Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-02-2006   #1
AtheGreat
Veteran

Default ROY predictions

So, the season is 1/4 over and I think its been somewhat enough time to see how the '06 class has done so far. Just wondering who yall think deserves the rookie of the year. I got:

OFFENSE:

Laurence Moroney

dude has been decent for the first 3 weeks, and this 4th week against the bengels sealed it for me. not just the fact he ate up yards, its how he ran. looked like the dude was on meth, super fast, super aggressive.

DEFENCE:

DeMeco Ryans

ok ok, you can check my upper lip, no kool-aide stains, i promise. honestly, the guys is 4th in the leauge in tackles behind some stellar vetrans. even when he doesn't get the tackle, dude seems to always be right there. he's slowly putting a face to a defence and will walk away from this season with 100+ tackles, a INT or 2 ,and a few FF/FR. good enough numbers for this years defensive ROY.

in a close second is Manny Lawson. that other guy from NC state is racking up the sacks over in SF. wouldn't be suprised to see him get the ROY either.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ROY predictions

it's a shame all the star rookie RB's are sharing the load with pro bowlers.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #3
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I would wait and see if Deshaun Foster gets hurt anytime soon. If he does then expect DeAngelo Williams to get alot of carries and possibly emerge as one of the top rookie RB's in the league.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #4
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

demeco is in the top of the NFL in tackles because he is out there alot. the d-line doesnt stop the run well enough to get the defense off the field, and all the runs go into the 2nd level (the linebackers level). having said that, i still think that without a doubt he will get serious consideration and he is definitely legitimate. i just hope he doesnt get shafted by another defensive rookie playing on a playoff bound team like what happened to dunta robinson (getting shafted over vilma)
Old 10-02-2006   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle View Post
I would wait and see if Deshaun Foster gets hurt anytime soon. If he does then expect DeAngelo Williams to get alot of carries and possibly emerge as one of the top rookie RB's in the league.

Maroney is doing it with sharing carries.
Old 10-02-2006   #6
Texans86
All Pro

I'm definately thinking that Deangelo Williams will seal it up for the offense. He looks amazing. Demeco must seriously be considered for it, but he will probably need a few more sacks in there. If Mario can put up a decent sack line, I wouldn't count him out of it simply because he is better known.
Old 10-03-2006   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think Jerious Norwood looks the best out of all of the rookie running backs. He just isn't getting the touches.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a lot of good choices out there for Offensive Rookie of the Year so far. Defensive guys don't get as much of the spotlight in the national media though so I'm not sure how anyone else is doing besides Demeco.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been pimping DeAngelo Williams for OROY for a while now, but I also picked AJ Hawk...stepping away from the kool-aid, I pick Ernie Sims, though DeMeco is the definite frontrunner for DROY.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I think Jerious Norwood looks the best out of all of the rookie running backs. He just isn't getting the touches.
he's been great. but i think when it's all said and done, deangelo williams gets OROY. and tye hill gets DROY.
Old 10-03-2006   #11
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

OROY

Marques Colston- Saints

20 rec. 336 yards 3 TDs (makes a big play every week it seems)

DROY

DeMeco Ryans- Texans

Because I am a Texans and oh yeah one of the league leaders in tackles.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #12
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
demeco is in the top of the NFL in tackles because he is out there alot. the d-line doesnt stop the run well enough to get the defense off the field, and all the runs go into the 2nd level (the linebackers level)....
I don't understand how you can make this argument without having had watched everyone elses games...How do you know Manny Lawson isn't on the field a lot???
Old 10-03-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't understand how you can make this argument without having had watched everyone elses games...How do you know Manny Lawson isn't on the field a lot???
they're completely different positions, so i don't see the comparison.
Old 10-03-2006   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
they're completely different positions, so i don't see the comparison.
The discussion was ROY....
Old 10-03-2006   #15
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

I'm with V-Man on this one... you guys need to look all over the draft not just the first round.
Colston has picked up where Stallworth left off, not to mention outshine
Mr Fools Gold . Bress has a legit target.
DeMeco is going to win the DROY.
Old 10-03-2006   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
The discussion was ROY....
field time is irrevelant with the two positions. see: merriman vs. tatupu last year.
Old 10-03-2006   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
field time is irrevelant with the two positions. see: merriman vs. tatupu last year.
Field time is irrevelant regardless....
Old 10-03-2006   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense: Demeco.......sorry Mario.

Offense: Colston, Maroney or D. Williams & after watching GB last night it could be that kid Jennings that plays WR. The way all of these guys are playing, it could be either one.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #19
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

If it ended today.......still undecided on OROY but DROY is without a doubt Demeco Ryans hands down..........
Old 10-03-2006   #20
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
Maroney is doing it with sharing carries.
He still has alot more carries than Williams thus far. I am not trying to downplay Maroney's success but I think Williams will shine once he gets the chance.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read