Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2006   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Johnson wins AFC honor

I hope he keeps playing the way he has. I'd like to see him in another Pro-Bowl.

Quote:
The NFL announced today that Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week, becoming the first Texan to win the offensive honor. Five Texans have won AFC Defensive Player.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News
Old 10-03-2006   #2
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

Default Re: Johnson wins AFC honor

Congrats to him and another pro-bowl is certainly coming to him
Old 10-03-2006   #3
real

cool...
Old 10-03-2006   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to AJ! He's playing like a beast. Not only do I hope he will go to the Pro-Bowl but become an All-Pro at wide receiver.
Old 10-03-2006   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

He's off to a great start this year. Way to go AJ !
I heard one of the SR 610 guys say the other day that AJ is now real comfortable in Houston, and wants to finish his career here. I'm really
skeptical of that remark, unless the 610 guy has got something solid to
back it up ? Maybe AJs met a attractive young Houston native who's family is all here ?
Floridians like Coloradans, Californians, Texans and others are very passionate about their native state and usually want to return eventually, and there's no less than 3 NFL teams in FLA.
On the other hand, if the Texans were legit contenders in a couple years when AJs contract is up for resigning, that's another story.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #6
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I heard one of the SR 610 guys say the other day that AJ is now real comfortable in Houston, and wants to finish his career here. I'm really
back it up ? Maybe AJs met a attractive young Houston native who's family is all here ?
Floridians like Coloradans, Californians, Texans and others are very passionate about their native state and usually want to return eventually, and there's no less than 3 NFL teams in FLA.
On the other hand, if the Texans were legit contenders in a couple years when AJs contract is up for resigning, that's another story.
Biggio is from New York and Bagwell from Boston. Something in the air suited them well....

Maybe there is some truth to it.

Having Kubiak around is probably reason for optimism....

I certainly don't think Andre is the kind of guy that would like to play in one of the larger markets. He also doesn't seem like the kind of person that would relish the idea of having to make a lot of new acquaintances.
Old 10-03-2006   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of the people had left Reliant after the game Sunday when John Granato interviewed AJ on the field as part of the '5th quarter.' (the interview can be heard over the stadium PA and seen on the big screen)

Granato asked AJ about being a Miami guy, how did it feel to beat the Dolphins?.... AJ responded by saying he was born and raised in Miami and has always been a Miami guy but Houston is home now and he's proud to be a Texan.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2006   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

AJ has really stepped it up, but we must credit Moulds for taking a lot of the pressure off of him, and allowing him to get open a lot more. If he continues this he will Deff make the Pro Bowl.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

And look for Moulds' numbers to increase over the next few weeks as a result of more attn on AJ.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #10
MrMeToo
All Pro

Great news.Glad to see AJ getting rewarded for his play.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
two words: franchise tag - he ain't going anywhere

Congrats AJ!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaborn-Texasbred View Post
Biggio is from New York and Bagwell from Boston. Something in the air suited them well....

Maybe there is some truth to it.

Having Kubiak around is probably reason for optimism....

I certainly don't think Andre is the kind of guy that would like to play in one of the larger markets. He also doesn't seem like the kind of person that would relish the idea of having to make a lot of new acquaintances.
Wasn't Bagwell traded FROM Boston?

I'm not sure about Moulds' numbers going up. Like we've said before, we have two #1 WRs and the D can't focus on just one of them, the other will burn them. I think a reason AJ hasn't been stopped is that teams don't know how to deal with Moulds AND AJ.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #13
bigTEXan8
All Pro

it's funny that the texans have won five defensive awards...yet they've been in the bottom of most defensive categories like...the past few years.
Old 10-04-2006   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Wasn't Bagwell traded FROM Boston?
yes, we picked him up from the red sox when he was a minor leaguer, but he was also from boston.
Old 10-04-2006   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

YEAH BOY!
Old 10-04-2006   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Most of the people had left Reliant after the game Sunday when John Granato interviewed AJ on the field as part of the '5th quarter.' (the interview can be heard over the stadium PA and seen on the big screen)

Granato asked AJ about being a Miami guy, how did it feel to beat the Dolphins?.... AJ responded by saying he was born and raised in Miami and has always been a Miami guy but Houston is home now and he's proud to be a Texan.
That was really great for him to say. He is not a super glib kinda guy, and it really sounded like he meant it.
Old 10-04-2006   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
That was really great for him to say. He is not a super glib kinda guy, and it really sounded like he meant it.
It will be interesting to see what Dre does the next off-season. In the past he is one of the players that takes off for "home" as soon as the season ends and comes back the day before the first mandatory session. I think he usually goes back to Miami for any extended breaks, i.e. between OTAs and training camp. Maybe this will be an area that Moulds influences him. I've always thought he should spend more time working out with Carr and the Texans rather than at The U with ex-Miami players.

I've always heard his home in Houston is his office; his condo on Miami Beach is his crib.
Old 10-04-2006   #18
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats AJ!

It has been nice having a true #2 receiver in Moulds.

If we get Walter up to speed and the running game working,
Andre will be hard to stop.
Old 10-04-2006   #19
SESupergenius

Personally I'd like to see more out of AJ and how does he get this honor when a smallish CB stripped the ball away from him in that game? That was no INT. Where is this "beast" we keep hearing about. AJ is taller and supposedly stronger, but from what I've been seeing, most of his catches are from good passes where he then gets tackled rather quickly. I'd love to see AJ be a strong physical player that can take CB's one on one with AJ doing a stiff arm to get loose. But being that as it may, it's a good thing when someone on our offense gets an award.
Old 10-04-2006   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
Personally I'd like to see more out of AJ and how does he get this honor when a smallish CB stripped the ball away from him in that game? That was no INT. Where is this "beast" we keep hearing about. AJ is taller and supposedly stronger, but from what I've been seeing, most of his catches are from good passes where he then gets tackled rather quickly. I'd love to see AJ be a strong physical player that can take CB's one on one with AJ doing a stiff arm to get loose. But being that as it may, it's a good thing when someone on our offense gets an award.
Isn't that the main point???

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read