an awesome move by DC...throwing the ball to the fans. Were any of our posters close to the ball?
I also noticed Carr encourage the fans after the scores...good to see him having fun and getting the fans involved.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #2
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr's toss into the stands

Cory Dillon did the same thing@ the Cinci game-they threw it back at him, lol.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #3
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
I think that was an awesome move by DC...throwing the ball to the fans. Were any of our posters close to the ball?
I also noticed Carr encourage the fans after the scores...good to see him having fun and getting the fans involved.

I thought I read in the Chron that David wasn't too happy about the distance of the throw. From my view (606) it looked like a bomb! But he said something about it slipping and not going very far...
Old 10-04-2006   #4
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

He said he'd forgotten that he had bruised his throwing hand a few plays back, and the ball didn't quite do what he wanted, or something to that effect.

Hope his hand is all right. No one has really picked up on that, but we definitely don't want him to get hurt, since he is really coming along.

I am the first to admit "I am a Carr Homer"! I am excited for him. Bring it on David, the "girls" await you. "Cowgirls" that is!!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #5
NJ Texan
Rookie

The Cowboys are definitely going to be a tough team to beat.
NJ Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought that was an automatic fine by the NFL for doing that, along with a celebration penalty. Maybe it's if you only do it in someone else's stadium.

I understand Kubes wasn't too happy that he did it either.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #7
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

From what I read he threw it at his family.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2006   #8
SESupergenius

I hope we've come a long way since spitting on his family. I hope he continues to be a class guy.
Old 10-04-2006   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I thought that was an automatic fine by the NFL for doing that, along with a celebration penalty. Maybe it's if you only do it in someone else's stadium.

I understand Kubes wasn't too happy that he did it either.
Their is a fine by the league and the cost of the ball. Corey Bradford got flagged for celebration last year when he tried to hit the wall below the fans and it sailed into the crowd.
Old 10-04-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
Hope his hand is all right. No one has really picked up on that, but we definitely don't want him to get hurt, since he is really coming along.
If they'd do something about the o-line maybe the fans wouldn't have to pin Carr's well-being on "hope".
Old 10-04-2006   #11
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
If they'd do something about the o-line maybe the fans wouldn't have to pin Carr's well-being on "hope".
Speaking of, I know you were one of Seth Wand's biggest supporters and I one of his detractors, but I have to believe he'd be a superior choice over Bidell at this point. From what I'm hearing Winston isn't ready to go and they're hoping that the week off will allow Salaam (who's been barely adequate) to heal up.

I've heard they quietly brought in a number of players to work out this week but I hadn't heard of any prominent OL among them. Anyone else have any idea?
Old 10-04-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Speaking of, I know you were one of Seth Wand's biggest supporters and I one of his detractors, but I have to believe he'd be a superior choice over Bidell at this point. From what I'm hearing Winston isn't ready to go and they're hoping that the week off will allow Salaam (who's been barely adequate) to heal up.

I've heard they quietly brought in a number of players to work out this week but I hadn't heard of any prominent OL among them. Anyone else have any idea?
Still am.

-----------------------

I don't understand the Bedell choice at all, especially suiting him up on game day when the coaches knew he wasn't ready. Winston would have at least been ready to play up to his ability. Wand is at least a tackle. I know they say they like Bedell because he can play "both tackle and guard", but I think that the "and guard" part is irrelevant when we need a starting tackle.

-----------------------------

I saw on another board they were going to bring in Dwayne "House" Carswell for a workout. I don't know how well he plays, but he was cut by the Broncos so that is a huge factor in his favor. That alone should make him the front runner.
Old 10-04-2006   #13
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Their is a fine by the league and the cost of the ball. Corey Bradford got flagged for celebration last year when he tried to hit the wall below the fans and it sailed into the crowd.
Glad Bradford wasn't our QB.. couldn't hit the 8 foot wall???
Old 10-04-2006   #14
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

The sad thing is that a moronic fan called in during the post game show on 610, Sunday, and complained about David throwing the ball into the stands. The guys on the radio kinda shot him down, but that guy complained about David the whole time. That was his first complaint and then I think he went on to complain that David doesn't throw the ball down the field ever and some more nonsense. I was frustrated by all the negativity so I kinda tuned him out.
Old 10-04-2006   #15
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
The sad thing is that a moronic fan called in during the post game show on 610, Sunday, and complained about David throwing the ball into the stands. The guys on the radio kinda shot him down, but that guy complained about David the whole time. That was his first complaint and then I think he went on to complain that David doesn't throw the ball down the field ever and some more nonsense. I was frustrated by all the negativity so I kinda tuned him out.
It's not going to matter to those types of fans if we win the Super Bowl, they will still be a David hater. Unbelievable, but I'm afraid the line has been drawn. Why would you put that much energy into hating someone you don't even know, for what reason, cuz the poor guy (David) has been screwed over for 4 years? I know, the fan was probably jealous of David's hair and never got over it....LOL
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #16
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Thank god he didn't get sacked while attempting the pass...........

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #17
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
I hope we've come a long way since spitting on his family. I hope he continues to be a class guy.
I like your avatar, did you created?
Old 10-04-2006   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
Whoa. People actually spit on his family? I didn't know this...
That sounds like something an eagles fan would do.
Old 10-04-2006   #19
Cgold
Rookie

I hope he was throwing the ball in the stands to nail someone with a VY jersey on.. yeah hes looked great hasnt he.. hahah....he would of set us back another 3 years..
Cgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak talked about the throw into the stands moment during his radio show.

He was non-amused. He says if that situation happens again, he expects for Carr to have that ball tucked and then bring it back to coach.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read