Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2006   #1
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80
Question Anyone else think it would have been different with DD?

I personally think that we could have gone 3-1 in our first four if we still had Davis.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone else think it would have been different with DD?

No, I wouldn't say 3-1, but I would say 2-2 with us beating Washington and not getting stomped so bad by Philly and Indy.

Sad part is I think we might very well have gotten the same result by starting Morency in game #1, going with him, and not trading him, but we'll never know now.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I say 3-1 with DD. I don't think Philly wins that game if the Texans could establish some sort of ball control.

We have a passing game, Carr, AJ, Moulds, O.D. We just don't have a running game. Unless Kubiak wants to surrender to that fact, and do what the Raiders did in there Super-Bowl run, its going to be a long season.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #4
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stros5Texans80 View Post
I personally think that we could have gone 3-1 in our first four if we still had Davis.
Yes I do I think atleast 2-2, Dayne and Samkon miss cut back lanes............They hit the hole and then barry their head into the back of lineman, Domanick will hit those cut lanes and get yards that are not there.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #5
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Not sure a healthy Davis puts us over Indy, but I could see us as potentially beating both Philly and the Skins with a legitimate running threat and improved ball control.
Old 10-03-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I say 3-1 with DD. I don't think Philly wins that game if the Texans could establish some sort of ball control.

We have a passing game, Carr, AJ, Moulds, O.D. We just don't have a running game. Unless Kubiak wants to surrender to that fact, and do what the Raiders did in there Super-Bowl run, its going to be a long season.
I could definitely see us winning the Philly & Washington Games if we had DD.... Indy as well. I don' t think it would have happened, our OLine has been that bad. We aren't even running any zone blocking.... I think we tried once Sunday.

From Leftgaurd to RightTackle, we have last year's OLine, you'd think they'd be able to do a better job run blocking, but I don't see it.... I don't know what the deal is.

I'm a big DD fan, I think he'd have done more to keep us on the field longer, but I don't see a definite win if he was with us.

I'm hoping people see that it takes more than 4.3 speed, and good moves to gain a yard in the NFL. Whatever that intangible is that makes it happen, DD had it, and you don't just trade that away for the next hot thing, when there is no gaurantee that he has it. Seriously, this is no knock on Reggie, but to think he'd be doing any better on our team than he is doing in NewOrleans, when they are throwing the ball & running the ball pretty well, would just be silly.

That 4.3 speed is jawdropping, and the open field vision is truely aweinspiring. But you got to get him out there in the open field first, and that just don't happen as often, or easily in the NFL.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

I think Kubiak is smart enough to go with what is working. The only thing that has stopped us from having over 300 yards passing so far, has been our offensive line, and a few funky looking plays...... the fumbles.

I'm also glad that Kubiak is smart enough not to give up on the running game completely. That's exactly what the other team wants us to do. If he did, you can say goodbye to the passing TDs, the QB naked bootleg into the endzone, & DanteCullpepper being the most sacked QB in the NFl.
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2006   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think with a healthy running game we could be 2-2. You have to keep in mind that while having a running game is going to take away some of the other teams drives (which is good) it's not going to stop them on the drives they still have. Washington rolled over our defense. They probably still win that game even if we have a good running game.

Phily was a closer game than Washington. With a real running game I think we win our opener and this Miami game but lose to Indy and Washington.
Old 10-03-2006   #9
real

A LOT OF YOU ARE CONTRADICTING YOURSELVES IN THIS THREAD....YOU SAY DD WOULD IMPROVE OUR RUN GAME, BUT WHEN I STARTED A THREAD OL vs. RB....MANY OF YOU PICKED OL AS THE PROBLEM....AND SOME HAVE EVEN GONE AS FAR AS TO GIVE US AN EXTRA WIN "IF DD WAS PLAYING" PUUUHHHHLEEEEEZZZ
Old 10-03-2006   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
A LOT OF YOU ARE CONTRADICTING YOURSELVES IN THIS THREAD....YOU SAY DD WOULD IMPROVE OUR RUN GAME, BUT WHEN I STARTED A THREAD OL vs. RB....MANY OF YOU PICKED OL AS THE PROBLEM....AND SOME HAVE EVEN GONE AS FAR AS TO GIVE US AN EXTRA WIN "IF DD WAS PLAYING" PUUUHHHHLEEEEEZZZ
why don't you call them out by name...... the ones contradicting themselves.

I for one, believe that DD will give us a better running game, because that's what he does. Produce behind a bad line. That's what he's been doing for three years now.

The one game most of us are giving us with DD, is the Philly game, where we didn't see much of Dayne, and didn't even have Gado.... so, there really isn't any contradiction there.

We've seen RonDayne produce in our other games. The difference between those games, and the Miami game, Dayne was getting hit several times before he got to the LOS, or there was no hole.
Old 10-03-2006   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
why don't you call them out by name...... the ones contradicting themselves.

I for one, believe that DD will give us a better running game, because that's what he does. Produce behind a bad line. That's what he's been doing for three years now.

The one game most of us are giving us with DD, is the Philly game, where we didn't see much of Dayne, and didn't even have Gado.... so, there really isn't any contradiction there.

We've seen RonDayne produce in our other games. The difference between those games, and the Miami game, Dayne was getting hit several times before he got to the LOS, or there was no hole.
Or he missed the hole and ran into a group of defenders...
Old 10-03-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

NOT different with DD... why? HE doesn't play DEFENSE...

how would DD make a difference if he couldn't be on the field?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
Or he missed the hole and ran into a group of defenders...
Yeah....... look like they took the run game back to square one. You don't give the runningback the freedom to find the hole, or ad-lib, or look for a cut back. I don't know if that's what happened.

He produced well in Denver in a limited role.... he started Training camp as the starter, to replace MikeAnderson, leapfrogging TatumBell.

He's going to do fine with us, just be a little morer patient. Remember, he became a Texan 5 days before the Philly game.
Old 10-03-2006   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah....... look like they took the run game back to square one. You don't give the runningback the freedom to find the hole, or ad-lib, or look for a cut back. I don't know if that's what happened.

He produced well in Denver in a limited role.... he started Training camp as the starter, to replace MikeAnderson, leapfrogging TatumBell.

He's going to do fine with us, just be a little morer patient. Remember, he became a Texan 5 days before the Philly game.
Morency went to Green Bay 2 weeks ago and put up almost 100 yards rushing last night. Dayne was in Denver with Kubiak so he should be familiar with Kubiak and his offense.
Old 10-03-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
Morency went to Green Bay 2 weeks ago and put up almost 100 yards rushing last night. Dayne was in Denver with Kubiak so he should be familiar with Kubiak and his offense.
Morency did not get 100 yards against Philly here in Houston..... in fact, it was right after that game that he got the boot.

Heck, I remember it like it was yesterday. Looked like we were going to get a big gain from Vernand...... I had been waiting for it..... I wondered why Lundy got the start at all.....

He catches a short screen, or maybe it was a pitch(ok, so it wasn't like Yesterday) & Vernand is taking off...... he's got to be going close to full speed, & he tries to juke the corner about ten yards in front of him....... would've been fine, but for some reason he thought that would be a good time for a double move...... he then trips over his own two feet(& possibly a cleat)....

I like Morency.... I think we should have kept him over Lundy(if we were going to be trading anybody)..... I didn't and don't like the Morency for Gado trade. But I would not trade Dayne for Morency.

I hope Morency has earned himself a starting job in GreenBay. & I hope he goes to the ProBowl for the NFC......

You think Kubiak did the right thing giving Carr an extra $8 million. I thought it was a gamble of the biggest/worse kind. It kinda looks like it's working out in OUR (yours mine, and all the fans in Houston)'s favor.

relax, give it some time. Gary Kubiak knows a thing or two about running the football.
Old 10-03-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...relax, give it some time. Gary Kubiak knows a thing or two about running the football.

Oh, good! Maybe he can run it for us, cuz nobody else is.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #17
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
NOT different with DD... why? HE doesn't play DEFENSE...

how would DD make a difference if he couldn't be on the field?
If we could get some good running in we would hold the ball longer, and keep the D off the field.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL View Post
If we could get some good running in we would hold the ball longer, and keep the D off the field.
Bull....... we ran the ball well against Washington & Indy..... not against Philly(Dayne saw limited duty, and Gado wasn't on our roster just yet)

Against Indy, either Carr fumbled, got sacked, or someone dropped a ball. Same thing in Washington. The only reason we were in 3rd & long situations (for the most part) was because we got sacked, fumbled the ball, penalized ourselves, or failed to complete a pass on 2nd & long.

Same against Washington.
Old 10-03-2006   #19
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bull....... we ran the ball well against Washington & Indy.....
Are you kidding me look at the stats 61 total rushing yards Yards against Washington.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20060924_WAS@HOU

108 total rushing against Indy

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20060917_HOU@IND

To me that is not running the ball well. The 108 was not bad, but it is not well either.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL View Post
Are you kidding me look at the stats 61 total rushing yards Yards against Washington.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20060924_WAS@HOU

108 total rushing against Indy

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20060917_HOU@IND

To me that is not running the ball well. The 108 was not bad, but it is not well either.
And that 108 against Indy was against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read