Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

A journey of 10,000 miles begins with a single step

B

Barkley

As negative as I have been on this board, I must admit that I finally saw some positive things from our #1 pick and the team overall on Sunday. This team has a looooong way to go, but I believe that we took our first step towards a new era and away from old baggage this past week. I still think that we may only win 4 or 5 games this season, but that's a heck of a lot better than 1 or 2. Regardless of wins/losses let's hope to see continous improvement and wave bye/bye to the embarrasing losses we have experienced over the last 20 games or so.

Go Texans!

I agree, and loved the way the defense was feeding off each other, the momentum and energy was a real tangible thing. I am hopeful we will progress from this point on, but I have to question richard smith in waiting till now to put some real blitzes and fake blitz schemes into the game. the first two games I think we all figured we would lose anway, but I think if we blitzed washington the outcome would have been different. I hope we build on the energy of the strong defensive playcalling and effort and dont fall back . If we keep moving forward we could still have a respectable season with much hope for next year.

We might want to hide this thread, because Chad Stanley might see it. We do not need to suffer his wrath and experience the apocalypse sooner than expected.

well i think mario we will see more production from mario now that he has finally got the monkey off his back to get a sack. i also think mario will perform better on the road as well because there isnt much pressure to succeed from the fans (in dallas) rookies tend to perform better on the road for a little while because u dont have 60000 fans staring u down in ur prescense expecting you to perform. this little roadtrip for the texans will be nice. dallas will definitely be a good test. dunta better bring his a-game to defend terry glenn or TO....im more worried about terry glenn at this point. im encouraged with how we wrapped up the homestand b4 the bye....even though miami has issues at offensive line, it is still a confidence booster for many...especially mario.

I agree, and loved the way the defense was feeding off each other, the momentum and energy was a real tangible thing. I am hopeful we will progress from this point on, but I have to question richard smith in waiting till now to put some real blitzes and fake blitz schemes into the game. the first two games I think we all figured we would lose anway, but I think if we blitzed washington the outcome would have been different. I hope we build on the energy of the strong defensive playcalling and effort and dont fall back . If we keep moving forward we could still have a respectable season with much hope for next year.

I enjoyed watching the defensive playcalling this week as well. The only problem I have is when we go up against a good team that can pick up the blitz fairly well, we're going to suffer big time in the secondary. I don't think we have a good enough secondary to win against good teams at this point. I guess we'll see, but I think our DBs are likely to get beat badly against the Brokebacks. I hope I'm wrong, but going by what I've seen so far, it doesn't look good.:twocents:

Back