Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2006   #1
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Vote for Mario

Mario is up for Pepsi Rookie of the Week.

http://www.nfl.com/rookies/vote

V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #2
sleepwalker
Veteran

Default Re: Vote for Mario

I voted.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Voted, tough to bypass Marques though - he's having a good season so far.

But, the homer in me gave Mario a vote.... but he's in 4th right now.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #4
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Well, Im proud of the guy for getting his 1.5 sacks. It's a start but still needs to improve more.
Old 10-03-2006   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for him as well, but there is no way he beats out Maroney....that guy is awesome.
Old 10-03-2006   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Voted, but he is WAY behind.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #7
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know how old Mario is? I read somewhere he was 19. Man, he is a baby!!!! A BIG baby! LOL That is young.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2006   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

IIRC, Mario is 23. I think I read somewhere he is the youngest starter in the league.

He came out of school as a true junior and not a redshirt junior.
Old 10-03-2006   #9
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

I voted for Mario, but I think Maroney will win simply because he has done well every week so far. Maroney was beat out the first week by Bush (and DeMeco should have won) even though I thought he had better numbers. Keep it going Mario and we will see you on here again soon. (hopefully after the Dallas WIN when he get 2 more sacks)
Texans Front Row Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #10
ronaldod1
Rookie

As I was watching the Packers vs. Eagles game last night I saw A.J. Hawk sack McNabb and I saw him recover a fumble. The reaction was as it would have been if it were any other player in the league. Mario Williams notches a sack and a half with TWO other tackles against one of the worst O-lines in the league and all of a sudden he goes from bust to Lord Mario "I Told you so" Williams. He's still such a big work in progress and I'd love to see the day when plays like the ONE he made sunday are expected. In my opinion he really shouldn't be on that list with those other guys.
ronaldod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Maroney. I voted for maroney.
Old 10-03-2006   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
Does anyone know how old Mario is? I read somewhere he was 19. Man, he is a baby!!!! A BIG baby! LOL That is young.
Mario was born on 1/31/85, which makes him 21.
Old 10-03-2006   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't mean to be insulting to him, but does Mario even deserve to be in that list? All the other candidates look like they achieved much more this week. I'm glad he's getting better and all, but I'm surprised he's even in it right now.

I did vote for Williams though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
Maroney. I voted for maroney.
Honestly i almost did...but I voted for Mario just because he's a Texan...But in no way shape or form does he deserve it more than the others on the list....
Old 10-03-2006   #15
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Moroney.. Even though Mario had a better game than usual so far, and just because he is on the Texans does not make me vote for him for ROW. Now if MW can do that weekly, then in time he might just get it.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #16
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I voted for Moroney.. Even though Mario had a better game than usual so far, and just because he is on the Texans does not make me vote for him for ROW. Now if MW can do that weekly, then in time he might just get it.
How politically correct you are....
Old 10-03-2006   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maroney will win it. He looks so amazing. I didn't understand why Belichick took him instead of DeAngelo Williams, but now I know. IMHO the Patriots have made the best 1st round picks in the past two years.

Mario is the Defensive Rookie of the Week, though!
Old 10-03-2006   #18
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Mario was born on 1/31/85, which makes him 21.
Thanks. Well that's a little better. Think how much you grow up mentally between the ages of 18 and 22. Just a thought. Just never stopped to realize how young so many of the players really are. LOL That's why Kubes is calling them "kids".
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #19
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Maroney. That guy tore it up.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #20
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

call me a bad fan, but i voted for maroney. im unbiased. (try to be anyways)

nothing against mario, i just think there were others that performed better. sorry guys.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read