Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2006   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Questions for Kubiak today on his radio show

I plan on calling in. What do you want me to ask him? And phrase your words carefully, as I got to get it past the screener. Also, if I choose your question, I'll read it off directly from the board. And I'll give y'all a heads up on what question I choose before I call in.

Here are some examples that come to my head so far.

Coach, can you tell me why you decided to play conservative on the last drive of the second half, as it looked like from the way Carr was moving the ball, you had time to at least try for a field goal.

Another one:

On the deep balls to AJ, was Carr purposely throwing up jump balls by design, or was was he just underthrowing them?

I could probably phrase those better coherently, but those are two just off the top of my head.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Questions for Kubiak today on his radio show

If you had to give a gameball to someone on the team for last weekends game, who would it have been?

Do you expect Faggins, Flannagan, and Peek to be back on the field in Dallas?

What happened to Biesal, and will he be ok?

Given he success the D had with blitzing, will this be implemented more in the future?

Who will cover TO in Dallas?

What scheme was the defense using in the final 5 minutes of the 4th quarter?
Old 10-02-2006   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would ask about the tackling, or lack there of. First off, commend him on his first NFL victory as a head coach, that's a huge win for him and this franchise. So, I would say something along the lines of:

"Congratulations on your first win as a head coach. It was a great win for this city and the franchise. I would like to ask you what are your plans for working with the defensive unit on their tackling fundamentals? It seemed like we were in proper positions to make plays yesterday, but the runner was able to pick up extra yards because he was not being wrapped up when hit by defenders."

Something along those lines would be nice to hear....maybe you should also add into the mix that it was nice to see the defenseive unit be more aggressive this week. We need to keep from harping on him this week, IMHO.
Old 10-02-2006   #4
SESupergenius

I got one:

Coach, When Carr decided to throw that long deep ball to AJ down the sideline, do you think that maybe next week the offensive line will do a better job in not getting in his face when he throws it?
Old 10-02-2006   #5
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Why is CC Brown still starting?
Old 10-02-2006   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Who will cover TO in Dallas?
Ha! A light just went on.

Hey Coach, you had high praise for Dunta Robinson's play in the Redskins game. Do you think you might have jinxed him, as it looked he didn't have that hot of a game yesterday? And what did you think of the entire secondary as a whole?

Last edited by Marcus; 10-02-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-02-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Coach, will you ever have confidence in your 5 year, starting veteran, QB to run a 2 minute drill?

Or,

You have coached some great QB's, and some average ones. When do you think Carr will be up to an average QB and allow him to run a 2 minute drill?
Old 10-02-2006   #8
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Coach Kubiak, what will you do during the bye to improve your running game?

Coach Kubiak, Carr had a great game, but how many times during the game do you think his decision making could have been better?
Old 10-02-2006   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I would ask about the tackling, or lack there of. First off, commend him on his first NFL victory as a head coach, that's a huge win for him and this franchise. So, I would say something along the lines of:

"Congratulations on your first win as a head coach. It was a great win for this city and the franchise. I would like to ask you what are your plans for working with the defensive unit on their tackling fundamentals? It seemed like we were in proper positions to make plays yesterday, but the runner was able to pick up extra yards because he was not being wrapped up when hit by defenders."

Something along those lines would be nice to hear....maybe you should also add into the mix that it was nice to see the defenseive unit be more aggressive this week. We need to keep from harping on him this week, IMHO.
Very nice. That leads it so far.
Old 10-02-2006   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Why was Brad Bedell activated over Eric Winston?
Old 10-02-2006   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Coach, will you ever have confidence in your 5 year, starting veteran, QB to run a 2 minute drill?

Or,

You have coached some great QB's, and some average ones. When do you think Carr will be up to an average QB and allow him to run a 2 minute drill?
Smart-aleck sarcasm ain't gonna fly, KT. You're gonna have to do better than that.
Old 10-02-2006   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Why was Brad Bedell activated over Eric Winston?
That's a good question too. The first thing that came to mind when Salaam went down was, well at least we'll get to see Winston play. Then I hear them say Bedell was in at LT, as I stood there with a Capers look thinking I guess they must really think Winston isn't ready yet. Who knows?
Old 10-02-2006   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Very nice. That leads it so far.
I agree...great question. Leave the 2 minute drill question for somebody else. Judging from the calls that he already gets on that show, that'll probably be asked by every other caller...just rephrased every time.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade'06pick View Post
Coach Kubiak, Carr had a great game, but how many times during the game do you think his decision making could have been better?
Another good one. A very good one as a matter of fact.
Old 10-02-2006   #15
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

What changes should we expect to see to help the running game?
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That's a good question too. The first thing that came to mind when Salaam went down was, well at least we'll get to see Winston play. Then I hear them say Bedell was in at LT, as I stood there with a Capers look thinking I guess they must really think Winston isn't ready yet. Who knows?
From everything I've heard outside of this board, Winston was very raw coming into the league. This may be a surprise considering that he came from Miami. Possibly his success there came from a combination of pure ability and being surrounded by other top players. Miami usually has more talent on the field then the teams they face, so they all can look pretty good.
Old 10-02-2006   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched the Texans' highlight show on channel 13 last night and Bob Allen interviewed Kubiak. Bob asked him about the difference in our defense yesterday compared to our first 3 games and IIRC Kubiak said something to the effect of "I just told Richard to go out and be aggressive". I am curious to know, if this is correct, why did we wait so long to get aggressive defensively, especially after playing much better offensive teams in weeks 1-3 compared to Miami.
Old 10-02-2006   #18
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Coach Kubiak, do you plan on bringing your balls to Dallas in week 6? And, if so, do you plan on taking them out of the jar and using them?
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #19
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll listen today as usual and hope to hear your call Marcus. That being said, I hope the fans don't intend on reaming him a new one after yesterday's performance. I think this team is a work in progress and we looked much better defensively than we did a week before. I hope to see us make progressive strides like that every week that will lead up to us having a good record and maybe even playoff asperations next season. It is a shame to have people pick you apart for every single action you make. This team is learning along with the coach right now and people need to remember that he wasn't part of the "five year plan" debacle we had to go through.
Old 10-02-2006   #20
Osso
Veteran

How about something more positive.

Coach congrats on your 1st win as head coach of the Houston Texans. You beat a team supposedly headed for the super bowl. Our next game is against our most obvious hated rival the Dallas cowboys. With the time off will our injured starters be back in the line up?
Osso is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read