Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2006   #1
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Can someone calrify a portion of Kubiak's press conference?

Quote:
(on his position not usually dropping into coverage in the zone ) “No, he’s part of some of our zone schemes. You try to do that defensively. People, a lot of teams will turn their protection to a certain player, you know, to try to get help and I think some people will have to take special attention to him in some of the things he can do when he’s zone-dogging and drop him off now you’ve got teams turning toward him and you’re bringing pressure to the other way. So that was something (defensive coordinator) Richard (Smith) did in the game that was effective. It had a lot to do with our sacks.”
I'm not familiar with some of the football terminology. Is Kubiak saying that Miami was doubling Mario, so we dropped Mario into zone and brought pressure from the opposite side of the line?
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #2
real

Default Re: Can someone calrify a portion of Kubiak's press conference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Is Greed View Post
I'm not familiar with some of the football terminology. Is Kubiak saying that Miami was doubling Mario, so we dropped Mario into zone and brought pressure from the opposite side of the line?
LMAO!!! I don't think football terminology is what's got you confused...try that freakin run-on sentence....
Old 10-03-2006   #3
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Is Greed View Post
But yeah thats basically what he's saying....except I don't see the doubling part...
Old 10-03-2006   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

What he is saying is they are sliding protection his way. As in (i think) they are doubling him if need be but not directly doubling him. In case he gets through they are sliding extra guys that way to pick him off, so they blitz from the other side to overtake the weak side of the offensive protection. This is what I think, couldn't tell you for sure.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #5
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
What he is saying is they are sliding protection his way. As in (i think) they are doubling him if need be but not directly doubling him. In case he gets through they are sliding extra guys that way to pick him off, so they blitz from the other side to overtake the weak side of the offensive protection. This is what I think, couldn't tell you for sure.
I thought so. I did see Miami doing this as well.

On one play Mario spun past one lineman and another came his way and locked him up.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Nah, they are not doubling Mario or slidig protection his way.

Only Reggie Bush is worthy of such "attention" to warrant the creation or utilization of special gameplanning by the opponent's coordinator(s).

I mean, Mario doesn't even a sack....errr, wait a tick: Mario DOES have a sack!

Sorry. I was mindlessly repeating the East Coast media mantra and forgot that our number one pick has a sack and Jesus Bush doesn't have a TD yet.

My bad.

Old 10-04-2006   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

Sliding protection to the weakside is pretty normal. There's usually no TE on that side, so often either a back is responsible for chipping or helping on the weakside or the line as a unit works from right to left, giving the LG some responsibility with the DE- certainly the playcall and defensive alignment have a lot to do with it.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2006   #8
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

some peoples comments flow really well when converted to print, from what i've seen so far Kubiak is NOT one of those guys. he tends to ramble and trying to print that is an all day job. just my oppinion ofcourse. what I got out of it was if people were lining up to "help out" on marios side and they dropped mario in zone, hopefully they pull those guys away from the pocket and make it weaker for our guys that are in the rush . I could be wrong....
Old 10-04-2006   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
As my online professor says it, "It is a college course and we must use professional terminology and concepts in our assignments and responses otherwise it will be just a conversation." Dude this messeage board is just conversation. It does not matter if the english has to be perfect unless you are in college. This is just my point of view anyway.

Go away...get a life...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read