Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-02-2006   #1
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Morency starting against Eagles

Just heard on ESPN Monday Night Countdown that Morency will start in place of Ahman Green (hamstring). Hopefully we didn't trade away a good back.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #2
texflex513
All Pro

Default Re: Morency starting against Eagles

GO VERNAND!!! I hope he does well.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he does well, too. I've always like Morency, so there's no reason to stop rooting for him now.
Old 10-02-2006   #4
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency is a good back if when he wants to be, i didnt like the trade to much

go vernand
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

That's definitely a motivator to watch tonights game.
I to hope Morency has a good game tonight. I suspect Mr. Favre will say something to him if he doesn't pick up a blitz, one of the reasons, reportedly, the Texans traded him.
Good luck Vernand !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh-oh. As a Texan I want him to not do well. With all of the confidence talk today, this could kill us if he plays well as the featured back. The Texans personnel team is most likely biting their nails.
Old 10-02-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just heard it as well. I hope he has a great game. I guess I'll find out if the hissy fit I threw after we traded Vernand was worth the energy or not...
Old 10-02-2006   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
I guess I'll find out if the hissy fit I threw after we traded Vernand was worth the energy or not...
I was a fan of Vernand myself, and I still think he's better than whoever else
we've got on our roster. Don't think we've got anybody with his quickness,
which is sure an element we are missing in out backfield. I hope I'm wrong.
But this is a game he can tell his grand kids about some day. He's starting in
his first NFL game on MNF with one of the greatest of our time in the backfield
with him.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked Morency...but Gado has the better story....I see no other positive
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I was a fan of Vernand myself, and I still think he's better than whoever else
we've got on our roster. Don't think we've got anybody with his quickness,
which is sure an element we are missing in out backfield. I hope I'm wrong.
But this is a game he can tell his grand kids about some day. He's starting in
his first NFL game on MNF with one of the greatest of our time in the backfield
with him.
I just hope he does well tonight. I like the guy and still wish he was here. He impressed me during the preseason and I wanted to see him on the field during the regular season, I think he got all of 3 carries in the regular season before being traded. I was shocked when I heard about the trade.
Old 10-02-2006   #11
Boxscore
All Pro

first carry 0 yards
1st pass completion almost 10 yards
Old 10-02-2006   #12
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Might've had his 1st TD as a Packer if Favre hadn't thrown it out the back of the endzone w/o even looking at him. So far, he looks like a solid outlet receiver for GB.
Old 10-02-2006   #13
Boxscore
All Pro

mcnabb can't hand the ball off. It wasn't even close to being a clean handoff
Old 10-02-2006   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency is doing really well. The he had like 6 straight run/pass plays.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

VerMo Fumble.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #16
jniner
Rookie

looks like this was a big mistake keeping lundy over him... he has so much potential.
jniner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #17
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

And Houston is seeing why they made a mistake of letting Morency go. Forget that one step and hit the hole. Who said he couldn't do it? Picked up right where he left off in the preseason. Still running hard, hitting the hole fast when it is there and punishing the linebackers when he gets there. Ok, a fumble, but besides that, he rebounded pretty nice!
Old 10-02-2006   #18
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish Morency well and was sorry to see him go.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #19
texan279
Hall of Fame

Besides the fumble he has looked pretty good IMO. I'm getting upset about the trade all over again...
Old 10-02-2006   #20
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

he's seen a lot of the eagles this year hasnt he lol
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read