Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-02-2006   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Official Texas vs. OU Thread

It's that time again....

Kickoff at 2:30. ABC has the broadcast. I just hope that Musberger isn't the announcer.

I think that this game will be better than it was last year. Having said that, I still think the Longhorns win.

Texas- 24
OU - 13
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #2
Frills
Veteran

Default Re: Official Texas vs. OU Thread

OU is a 5 point dog, and has a +192 moneyline.

Mack Brown is at least a 7 point difference in OU's favor, last year VY mitigated that with his speed, this year its business as usual. OU by a landslide and the UT fans are back to calling for his head.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #3
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills View Post
OU is a 5 point dog, and has a +192 moneyline.

Mack Brown is at least a 7 point difference in OU's favor, last year VY mitigated that with his speed, this year its business as usual. OU by a landslide and the UT fans are back to calling for his head.
My problem isn't so much with Brown as it is with Greg Davis (offensive coordinator). Over 50% of his pass play calls seem to be 1-5 yard flat passes. He changed that style for Young, but he is back at work again at destroying any chance we have of throwing downfield.
Old 10-02-2006   #4
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

UT 35

Pee U 28
Old 10-02-2006   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Horns 31
Mobilhoma 10
Old 10-02-2006   #6
bigcarlos
Veteran

UT - 24
Ou - 13
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the whorns should win this one, but meh...i'm not really confident in either team.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2006   #8
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
My problem isn't so much with Brown as it is with Greg Davis (offensive coordinator). Over 50% of his pass play calls seem to be 1-5 yard flat passes. He changed that style for Young, but he is back at work again at destroying any chance we have of throwing downfield.
Definitely....Brown is fine with me, but I've never liked Greg Davis. I think he has ALWAYS been too conservative....and he calls the same plays over and over regardless of how unsuccessful they are. We hardly ever stretch the field and the only running play we run is that same sweep left or sweep right off tackle.

VY won in spite of him, not b/c of him. He called the same broken plays every time, but VY would make something happen w/ his legs if need be. You can't expect to put your young, inexperienced players in that position and have them be very successful.

With all that being said, I still think the Horns win 23-10. Defense should be very solid b/c all they have to worry about is stacking the line and stopping the run.
Old 10-02-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

45-32

The RBs have great days.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

A tip for Tuesday Night viewing watch Mack Brown's acting Debut in NBC's Friday Night Lights.
Mack:" You kind of have the deer in the headlights look!"
If UT loses to OU that clip will be playing 24/7 in Norman.

Old 10-03-2006   #11
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

UT-35
OU-21
(but OU gets 14 points on the horns 2nd stringers)
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Im gonna have to go with Oklahoma in this game. Adrian Peterson with a big day.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #13
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Should be closer than last year's, but I think UT we glide through this one. 24-14, with one of OU's touchdowns coming in garbage time.
Old 10-04-2006   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I like UT by a touchdown.
Old 10-04-2006   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

BOOMER SOONER!!!

OU 20
UT 13

Both QB's will have terrible games. Adrian Peterson is the difference.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Back to business

OU 28

UT 17

Vince is gone & done covering Brown & Davis' ineptness.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Official Texas vs. OU Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
It's that time again....

Kickoff at 2:30. ABC has the broadcast. I just hope that Musberger isn't the announcer.

I think that this game will be better than it was last year. Having said that, I still think the Longhorns win.

Texas- 24
OU - 13
Well, I was close.

A few thoughts:

I liked the broadcast team this time. A definite upgrade. I know a lot of guys around here don't like Paul Maguire, but I think he's funny. I've liked him since he was the color guy on Glanville-era Oiler games.

Colt McCoy is the real deal. This guy's got some great instincts. I wouldn't be surprised if Jevan Snead transfers.

While I'm not on OU fan by any stretch, I am an Adrian Peterson fan. Gene Chizik is the best Defensive Coordinator in college football and he had a plan for him. He had his guys out for blood in the second half. They made the difference in this game. I still hope he gets the Heisman.

I think that Michael Griffin is a top 10 draft pick. There's a pro team in Houston that could use him if Adrian Peterson is gone.

I'm done *****ing about Greg Davis. He actually made halftime adjustments this time. His offense works if it has good O-Linemen.

OU fans...feel free to stop by and get some crow if you talked any trash...

Is Bob Stoops wearing out his welcome yet with OU fans? Honest question.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.
Old 10-07-2006   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I dissagree with your assement of tallent in the Texas secondary. The stud was drafted #7 by Oakland last year. Nathan Vasher is a very good blue collar corner for the bears. This group is athletic, no doubt. But none of them will be drafted day one. Book it. I see Texas as a three loss team this season. I'd be careful about asking for smack. It's a loooong way to thanksgiving. And this horn's fan is keeping his mouth shut.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I dissagree with your assement of tallent in the Texas secondary. The stud was drafted #7 by Oakland last year. Nathan Vasher is a very good blue collar corner for the bears. This group is athletic, no doubt. But none of them will be drafted day one. Book it. I see Texas as a three loss team this season. I'd be careful about asking for smack. It's a loooong way to thanksgiving. And this horn's fan is keeping his mouth shut.
I know...it's Saturay night...some of us had a good time...

Reread the post before yours. Nowhere does it "ask for smack." Just gave an opportunity for those who did talk trash to give a reassessment.

JMO... you'd be hard-pressed to find a Safety better than Griffin. The guy is usually close to the ball and makes a lot of plays. When the smoke clears, I think that he's this year's Michael Huff. Maybe better.
Old 10-08-2006   #20
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post

none on day one, wow you really know what your talkin about

michael griffin will be mid-late first round pick,

hes better then dont whitner, and he was picked high in last years draft, he goes top 15
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read