Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2006   #1
Sudds
Rookie

Default Carr's Numbers

If DC continues on this pace, he's looking at:

3,500 yards passing
28 passing TDs
4 rushing TDs
8 interceptions

That my friends is the NFL's most improved player honor. However, I think DC only cares about how many wins the Texans have at the end of the season. Regardless, I admire the guy for his toughness, ability to handle unprecidended crisitism, 212 sacks handled with class, and his work ethic under Kubiak. We should be proud to have a guy with this type of character and mental strength on our team.
Sudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #2
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr's Numbers

Carr currently has more passing TD's than Peyton. Improvement? I think so....
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #3
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds View Post
If DC continues on this pace, he's looking at:

3,500 yards passing
28 passing TDs
4 rushing TDs
8 interceptions

That my friends is the NFL's most improved player honor. However, I think DC only cares about how many wins the Texans have at the end of the season. Regardless, I admire the guy for his toughness, ability to handle unprecidended crisitism, 212 sacks handled with class, and his work ethic under Kubiak. We should be proud to have a guy with this type of character and mental strength on our team.
yes, and announcers and even other players have called Carr one of the toughest players in the NFL not just the toughest QB. I think he has and allways has had awkward footwork and atypical delivery and alot of people have a thing with that, so they never figured he would make it to the superstar QB level. He might not, but we could do ALOT worse than Carr for our QB. unfortunately as well as Kubiak has done with David, unless our oline keeps improving he will prolly not reach his full potential as a Texan.
Old 10-04-2006   #4
NJ Texan
Rookie

Lets hope so. So far, the most I've heard about David Carr on the national media was a side comment by Tony on PTI, and the segment wasn't even on the Texans at the time.
NJ Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #5
Cgold
Rookie

I think this is only the beginning of a new chapter for carr...
Cgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

He's still got a long way to go. The crazy thing is that he's putting up these numbers with zero running game and still getting sacked a lot. We're definitely seeing some progress which is nice. Now if we can get rid of the fumbles and get him some protection he'll be a top 10 QB.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
He's still got a long way to go. The crazy thing is that he's putting up these numbers with zero running game and still getting sacked a lot. We're definitely seeing some progress which is nice. Now if we can get rid of the fumbles and get him some protection he'll be a top 10 QB.
Sounds simple enough huh? You wouldn't think these would be issues for 4 going on 5 years now. Thanks Dom.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2006   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd probably "top 10" him right now...but he is in the back half. He is on course to rise the charts though. He's done some things that I didn't think he would ever do well (60 games is a long time). Kudos to him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #9
SESupergenius

I think that the numbers are still a little skewed, I wouldn't rank him in the top 10 just yet. He's got a fantastic completion percentage, but overall, his turnovers need to be added to his QB rating to get a complete picture. I like the fact that he's airing it out more and letting the receivers go get the ball. I had him pegged around 20 TD's and 10 INTS this year to call him a success, he's well on his way. Now if we can get a running game, he'd be all that much better.
Old 10-04-2006   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
I think that the numbers are still a little skewed, I wouldn't rank him in the top 10 just yet. He's got a fantastic completion percentage, but overall, his turnovers need to be added to his QB rating to get a complete picture. I like the fact that he's airing it out more and letting the receivers go get the ball. I had him pegged around 20 TD's and 10 INTS this year to call him a success, he's well on his way. Now if we can get a running game, he'd be all that much better.
who are the ten guys you put in front of him? (all based on this year's performances)

Old 10-04-2006   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

What boggles my mind is that the David Carr I saw last year, was basically the same David Carr I saw in preseason. I saw no improvement whatsoever. I was finally beginning to think it was a monumental mistake to extend him, that he was permanently damaged goods.

But the transformation that's taken place in just 3 games is what blows me away. I would have thought 'the Kubiak experiment', would take a lot longer to notice improvement in correcting the issues that he had. I'm amazed.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #12
Frills
Veteran

Not in order, off the top of my head, I'm most likely leaving someone out.

Frye, Grossman, Hasselbeck, Peyton, Brees, Pennington, and Kitna

I put Carr, Pennington, Kitna, and Grossman all about the same level.

edited McNabb, knew I'd forget one
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #13
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills View Post
Not in order, off the top of my head, I'm most likely leaving someone out.

Frye, Grossman, Hasselbeck, Peyton, Brees, Pennington, and Kitna

I put Carr, Pennington, Kitna, and Grossman all about the same level.

edited McNabb, knew I'd forget one
Question: Where would you put Vick ??

He's not your traditional QB...But He's probaly doing more for his team, than some of the guys you named....Where is he on your list ??
Old 10-04-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
What boggles my mind is that the David Carr I saw last year, was basically the same David Carr I saw in preseason. I saw no improvement whatsoever. I was finally beginning to think it was a monumental mistake to extend him, that he was permanently damaged goods.

But the transformation that's taken place in just 3 games is what blows me away. I would have thought 'the Kubiak experiment', would take a lot longer to notice improvement in correcting the issues that he had. I'm amazed.
I saw improvement since the first Preseason game. He wasn't playing scared.. a little hurried, happy feet an all that..... but definitely not scarred like last year.

That was my biggest fear. All those other things you can work out, but if he's scared to take a hit, forget about it.

Look at JakePlummer..... if he gets things going his way, you'll always have to wonder when the other Plummer is going to show up again. What I liked about Jake, was just like David, he played well on a bad team. But Jake had two years of playing scared in Arizona before going to Denver. I gave up on Jake his last year in Arizona..... so far, Jake has proven me right.

David........ I thought sure enough he was ruined. But either McNair got to him in time(1 year of playing scared vs the two Jake had), or He's mentally tougher than I thought he was...... I like to believe the latter.

But he's been getting better & better from the first preseason game. Little things for sure, & I can understand someone thinking he all of a sudden got better.

It's only a matter of time, before that light goes off in his head, and he understands how he is affecting the game. When he learns that defenses cheat based on what he is doing. The Safeties slide a little more towards his favorite reciever, the LBs keep everything in front of them, the Corners freely leave "their man" when blitzing, with little concern of a hot route. When he learns to recognize those things, and how he can/should take advantage of those things, then he can start imposing his will on the game, and controlling the outcome.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #15
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
who are the ten guys you put in front of him? (all based on this year's performances)
I just look at the circumstances of the performances of the QB's. Carr has had 2 very good all around games and 2 games where he was sporadic and made some TD's late in the game when we were blown out. Factor in the fumbles on the exchanges his play really hasn't been in the top 10, just IMO. I'm really looking forward to see how he plays against a touch D like Dallas and the Jags. I'd say he's around top 15 however.

Vinny: I think you are just setting this up to give props to Carr because when I start him in our fantasy league against you and he lays the smack down on your team.
Old 10-04-2006   #16
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that you can rank QB's solely on statistics and wins have to be considered. This would be my top 10 list so far this season...

1. McNabb
2. Manning
3. Grossman
4. Bulger
5. Pennington
6. Palmer
7. Brady
8. Carr
9. Leftwich
10. Brunell
Old 10-04-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
Vinny: I think you are just setting this up to give props to Carr because when I start him in our fantasy league against you and he lays the smack down on your team.
LOL

I'd probably say these guys are my top ten this year other than Carr....he is close to this group.... I didn't go off stats or anything, just some quick early observations. Some of these guys have great stats...some of these guys are just clutch, but I think all of them are keys to their teams winning games (at least so far this year).

Donovan McNabb
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Rex Grossman
Marc Bulger
Chad Pennington
Carson Palmer
Eli Manning
Tom Brady
Steve McNair

Old 10-04-2006   #18
Charter PSL Fan
Rookie

From todays Chronicle,
David Carr, who grew up in Bakersfield, Calif., more than 900 miles from the closest entry point to the Lone Star State and some 1,600 miles from the Astrodome, wants to make it clear: He does hate the Dallas Cowboys.

Because of this statement I am now a fan of Carr for life. Could this be the return of Carl Mauck? David, please show this hate on the field against the cowgirls.

Charter PSL Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #19
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
I don't think that you can rank QB's solely on statistics and wins have to be considered. This would be my top 10 list so far this season...

1. McNabb
2. Manning
3. Grossman
4. Bulger
5. Pennington
6. Palmer
7. Brady
8. Carr
9. Leftwich
10. Brunell
If you are basing it off of wins and not soley on stats...where is Vick on your list...IMO, Vick has done more for his team than Brunell and Leftwich...and Carr too...and Bulger.....
Old 10-04-2006   #20
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter PSL Fan View Post
From todays Chronicle,
David Carr, who grew up in Bakersfield, Calif., more than 900 miles from the closest entry point to the Lone Star State and some 1,600 miles from the Astrodome, wants to make it clear: He does hate the Dallas Cowboys.

Because of this statement I am now a fan of Carr for life. Could this be the return of Carl Mauck? David, please show this hate on the field against the cowgirls.

He was a Cowboy fan at one time, specifically an Aikman fan. I'm sure he's just saying that to appease us.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read