Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-02-2006   #1
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow Ted Ginn, Jr.

I just watched some highlights of this guy on YouTube, and it was unbelievable. I think he is atleast as good as Reggie Bush and he looks taller with a long lean build. He has just blazing speed. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was like someone had Fast Forward on him while everyone else was moving at normal speed. Has there been any talk of this guy coming out of college early?
Old 10-02-2006   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ted Ginn, Jr.

Im sure he will come out this year. No doubt.

Are you hoping for him to be a Texan? I still think we need defensive help. Safety, and OLB are problems IMO.

1. LaRon Landry L.S.U. 6-2 202 4.50
2. Brandon Meriweather Miami (FL) 6-0 195 4.45
3. Michael Griffin Texas 6-0 205
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

ginn is still extremely raw. just a speed guy at this point, in terms of NFL projection.
Quote:
1. LaRon Landry L.S.U. 6-2 202 4.50
2. Brandon Meriweather Miami (FL) 6-0 195 4.45
3. Michael Griffin Texas 6-0 205
i'd take anthony redick over all three of these guys. too bad he's not coming out.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Ginn to stay another year so that we can say he's just Moulds' replacement...like that's gonna happen...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
ginn is still extremely raw. just a speed guy at this point, in terms of NFL projection.

i'd take anthony redick over all three of these guys. too bad he's not coming out.
I'd take Kenny Phillips over Reddick...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
I'd take Kenny Phillips over Reddick...
they'll both be top 10 picks next year. which is the most absurd thing ever.
Old 10-02-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
If there is a bonafide OL available when we pick in the first round next year I wouldn't be suprised if the Texans go with him.
joe thomas is better than d'brickashaw ferguson. if you get the chance, you take him, i don't care what team you are. unless of course you have a shot at brady quinn or calvin johnson, MAYBE. other than, you take thomas, period.

one of the reasons i almost kinda hope miami keeps playing the way we are.
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2006   #8
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just watched some highlights of this guy on YouTube, and it was unbelievable. I think he is atleast as good as Reggie Bush and he looks taller with a long lean build. He has just blazing speed. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was like someone had Fast Forward on him while everyone else was moving at normal speed. Has there been any talk of this guy coming out of college early?
He's a slimmer Devin Hester. I dunno about him in the NFL as a WR. At 170 pounds, he'd get killed by a Sean Taylor. He needs to be a cb IMO, like a Samari Rolle type....
Old 10-02-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Calvin Johnson looks better imo. He has the speed plus rediculous size
Old 10-02-2006   #10
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Calvin Johnson looks better imo. He has the speed plus rediculous size
and amazing hand stregth
i love calvin johnson
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Well if we added him we could have Johnson & Johnson.
That'd be sweet...
Old 10-02-2006   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
I know he is 170 now but couldn't he add some weight. I'm sure he would lose some speed in the process but it looks like he has plenty to spare.
I dont think he can add very much. He has a small frame. Listed at 170, but i would'nt be surprised if he's really 160-165..
Old 10-02-2006   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know he is 170 now but couldn't he add some weight. I'm sure he would lose some speed in the process but it looks like he has plenty to spare.
No No NEVER DO THIS. That's what defines him as a player. I would give Calvin Johnson the nod over Ted Ginn Jr. but in my opinion, you can't really go wrong with either guys. It just depends on what you need. I wouldn'tt mind having a fast slot guy to take passes the distance on the Texans, but maybe that's what Mathis is. Calvin Johnson looks alot like Andre Johnson did in college, maybe even better.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

andre johnson is definitely faster than calvin johnson. he was more of a deep burner than calvin. say what you want about calvin johnson having 4.3 speed or whatever, but he's still used primarily as a possession receiver. calvin has better hands without a doubt, and fights for the ball much better. overall, calvin is the better prospect. and i thought andre johnson was the #1 player in that draft. but i tend to think that about most guys from the U.
Old 10-03-2006   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
andre johnson is definitely faster than calvin johnson. he was more of a deep burner than calvin. say what you want about calvin johnson having 4.3 speed or whatever, but he's still used primarily as a possession receiver. calvin has better hands without a doubt, and fights for the ball much better. overall, calvin is the better prospect. and i thought andre johnson was the #1 player in that draft. but i tend to think that about most guys from the U.
You thought he was a better prospect that Carson Palmer?

Also, Charles Rogers was just as good of a prospect but had much better hands. He failed for a few reasons, most notably detroit, injuries, drugs, and apathy.
Old 10-03-2006   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

But back to the topic at hand.

Ginn Jr. is nothing to be excited about if you are a Texans fan. He is a much more hyped Mathis. He can turn a little quicker, but the speed and vision is the same. If you watch Ginn run routes, it is sloppy. His hands are iffy as well. He is a glorified KR IMO. I do not see him with a future at WR. I would not pick him unless he fell to the 2nd round.
Old 10-03-2006   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
But back to the topic at hand.

Ginn Jr. is nothing to be excited about if you are a Texans fan. He is a much more hyped Mathis. He can turn a little quicker, but the speed and vision is the same. If you watch Ginn run routes, it is sloppy. His hands are iffy as well. He is a glorified KR IMO. I do not see him with a future at WR. I would not pick him unless he fell to the 2nd round.
Yeah..I am not too fond of him either....He is fast....
Old 10-03-2006   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea, kinda reminds me of Bethel Johnson.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #19
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Yea, kinda reminds me of Bethel Johnson.
The reason you never hear about some of the better players in college is because of guys like Ginn...People are addicted to speed and sometimes forget it takes more than a 4.3 to actually be a good player on Sunday...Ginn will probably go in the first due to hype....
Old 10-03-2006   #20
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
The reason you never hear about some of the better players in college is because of guys like Ginn...People are addicted to speed and sometimes forget it takes more than a 4.3 to actually be a good player on Sunday...Ginn will probably go in the first due to hype....
Yeah. He and Troy Smith are both WAY overhyped. I still think the best QB on athletic ability alone is JaMarcus Russle.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read