Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2006   #1
Los
Rookie

Default Is it just me or we just don't...

Is it just me or we just don't have defensive backs that can cover some of these wide outs we face ?

It seems we get burnt on some deep pass plays...
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #2
texflex513
All Pro

Default Re: Is it just me or we just don't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
Is it just me or we just don't have defensive backs that can cover some of these wide outs we face ?

What i want to know is...is P BUCH really that horrible of a corner this year i remember when sanders went out of the game with an injury kub put in a guy named johnson Why hasnt p buch been givin a chance i thought he was having a decent camp?
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #3
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
What i want to know is...is P BUCH really that horrible of a corner this year i remember when sanders went out of the game with an injury kub put in a guy named johnson Why hasnt p buch been givin a chance i thought he was having a decent camp?

I think P BUCH has been injured most of the year.
Old 10-02-2006   #4
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 TFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performer

Maybe the ankle is still giving him a limited role right know. Ankles are very important to a CB. and you do not want to stick a sore ankle CB out there.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
for that game, I think PBuch just came back from injury suffered in our first game against Philly. I was hoping to see him get some playing time yesterday, when Dunta was taking a breather. But because of the injury(??) on the sideline, he got his wind back, came back into the game, and told PBuch to get off the field.

He played very well in the Preseason, with the exception of the one PI. I was hoping to see him play some, but as Sanders has been better than our other corner, I can't see them sitting him down for Buch.

But then they keep putting McCleon in on the nickel, & that #25 (Derrick Johnson) in when Sanders gets hurt. So either they don't think much of Buch, or they want him exclusively for specialTeams... I don't know.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #6
NederlandTexan
Veteran

When you bring blitzers, you expose your secondary. It's a trade off I'll take every day of the week. It was wonderful seeing guys coming from different directions all day. Coach Smith had a helluva game plan.
Old 10-31-2006   #7
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

UTVinceYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2006   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung View Post
And where did you burn us? What deep play are you celebrating?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #9
wenskek
Rookie

cc is a joke, earl is a joke, sanders would be a dime while faggins a nickle, and my respect for dunta is growing small!
wenskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #10
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenskek View Post
cc is a joke, earl is a joke, sanders would be a dime while faggins a nickle, and my respect for dunta is growing small!
oxymoron
Old 11-01-2006   #11
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 18 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post

This is one of the major reasons I think we play so well against Jacksonville.

We can't cover the smaller, faster recievers (Stallworth, Moss, Harrison, Wayne,). But Jacksonville's are all bigger and not as fast, so they play into our DB's strength (hitting people which cause their recievers to drop some passes).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #12
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
This is one of the major reasons I think we play so well against Jacksonville.

We can't cover the smaller, faster recievers (Stallworth, Moss, Harrison, Wayne,). But Jacksonville's are all bigger and not as fast, so they play into our DB's strength (hitting people which cause their recievers to drop some passes).
You mean quick right ?
Old 11-01-2006   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 18 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
You mean quick right ?
I guess Quicker would probably better a better word, but some of the recievers I named (Stallworth) are just flat out faster than anyone we have back there.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read