Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2006   #1
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2-Point Conversion Video

Ok, here is the video of the 2-point conversion to clear things up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK8Dt2gJ7i0

For those saying that Dunta looked mad or upset after the play and that's why he took his helmet off, I think you are mistaken. Look after the play is over and you can see #92, I think it's Weaver, helping him to the sideline and it looks like Dunta is in some pain. Just my , but I think people are looking for things that aren't there. I have criticized Dunta for his play this year just as much as the next guy, but come on fans! Are we really looking at this and harping on him about it? Yes, he did blow coverage on this play. Yes, he has been getting beaten repeatedly. No, he did not take his helmet off and sit on the field when this play was over. Stop making things up people, you see what you want to see.

Oh yeah, it was nice to see Mario yip the ball on this play.
Old 10-03-2006   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2-Point Conversion Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
No, he did not take his helmet off and sit on the field when this play was over. Stop making things up people, you see what you want to see

BS--your video even shows Dunta on the field. Lewis Sanders leans over to him at the :14 mark. Not like I needed to see the video since I sit on the front row on that side of the field at the 10 yd line and Dunta sat down only a few yards away. You could see the emotion on his face as he walked by.
Old 10-03-2006   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

BS--your video even shows Dunta on the field. Lewis Sanders leans over to him at the :14 mark. Not like I needed to see the video since I sit on the front row on that side of the field at the 10 yd line and Dunta sat down only a few yards away. You could see the emotion on his face as he walked by.
I see the emotion on his face when he is leaving the field and it looks like pain. Just a thought Infantry, if he took his helmet off for no reason wouldn't the ref have thrown a flag? The ref walked up to him when Weaver was helping him off the field and said something to him. I would imagine that if he had no reason for taking his helmet off (injury/wind knocked out of him) that he would have been penalized. JMHO
Old 10-03-2006   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see the emotion on his face when he is leaving the field and it looks like pain.
Fine everyone can have an opinion on interpreting his face. I gave mine. I saw Dunta on the field with his helmet off with my own eyes so that was not something being made up, i.e. a lie, as you alleged.

Quote:
Just a thought Infantry, if he took his helmet off for no reason wouldn't the ref have thrown a flag?
I don't know the rule exactly but players take there helmets off a ton and don't get flagged for it unless they chuck their helmet or do so in anger so they can jaw jack at someone.
Old 10-03-2006   #5
Rightnow
Veteran

I heard Weaver on the radio last night saying that he helped Dunta off the field because Dunta was emotionally and physically spent right then. Someone asked Dunta what Weaver had said, and Dunta couldn't even remember.

It is possible that Weaver picked him up because he saw him take his helmat off and didn't want a penalty.
Old 10-03-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to spread the rep. Thanks for the headsup on this. I don't suppose you have the YouTube of Gado blowing up Zach Thomas, do you? Might make a nice avatar.

Anyway, I put the YouTube on the AOL blog along with some background information I found about the play on the net:

The Dolphin's Stupid Two-Point Conversion Attempt
Old 10-03-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Anyway, I put the YouTube on the AOL blog along with some background information I found about the play on the net:

The Dolphin's Stupid Two-Point Conversion Attempt
This is from the Miami Herald article (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...l/15664784.htm) you linked to:

Quote:
But it didn't work. Why?

According to players who watched the tape of the game with coaches, receiver Chris Chambers was effectively jammed at the line of scrimmage and was not able to get a good release to get open. Receiver Marty Booker, open in the back of the end zone, actually lost his footing as the ball flew toward him.

Quarterback Daunte Culpepper, asked to block on the play, missed the block, allowing defensive end Mario Williams to tip the pass.
I like the analysis and inside reporting that was provided about the team. I'd like to have that here.
Old 10-03-2006   #8
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

in the 2 point conv. video, its hard to see where the ball is tipped and who tipped it. it definitely got tipped, but its hard to find the player. everyone says its mario, even kubes, so im going to go along with that.
Old 10-03-2006   #9
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, if Mario doesn't tip that ball, the game would have been tied.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #10
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Everytime I see Travis Johnson run, I laugh.
JDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Man, if Mario doesn't tip that ball, the game would have been tied.
I might get flamed for this....but....When I was watching the game....It didn't look like Mario tipped that pass...So I watched it again...and again...and again.....Doesn't even look like it on the re-play....It looks like he is very late trying to swat the ball down....The ball is already over his head before he raises his hand....

But even IF he did tip the ball....I think those recievers just messed up an opprotunity to be a hero....One of them should have caught that ball...
Old 10-03-2006   #12
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I might get flamed for this....but....When I was watching the game....It didn't look like Mario tipped that pass...So I watched it again...and again...and again.....Doesn't even look like it on the re-play....It looks like he is very late trying to swat the ball down....The ball is already over his head before he raises his hand....

But even IF he did tip the ball....I think those recievers just messed up an opprotunity to be a hero....One of them should have caught that ball...

He did tip the ball. It doesn't show it very well in this clip, but they had a better clip that they showed Sunday night on "Football Night in America" on NBC before the Bears game and it had a much better angle where you could clearly see him get a finger or two on it. It may have been just enough to throw it off course. If the receiver hadn't fallen down though, he probably would have caught it anyways.
Old 10-03-2006   #13
real

Quote:
He did tip the ball. It doesn't show it very well in this clip, but they had a better clip that they showed Sunday night on "Football Night in America" on NBC before the Bears game and it had a much better angle where you could clearly see him get a finger or two on it. It may have been just enough to throw it off course. If the receiver hadn't fallen down though, he probably would have caught it anyways.
Is Mario the defender that runs past Culpepper ??
Old 10-03-2006   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Cjeremy635;460126]Ok, here is the video of the 2-point conversion to clear things up.
.... No, he did not take his helmet off and sit on the field when this play was over. Stop making things up people, you see what you want to see.

[quote]

Yes, he did take off his helmet after he sat down. Actually he tossed it aside and it ended up several feet away from where he was sitting - which happened to be right in front of my Section. I don't know why he struck the pose but I saw him reach for his head -- it could have just been an emotional response -- wasn't Booker his guy that he was supposed to follow across? I thought I heard Kubiak say that last night.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #15
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
No, Mario is on the goal line. He sees the play going to the left and runs down the line of scrimmage and tips the ball as it crosses the goal line. Look closely and you will see it.
Old 10-03-2006   #16
real

Quote:
No, Mario is on the goal line. He sees the play going to the left and runs down the line of scrimmage and tips the ball as it crosses the goal line. Look closely and you will see it.
Ok...Well yeah it was him who tipped it....

Can you imagine if he's have picked it off .... that'd have been sweet X6
Old 10-03-2006   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No. Mario is at about the 1 yard line running parallel to the goal line when he tipped it. Mario crashed hard inside at the snap and then reversed and took off in pursuit of McMichael (81) who went in motion right - set- then came back across to the left at the goal line. TJ (99) is the guy with the initial pressure on C-Pep.

Last edited by aj.; 10-03-2006 at 12:57 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #18
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

[quote=aj.;460378][quote=Cjeremy635;460126]Ok, here is the video of the 2-point conversion to clear things up.
.... No, he did not take his helmet off and sit on the field when this play was over. Stop making things up people, you see what you want to see.

Quote:

Yes, he did take off his helmet after he sat down. Actually he tossed it aside and it ended up several feet away from where he was sitting - which happened to be right in front of my Section. I don't know why he struck the pose but I saw him reach for his head -- it could have just been an emotional response -- wasn't Booker his guy that he was supposed to follow across? I thought I heard Kubiak say that last night.

I didn't see that on the TV (wasn't lucky enough to be there in person). I have no doubt that he was frustrated with blowing coverage, but I could not see him throw his helmet down on the field from my view (the couch). I'm just saying that if you look at his response coming off the field it looked like he was in pain. If that was a response to blowing your assignment then I think it was way too theatrical and outlandish.
Old 10-03-2006   #19
real

Quote:
If that was a response to blowing your assignment then I think it was way too theatrical and outlandish.
You'd be surprised at that the effect a long football game with so much emotion can have on you....
Old 10-03-2006   #20
goodnews boy
Rookie

Quote:

What? Watch the path of the ball. It changed as the ball passed the blur. Now, why would Mario lie and say he tipped it if he didn't. He already got his 1 1/2 sacks.
goodnews boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read