Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2006   #1
ravinaznt
Rookie

Default wali lundy speed

Lundy ran a 4.48 at the combine...http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=11632

Drew ran a 4.39 at the combine...http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=15553

And Lundy had a quicker time in the 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone drill, but not by much.

I got this from the other tread.. so if he is faster than any of our running back we have why not start him again.. is it becuase of blitz pickup.. i thought he did well with that...??

Last edited by ravinaznt; 10-03-2006 at 04:15 PM. Reason: cant get link to work
ravinaznt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #2
real

Default Re: wali lundy speed

Your links don't work...and are you talking about Maurice Drew ??? What does he have to do with us ???
Old 10-03-2006   #3
ravinaznt
Rookie

it working now...well it show that he up to par with drew and if drew is starting and is rookie why not let lundy start
Old 10-03-2006   #4
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinaznt View Post
it working now...well it show that he up to par with drew and if drew is starting and is rookie why not let lundy start
1) I don't think He starts
2) It takes more than a good 40 time to be a good back in the leauge
Old 10-03-2006   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They let him play and he dropped the rock...that's a big no-no, but it happens to all of them at some point. I would like to see him get a few more carries in a game to see how he plays in the real ones. He did have a lot of hype in the preseason and looked good in those games. He had some first game jitters just like the rest of them, but they never gave him a chance to get over them. I think that his speed with Dayne & Gado's power running would be a nice 1-2 punch for other teams. Mix it up a little and see what happens.
Old 10-03-2006   #6
ravinaznt
Rookie

well the way i see it.. we need speed instead of slow running back that dont do anything... just my opinion
Old 10-03-2006   #7
real

Quote:
well the way i see it.. we need speed instead of slow running back that dont do anything... just my opinion
I agree with you on that...I think our running backs are a problem...maybe not the biggest problem but at some point it should be addressed...I'm just not sure Lundy is the answer.
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2006   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
2) It takes more than a good 40 time to be a good back in the leauge
Exactually look at Reggie Bush.

I'm sorry, just thought every thread is suppose to have Reggie mentioned.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is a difference between initial burst and straight line speed. If your 40 time is correct it gives a good example because in a straight line he is faster than DD but his initial burst to the hole has not been close yet. That burst is far more important in getting the 1st 5 yards.
Old 10-03-2006   #10
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I don't really care about speed, the reason I wanna see Lundy back in there was because he did something our other backs haven't done yet. Cut back. He didn't do it everytime, but considering he only had one shot to do it in the first game of the season it looked like he was starting to get the hang of it. He deserves a second chance.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

i just want a back with at least a little vision... both gado and dayne have missed holes badly.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #12
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Exactually look at Reggie Bush.

I'm sorry, just thought every thread is suppose to have Reggie mentioned.
what about carr's 40 time
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak said (more or less) yesterday that they may have thrown too much at Lundy and they are giving him a break. Kubiak said both Lundy and Chris Taylor will contribute greatly to this team before season's end.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Kubiak said (more or less) yesterday that they may have thrown too much at Lundy and they are giving him a break. Kubiak said both Lundy and Chris Taylor will contribute greatly to this team before season's end.
If Kubiak is anything like any other coach in that league, that means NEXT YEAR. And, when it does happen, it won't be as much as he says.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Should anyone expect a sixth rounder or an undrafted FA to do anything in their rookie year? If it's next year - or any year - for either of those two, I'm good with it.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read