Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jerome Mathis

I haven't heard his name in a while. Someone want to fill me in?
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

He got hurt in the Pro Bowl, tried to rehab it, and it hasn't healed.
Old 08-22-2006   #3
whiskeyrbl

Due back in Oct. I believe.
Old 08-22-2006   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Due back around week 4 is my understanding ..... If PBuch continues to produce on returns I could invision him going to the pup list which would keep him out until the 6th week I believe .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a review: Link: Pro Bowler Jerome Mathis injured for start of season

They were talking October, but you just never know.
Old 08-22-2006   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

What week is the bye? That could help decide if he's on the pup or not.

Last edited by rmartin65; 08-22-2006 at 03:34 PM.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #7
Divebomb
Veteran

What a shame, that guy is going to be missed.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2006   #8
Cheroqui
Veteran

Default Jerome Mathis

Hey when is Jerome Mathis expected back anyway? I thought this guy was projected to be out for 8 weeks and that was when in the off season at the start of our free agency draft/picks.

Any info?
Old 09-12-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He was placed on PUP. Here is the official rule for the PUP:

P.U.P. rules

Players placed on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform are allowed to begin practicing with the team after the conclusion of the sixth regular-season weekend and continuing after the conclusion of the ninth regular-season weekend. The practice period is not to exceed 21 days. Any time during that 21-day period, teams are allowed to restore the player to the Reserve/PUP list or to the active roster.
Old 09-12-2006   #10
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
He was placed on PUP. Here is the official rule for the PUP:

P.U.P. rules

Players placed on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform are allowed to begin practicing with the team after the conclusion of the sixth regular-season weekend and continuing after the conclusion of the ninth regular-season weekend. The practice period is not to exceed 21 days. Any time during that 21-day period, teams are allowed to restore the player to the Reserve/PUP list or to the active roster.

Your signature is hilarious ..... no what were we discussing?
Old 09-12-2006   #11
gtexan02
Working?

thanks!
Old 09-13-2006   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking week 6. I may be wrong.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #13
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I was thinking week 6. I may be wrong.
that is my understanding we can bring him back for Dallas game
Old 10-03-2006   #14
|The.Brand0n|
Rookie

Default Jerome Mathis

Does anyone have any updated info on my dawg Jerome? I know he's on the PUP and cant come back until after Week 6, but I'm really ready for him to come back and have us starting from the 45 every drive ...
Old 10-03-2006   #15
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: Jerome Mathis

Quote:
Originally Posted by |The.Brand0n| View Post
Does anyone have any updated info on my dawg Jerome? I know he's on the PUP and cant come back until after Week 6, but I'm really ready for him to come back and have us starting from the 45 every drive ...

Kubes said Wong would prob be back a couple of weeks after the Cowboy game and Jerome would come sometime after that more than likely. At least that is what I think I heard.
Old 10-03-2006   #16
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Who else will we be missing for the Dallas game?
Old 10-03-2006   #17
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I too look for a return by JM. He offers Billy Whiteshoes excitement the others have not instilled in me.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #18
gtexan02
Working?

I agree it'd be nice to have him back, but at this point, he's not going to make a huge difference.

Mathis (2005): Returns 54 for 1542, 28.6 avg
Sheppherd (2006): Returns 8 for 225, 28.1 avg

So unless Sheppherd has a huge dropoff or we are 1/2 a yard short of the goaline, Sheppherd has been a great substitute so far.

PS: Edell is probably better in the passing game than Mathis was
Old 10-03-2006   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I agree it'd be nice to have him back, but at this point, he's not going to make a huge difference.

Mathis (2005): Returns 54 for 1542, 28.6 avg
Sheppherd (2006): Returns 8 for 225, 28.1 avg

So unless Sheppherd has a huge dropoff or we are 1/2 a yard short of the goaline, Sheppherd has been a great substitute so far.

PS: Edell is probably better in the passing game than Mathis was
I think Shepherd will be the guy from here on out. I remember over the offseason Kubiak saying something to the extent that he wants a return man that can also be an effective receiver. Shepherd's done pretty well at both.

Hate to say it, but I think that Mathis will probably get traded this offseason.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #20
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

Not unless Shep takes atleast 1 to the house, because we know Mathis can

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read